Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Does anyone else have trouble with aggressive people?
yes, when people make demands/threats I respond aggressively 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
yes, when people make demands/threats I respond by shutting down 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
no, when people are aggressive with demands or make threats it does not stimulate a reaction from me 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

devilSpawn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2017, 3:44 pm

I have a very hard time interacting socially. I often, because of my condition, find myself approached unwanted by people making unreasonable demands and doing so aggressively (demands such as "you have to leave because we have a 'no shoes' policy". Because of my documented tactile sensory issues and significant anxiety when feeling trapped, I do not wear shoes because the reduced anxiety benefit helps me to exhibit better attitude and behavior. However, I am a noticeable oddball, I have been told I can be very quickly picked out from a crowd; the opposite of waldo. When I am by myself in most public places, I get approached by managers who resemble vultures in their conduct, often with aggressively stated demands with no willingness to hear any rebuttal.
I especially despise when they attempt to justify their deprivation of my rights ("equal access to goods and services") by stating nonexistent health codes. Often I have to deal with police who are called to address the situation as, especially when approached aggressively, I refuse to leave. Sometimes the police do their jobs and inform the managers of the law, other times they commit felonies by threatening me with unlawful use of force in order to deprive.

When I am threatened and feel hopeless at the same time, I have a tendency to react aggressively, this is also documented. I am wondering if anyone else on the spectrum has this issue or if I'm even more of an oddball than I thought.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 4:03 pm

Last night at the HOA meeting.....one of the other members (a guy who thinks he can manipulate everyone to get his way) was right in my face yelling his ass off and I was able to stand up to him, but still kept my cool. Mary said that I held it together very well, but I have to say at one point I was pretty scared because I thought he was going to hit me - that's how much in my face he was. He has bad anger issues - I had him pegged all wrong when I first met him, thought he was someone I could trust, but no. I'm going to be seeing him again tomorrow night. I'm not going to let him have the upper hand. Such an A-hole.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

They fluster me and I start shutting down.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman