Page 10 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

WildColonialBoy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

ci wrote:
That was English unless you were born in England and don't accept that the revolutionary war was originally fought and won but another form of English.

Sorry mate but most of your posts are impossible to understand.

Even the ones that are understandable are painful to read. Have you thought about going back to school for a few classes?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

Have no problem with others reading my computer screen here and understanding and as well as talk of the alike subjects. Although I am a bit advanced in a select few subjects other then the grammar I don't see why other then not sharing a specific interest some of the people replying don't understand. If you asked a specific question I'd be happy to explain in detail and if needed try several other ways as I have patients for it.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

WildColonialBoy

22 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

ci wrote:
Have no problem with others reading my computer screen here and understanding and as well as talk of the alike subjects. Although I am a bit advanced in a select few subjects other then the grammar I don't see why other then not sharing a specific interest some of the people replying don't understand. If you asked a specific question I'd be happy to explain in detail and if needed try several other ways as I have patients for it.

Mate go and take a few classes.

You know I'm right.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm

Basic intolerance of a superiority complex who enjoys pointing out others inferiority to their own without any patients what so ever to tolerate or co-exist with it. Likely a pride advocate... AS Usual!

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

WildColonialBoy

22 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm

ci wrote:
Basic intolerance of a superiority complex who enjoys pointing out others inferiority to their own without any patients what so ever to tolerate or co-exist with it. Likely a pride advocate... AS Usual!

How about a Red under the bed you loon!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:25 pm

ATypical pride-mite in action. Just focuses on his superiority, making others out to be inferior and belittles whenever he gets the chance. No constructive resolution attempts and when others do its a perceived threat.

WildColonialBoy

22 Aug 2011, 10:32 pm

ci wrote:
ATypical pride-mite in action. Just focuses on his superiority, making others out to be inferior and belittles whenever he gets the chance. No constructive resolution attempts and when others do its a perceived threat.

Tried to make a helpful suggestion and cop a load of abuse; have a nice life drongo!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm

No you didnt. You tried to assert how your time was unworthy of understanding my ways of communicating and that I needed to go to school for you to bother. I've explained on this forum I was in special education for grammar and I couldn't even pass that class. It's only been pride people that continue to point it out when I'm fine with how I express already and tolerate the world around me to more then want to bother to explain what I mean with what I say. You understand enough to state you don't like what I say yet can't be bothered to ask questions when you cannot but have come to conclusions I don't know English. Again you understand and what you don't you would rather not bother but seek to insult that to bother I must take classes for you to understand and in so doing asserting I am to inferior for your time to bother.

I think you need to learn to communicate your dislikes better yourself and find ways to argue valid points rather then furthering social hostilities. That's the nature of pride. When it cannot stand that someone thinks different they seek destruction in someones lives to the point of attacking peoples jobs, hopes, intellectual abilities and worthiness to think out loud.

Common tactic making butts out of themselves where applicable.

Last edited by ci on 22 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

Gallowglass wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
ci wrote:
I think you have forgotten that the aspie political movement is an extremely small amount of people compared to the greater majority of individuals with autism who typically are kind or simply not involved in the messes of online advocates that at times spill offline. Again no individuals with autism or other individuals with disabilities I've seen around me is nearly as fanatical or anti-Establish-mental and out right reverse discriminating intending then some of the advocates online which the public at times confuses myself and others for as if we are like them. I'd like to think that people ought to get along in good positive inclusive efforts but the madness of some of these politics which entirely alter world-views such as the them vs. us nonesense does not like it one bit. After-all if N.T's are nice and helpful as what I've experienced and project in advocacy then it can be threatening to some beliefs.

Again with regard to the people not diagnosed and who have inclusive achievements the efforts your attacking for my disagreeing with you on some others issues you hold dear are not about you, for you and your hatred toward it for it's audacity and success simply proves autism advocacy should be divided for certain need based groups.

