Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 7:46 am

Parents of woman ‘left to rot away on sofa for 12 years’ charged with murder

Quote:
The parents of a Louisiana woman who was allegedly left to “rot away” on their sofa in her own waste for up to 12 years have been charged with second-degree murder.

Clay and Sheila Fletcher were arrested and indicted on Monday,
four months after their 36-year-old daughter Lacey’s emaciated body was found fused to the couch at their home in the town of Slaughter.

Lacey was semi-naked and sitting upright in a sunken crevice in the sofa when she was found by a police officer, District Attorney Sam D’Aquilla said.

She weighed just 96 pounds (43 kgs) and was covered in urine, faces and maggots.

East Feliciana Parish coroner Ewell Bickham believes she could have been sitting in the same position for as long as 12 years, The Advocate reported. She also tested positive for Covid-19.

Lacey had been homeschooled since high school, suffered social anxiety as a teenager, and had a severe case of Asperger’s, Mr D’Aquila said.

Police officers were notified of Lacey’s death when her mother called 911 on 3 January.

On reaching the house, deputies found a “strong stench” emanating. Fletcher’s body was surrounded by faeces and urine, and there were severe ulcers on the body’s underside.

Coroner Dr Bickham ruled her death a homicide and the “cause behind her death stems from at least a decade of medical neglect”.

“The scene was sickening. I’ve seen some horrible things in my life but nothing like this,” he told DailyMail.com.

He told WBRZ he couldn’t eat and cried for a week after attending the death.

Calling it a horrific episode, Mr D’Aquilla said: “The caretakers just let her sit on the couch. She just urinated and used the bathroom on the couch.”

The underside of Lacey’s body was covered in ulcers, and appeared “rotten to the bone,” the district attorney said.

She appeared to have faeces shoved in her face, chest and stomach, he added.

“On a murder, you have to have intent,” Mr D’Aquilla said. “Did they want to kill her? I want to say yeah, they wanted to kill her.”

Sheila and Clay Fletcher were longtime residents of Slaughter, a town 20 miles (36kms) north of Baton Rouge. Sheila had worked as a town alderman, but resigned her post in February after her daughter’s death.

The parents’s attorney Steven Moore said they didn’t want to “relive the pain of losing a child through the media” in a statement to WBRZ before they were charged with murder.

“They have been through a lot of heartache over the years. Anyone who had lost a child knows what it’s like.”

Disability advocates said it appeared to be a clear case of criminal neglect.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 10:03 am

[ FILLICIDE in the Burbs :
Feb 17 2017 ,,3 am , heard yelling from two doors over from this little canyon area , i live in ,,am a Light sleeper but it was loud . So realizing the sound was coming from. a direction , were this older woman ( grandma)protects her drug addicted and criminal relatives at ..from all observations of activity at this location, ( all the usual activity for meth sales) complete witha lab another four doors further down. . As a manufacturing base. The older Father (an ex son in law )to this Grandma,pretexting as a homeless person to get sympathy , quite physically capable ..Had moved into the backyard Garage some many months before .And his younger shorter ND son. Moved in with the Grandma. at that same location. Grandma had incredibly loose veiw on her relatives doing crimes .And had glad handed cops going to the church, she went to, once a year. Using the cop associations with the church to get free oil changes for her van pretexting poverty.. Using their food pantry regularily inspite of iver 100,000 a year retirement from her late husband with ADM co.
Seemingly Neurodiverse Son of this man moved in aswell , but was well behaved and se3mingly wanted to restore his family connection with his already onsite Father, a Pan Handler and low level theif , looting all surrounding yards next to
the grandmothers. And the man tried to get his son to join him but the ND son was clumsy and caused them to get caught at least once,( grandma person was aware and encouraged this father/ son activity. Even thought it was obvious the Father hated the son ,Being the son ,had caused him for years to be pursued for not paying any childsupport even after 28 yrs . So late this one night the Grandma knew they had been arguing, but sent the ND 28 yr old, boy with mentality of a 13 yr old judging from my interaction with him once. Sent the boy out into her backyard where the father was camped out.in the Grandnas garage. to resolve their issues of that day. . Knowing their relationship was bad .
To his death .. I got curious about the volume of the yelling . And knowing these people had been looting my home too.
Drug out my late husbands night vision scope . And witnessed two men matching there heights in front if tbat same garage .Holding each other up .. Figured maybe they were partying , Then one slumped to the ground as I called 911.
And got berated by the 911 olerator for not minding my own business and asked if I was on drugs. So I hung up , and thought , just,they were too drunk and one could not hold up the other any longer,the one that
looked like the Father,then at Ten :30 next morning , i get a call from the GrandDaughter,who is distant from this Grandmother. And am told the Father that I had been watching through the NV equipment had stabbed the his son 25 times and ket him slump to the ground. The boy was a little slow, but that sure seened like a fillicide to me. By the Grandmother and the Father ..I was never called by the police. and after a week I called them. I was the only eyewitness, and was not called to testify . homicide came out and took pikky of the Night Vision devise , never heard from them again..6 months later , got a newly out prison con, whom took iver the looting if oeople house in my area, and hanging out behind our local store, with him and newly develop gang of drunks/etc and at the fwy oframps , panhandling all the while going back over to the grandmothers place for food and rest.
(At the trial of the Derelict Father,) the Grandmother came to his aide , defending him , getting lawyers removed from the case, ckaiming the father acted in self defence. Cause the son was beating him with a golfcub, keft over from his orevious , ( now State Pen Grandson& his wife)another story). The golf club bruises were inflicted after the murder, by the grandmother i believe to give the derilect father an excuse to kill him. But I saw no struggle by the the ND boy and no golf club...Will not forget that one ever..Fillicide in the Burbs. Supposably the Father is in Prison.Now. Finally the Grandmother moved away hooray...Quite sure she is still lical around here and sponsiring her relatives engaged crime

where ever you go ,there you are