Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 7:06 am

Thomas Frazier II, Ph.D. Appointed Chairman of Autism Speaks Board of Directors

Quote:
Dr. Frazier is a renowned clinical psychologist and an esteemed autism researcher currently serving as a professor of psychology at John Carroll University and as a member of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC). His work at John Carroll University focuses on developing new online measures for remotely monitoring developmental progress and complements his longstanding commitment to enhancing the lives of autistic people.

Previously, Dr. Frazier has held significant positions within the field, including chief science officer at Autism Speaks from 2017 to 2020. During his tenure, he oversaw pivotal science initiatives such as the Autism Care Network. His earlier role as director of the Center for Autism at the Cleveland Clinic further cemented his expertise and dedication to advancing autism research and care.

With over 17 years of experience in the evaluation, treatment and research of autism, Dr. Frazier has contributed extensively to the scientific community, authoring more than 130 peer-reviewed papers and delivering numerous conference presentations. His work has ranged from refining diagnostic methods and studying new interventions and supports, to understanding and improving the quality of life for people with autism and their families.

Dr. Frazier expressed his enthusiasm about his new role, saying, "I'm truly honored to step into the role of chairman at Autism Speaks. This role is very close to my heart—not just professionally but personally. As a parent and a psychologist, I've seen firsthand the challenges and triumphs within the autism community. I'm excited to bring my own experiences and passion to the table, working alongside a team that's just as dedicated to making a real difference for people with autism and their families."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 3:23 pm

I never heard of John Carroll University. Googled it just now and found its About page.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2024, 11:02 am

Was chief science officer for Autism Speaks from 2017 to 2020, the Dark Ages.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2024, 6:14 pm

Autism $peaks can go jump into a swimming pool full of razor-sharp metal puzzle pieces.