Ci
My goal is a world where Aspies live in dignity in employment and have equal opportunities for happy and productive lives.

This includes not being dependant upon charity or state handouts.

Your activities encourage a perpetuation of this.

The website here is for neurotypicals, undiagnosed autistics, diagnosed autistics, and those with other unrelated disorders; all their opinions are welcome. Probably the least represented group are the majority of Autistic people that number 80% of those with Classic Autism that are not measured as having normal and above IQ levels; this of course is not to suggest that they don't have intelligence that is not measured by this tool.

I too believe that you have a noble goal here for people with Aspergers. However for those that are more profoundly disabled by the condition, the opportunities that service organizations provide accommodate the needs of some others, enabling them to become part of the working world.

While candle making and janitorial work, may not meet the employment goals of some, there are disabled people that take great pride in the fact that they are able to go out in the working world and be part of it.

A number of disabled autistic people were employed in a service that only employed disabled individuals, that provided janitorial services for a military installation where I worked, and they were as proud and happy to be employed in their jobs as the Captain of the base.

You can bet that many of these disabled people that are employed in making candles are proud and happy to have an opportunity to be part of the working world. For some that are more profoundly disabled, these type of opportunities would not exist, if people did not create them specifically for disabled people.

A college degree is no guarantee of a job at McDonalds in the US. Finding work is hard for those that are blessed with the highest abilities found within the population.

The goal you have and the goal that the candle making organization have meet the needs of those that can help themselves and those that do require help from others to make it in life. Both goals are noble ones.

I think Ci's argument here is to bring to light that not all Autistic people can support themselves within the community without specific efforts in the Community that provide the opportunities.

He feels like some advocacy organizations don't understand that these people are not disabled by society but by the disabling symptoms that some experience with Autism. Society does not stand in the way of these individual's progress in life, they enable it through programs that allow them to become part of the working world.

If I didn't see the look of pride on those individuals that worked in the janitorial service on the military installation, one might be able to convince me that it somehow demeaning to offer these type of menial jobs to the disabled.

Janitorial work and sanitation in general has saved more lives than any other profession in the history of the world. It might not be the best of jobs for all, but it is meaningful work in the results it achieves for better health for all people.

The difference here is while some people with Autism feel like society holds them back, which it can where there is discrimination based on disability, there are others more profoundly disabled who are enabled by society, that would not have an opportunity to work, if it was not for specific efforts from society to provide that opportunity.

It doesn't match the ideology of neurodiversity because neurodiversity suggests that society disables the neurodiverse, not the condition they were born with.

While this may be true for some individuals that are considered neurodiverse, it does not apply in regard to those that are inherently disabled by their disability, including some with Autism who are more profoundly disabled by the symptoms.

It seems fairly simple, different needs for different individuals that should be accepted by all. A move toward more rights in the workplace for those that have the ability to seek their own employment and the enabling of those to work that are not in a position to seek their own employment seems like a reasonable solution in the discussion here.

Different advocacy solutions to meet the needs of different people.

Organizations like ASAN and Autism Speaks don't provide these kind of opportunities, but they advocate for them and provide information for people on where to find them. It is the government and the private sector whom we must rely on to provide greater rights in the workplace for those that seek them, and the enabling of others by providing specific job opportunities for those more profoundly disabled individuals.

You are right mate and I agree with what you say about the benefits for the low functioning to have access to sheltered employment.

I prefer to see this in terms of rights though rather than charity.To establish rights we need a degree of political power and organisation in order to effect legislative change.

It is just that Ci's advocavy style gets right up my nose and if he could put his views forward in a logical and grammatical manner and did not resort to cheap ad hominem attacks or believe that selling candles makes him the only spokesman on autistic issues he might actually get the support and attention that he is seeking.

In short, Ci is a liability to autistic people and his own worst enemy.

