Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:05 am

It is the beauty of Google.

I may not agree with censorship, overall, as a practice when there is respectful disagreement and people are trying to resolve issues of difference.

However, with Google a good controversy always generates additional freedom of speech. Where there is cost in censorship there is usual equal, if not greater, benefit in freedom of speech. :)

This issue has greatly increased my freedom of speech.

I will provide a few examples.

If one types in either Autistics Should Be Loved or Autistics Should Be Killed, all this information I have provided is now available at the finger tips in top search results for anyone on the spectrum who finds fascination with Patterns generated by Algorithms like I do.

I also enjoy decoding patterns in almost everything else in life. It is part of my "Hyperlexic Flavor" of Autism.

The Opportunity to discuss "Algorithms and Autistics" in one sentence is a dream come true for me, that I never realized existed, until someone started this controversy.

How happy could I be that from now until some point in the future when someone types in Algorithms and Autistics in a search, for whatever reason, they will have the opportunity to share my out of the box thinking, for some time to come, whether I am alive or dead.

That is Freedom of Speech at the highest levels of human imagination.

They will never know my name but that does not matter, as we are all in this game of life together, whether we exist on or off a spectrum. :)

Google makes an amazing tapestry of minds, or what could be described as cosmic consciousness, come to fruition, in concrete reality, in words that are edifice of mind.

Not likely, that anyone else has ever described it that way. Huh? :)

Even more amazing is the fact that I can type the sentence in Google and it "tells me no".

It is part of the beauty of the Autistic mind in art of word.

Read the Bold sentence a couple of times and see if one's mind replaces Google with God.

Does it even matter?

"Who" knew Algorithms could be this deep? :)

Also too, I thank you Jaden, as our respectful discussion with each other has inspired another Blog Post for me, per the stimulation of my mind, from others on this site, as has been the case many times in the past.

I don't usually mention names, in my Blog posts, but never the less, I credit you, in part, for the effort here today, at this point in time. here, on this 'Wrong Planet'. :)

Here is my Blog Post, that is almost identical to my response to you.

It is titled 'Praising' the 'Google' Algorithm :)

http://katiemiaaghogday.blogspot.com/20 ... rithm.html

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

bonsai
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2013, 10:31 pm

WrongWay wrote:
starkid wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of this. Why try to hide what other people have searched for?

Because it promotes hate towards autistic people. Someone just looking for information on autism might see the autofill results first thing and therefore get a unjustifiably bad first impression about autistics.

People wanting to make a difference in the autistic community will not be swayed by autocomplete terms that pop up and hit them in the face on Google.

As for affecting NT's first impressions of those with ASD, if you really want to change NT's' opinions, get up out of the chair and change them. I agree with an earlier post that questioned the purpose of search algorithm modification by calling it unnecessary. It's a futile behaviour- changing associations in the algorithm tree just hacks away at the symptom and fails to address those mean old people. Weren't those the opinions you wanted you change in the first place? Trying to curtail what they see in a Google bar so they won't see or think mean, hurtful things is micromanaging, it's puerile.

Call me socially inept, call me shy, call me weird, tell me to get lost. Think of the worst phrase you can, get angry, and say it. You only live once, I'll live it with or without mean words and those supposedly hateful search terms. Time is not worth wasting on pejoratives in person, why are we (us) doing this the internet? If an easily-influenced NT ended up being flashed that phrase 'Autistics should be exterminated' by accident, well, they'll either believe it and that person couldn't have contributed to this community anyway (nobody believes something so polarizing in either direction with such a lack of scrutiny), or like most people who see something extraneous on the street and keep walking, that person will just ignore it and keep living.

AQ: 47

Last edited by bonsai on 23 May 2013, 11:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bonsai
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2013, 10:49 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
I don't think you should try to restrict what people talk about. People should be allowed to say mean things to me. I was going to use a lot of derogatory words in this post to be ironic, but I was afraid then that my post might get removed. You're a wussy if you want to keep people from googling mean things about you. Hate speech wasn't a crime until fairly recently, and I don't think that was an improvement.

I'm in agreement.

AQ: 47

quietgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

eric76 wrote:
I just checked and it hasn't been changed yet. I wonder how long it will take.

There are also the "are annoying", "are evil", "are ret*d", "are rude", "are dangerous", "are violent, "are stupid", "are selfish", and so on. Also, for "can autistic people", there are "be violent", "be gay", "talk", "become violent", and so on.

Google has its work cut out for it.

Looks like everything is gone except: autistic people should killed

44,000,000 results, many of which are about the Google removals, which are included. <shakes head and laughs>

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&ne ... RGq2cTwvWw

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 6:20 pm

quietgirl wrote:
eric76 wrote:
I just checked and it hasn't been changed yet. I wonder how long it will take.

There are also the "are annoying", "are evil", "are ret*d", "are rude", "are dangerous", "are violent, "are stupid", "are selfish", and so on. Also, for "can autistic people", there are "be violent", "be gay", "talk", "become violent", and so on.

Google has its work cut out for it.

Looks like everything is gone except: autistic people should killed

44,000,000 results, many of which are about the Google removals, which are included. <shakes head and laughs>

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&ne ... RGq2cTwvWw

HA1 HA! I told them so....

Signed,

Just another K...

It's Magic...

K1!

44,000,000 REsults...

Sychronicity!!

"Trust Me"

This is not off

TopicK...

OBTW,

Thanks, Quiet Girl...
Synchronicity loves your start date...
12/22/2012....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Google's search suggestions are just sick. No matter what you type, you'll see the most disturbing suggestions...like people would actually search them. If u do search them, get a life!

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2013, 2:17 am

No, I don't have a problem with it. When I google various cultures including my own for example, I get answers that are racist. But it's a good thing, in my opinion, that people are googling racist things to find out the facts instead of fictitious stereotypes. It's the same with the autism search results.

BigHig
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2013, 3:59 pm

They don't like the way we think and sometimes act... :wink:

take for instance my blog 421blog dot com

8O