I think rights are good. In the US Autistic people when assessed as meeting government requirements are protected from discrimination in the workplace through the American's with Disabilities Act. Those on the whole spectrum consistently qualify for these rights when assessed. In the US, just yesterday it was announced that disability benefits will run out of money in the US in 6 years. For those Autistic people that are pemanently disabled and all others, hopefully something can be done about that.

I don't suggest that you like Ci's advocacy style, but it would be fair to understand that he is a developmentally disabled Autistic person, still undergoing ABA treatment, meeting goals in his life that he is proud of. It takes that kind of tenacious spirit of perservation for some Autistic people to suceed in their effort at life.

He is one of the Autistic people not capable of meeting the standards you suggest with writing style, his mind works differently. I've never had much of a problem understanding him, although I did wonder why he was so driven in this area, as many of us are in other areas of life.

I was developmentally delayed in output with speech and writing most of my life, but blessed in the input area. We all have our strengths and our weaknesses sometimes more obvious in some areas than others.

Before Ci came here to this specific forum, rarely was there a discussion here that created much controversy or dissent. He has created more conversation and controversy here, in this specific forum, probably since the site was initatiated. The record is there for review. He has actually toned down the fervor quite a bit since he came here, but he is getting wound up a little now. The view of the disabled Autistic person is worthy of consideration also.

My grandfather likely had Aspergers was considered a genius in his time, my father has aspergers, perserverance in law enforcement for 43 years. I got the classic autism with a developmental delay but adapted with no idea of Autism until 47 years later, and my child was born severely disabled with conditions associated with autism, he didn't survive, I wondered where that came from, now I know it was my side of the family.

When I think of Ci, I think of my disability and how I coped with it, and think of my child that didn't have the opportunity to cope long.

One doesn't have to like Ci, or take the time to understand him, but to me it seems fair for us not to expect him to suddenly overcome a lifelong developmental disability.

As I wondered how my child's life might be my challenges I was proud to have met, seemed insignificant to his challenge to live another minute. The challenges we face in life are always relative; Ci has met a greater challenge than some.

I won't excuse Ci for any attack you see as given by him, regardless of a diagnosis everyone has a right to be here and express their opinions.

On the other hand licking windows and sniffing glue, because any autistic person has a developmental disability and doesn't meet grammatical standards, is one thing that I don't think is fair for any of us to do to another autistic person regardless if we don't personally care for their opinions or communication style.

I don't think you intend it this way, you may not believe he has the problem he states he does, but he has given his real name here; it can be verified that he has a developmental disability associated with Autism; without that he would not have been able to have qualified for the program that he has qualified for in California.

Ci, is normally kind enough to let me use him as an example, but above and beyond all this is a support site, regardless if we agree with each other or not.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:51 pm

Pride-mites can shove off as they have met someone they can't push around like they do to others.

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2011, 10:55 pm

aghogday wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
ci wrote:
I think you have forgotten that the aspie political movement is an extremely small amount of people compared to the greater majority of individuals with autism who typically are kind or simply not involved in the messes of online advocates that at times spill offline. Again no individuals with autism or other individuals with disabilities I've seen around me is nearly as fanatical or anti-Establish-mental and out right reverse discriminating intending then some of the advocates online which the public at times confuses myself and others for as if we are like them. I'd like to think that people ought to get along in good positive inclusive efforts but the madness of some of these politics which entirely alter world-views such as the them vs. us nonesense does not like it one bit. After-all if N.T's are nice and helpful as what I've experienced and project in advocacy then it can be threatening to some beliefs.

Again with regard to the people not diagnosed and who have inclusive achievements the efforts your attacking for my disagreeing with you on some others issues you hold dear are not about you, for you and your hatred toward it for it's audacity and success simply proves autism advocacy should be divided for certain need based groups.

Ci
My goal is a world where Aspies live in dignity in employment and have equal opportunities for happy and productive lives.

This includes not being dependant upon charity or state handouts.

Your activities encourage a perpetuation of this.

The website here is for neurotypicals, undiagnosed autistics, diagnosed autistics, and those with other unrelated disorders; all their opinions are welcome. Probably the least represented group are the majority of Autistic people that number 80% of those with Classic Autism that are not measured as having normal and above IQ levels; this of course is not to suggest that they don't have intelligence that is not measured by this tool.

I too believe that you have a noble goal here for people with Aspergers. However for those that are more profoundly disabled by the condition, the opportunities that service organizations provide accommodate the needs of some others, enabling them to become part of the working world.

While candle making and janitorial work, may not meet the employment goals of some, there are disabled people that take great pride in the fact that they are able to go out in the working world and be part of it.

A number of disabled autistic people were employed in a service that only employed disabled individuals, that provided janitorial services for a military installation where I worked, and they were as proud and happy to be employed in their jobs as the Captain of the base.

You can bet that many of these disabled people that are employed in making candles are proud and happy to have an opportunity to be part of the working world. For some that are more profoundly disabled, these type of opportunities would not exist, if people did not create them specifically for disabled people.

A college degree is no guarantee of a job at McDonalds in the US. Finding work is hard for those that are blessed with the highest abilities found within the population.

The goal you have and the goal that the candle making organization have meet the needs of those that can help themselves and those that do require help from others to make it in life. Both goals are noble ones.

I think Ci's argument here is to bring to light that not all Autistic people can support themselves within the community without specific efforts in the Community that provide the opportunities.

He feels like some advocacy organizations don't understand that these people are not disabled by society but by the disabling symptoms that some experience with Autism. Society does not stand in the way of these individual's progress in life, they enable it through programs that allow them to become part of the working world.

If I didn't see the look of pride on those individuals that worked in the janitorial service on the military installation, one might be able to convince me that it somehow demeaning to offer these type of menial jobs to the disabled.

Janitorial work and sanitation in general has saved more lives than any other profession in the history of the world. It might not be the best of jobs for all, but it is meaningful work in the results it achieves for better health for all people.

The difference here is while some people with Autism feel like society holds them back, which it can where there is discrimination based on disability, there are others more profoundly disabled who are enabled by society, that would not have an opportunity to work, if it was not for specific efforts from society to provide that opportunity.

It doesn't match the ideology of neurodiversity because neurodiversity suggests that society disables the neurodiverse, not the condition they were born with.

While this may be true for some individuals that are considered neurodiverse, it does not apply in regard to those that are inherently disabled by their disability, including some with Autism who are more profoundly disabled by the symptoms.

It seems fairly simple, different needs for different individuals that should be accepted by all. A move toward more rights in the workplace for those that have the ability to seek their own employment and the enabling of those to work that are not in a position to seek their own employment seems like a reasonable solution in the discussion here.

Different advocacy solutions to meet the needs of different people.

Organizations like ASAN and Autism Speaks don't provide these kind of opportunities, but they advocate for them and provide information for people on where to find them. It is the government and the private sector whom we must rely on to provide greater rights in the workplace for those that seek them, and the enabling of others by providing specific job opportunities for those more profoundly disabled individuals.

You are right mate and I agree with what you say about the benefits for the low functioning to have access to sheltered employment.

I prefer to see this in terms of rights though rather than charity.To establish rights we need a degree of political power and organisation in order to effect legislative change.

It is just that Ci's advocavy style gets right up my nose and if he could put his views forward in a logical and grammatical manner and did not resort to cheap ad hominem attacks or believe that selling candles makes him the only spokesman on autistic issues he might actually get the support and attention that he is seeking.

In short, Ci is a liability to autistic people and his own worst enemy.

I think rights are good. In the US Autistic people when assessed as meeting government requirements are protected from discrimination in the workplace through the American's with Disabilities Act. Those on the whole spectrum consistently qualify for these rights when assessed. In the US, just yesterday it was announced that disability benefits will run out of money in the US in 6 years. For those Autistic people that are pemanently disabled and all others, hopefully something can be done about that.

I don't suggest that you like Ci's advocacy style, but it would be fair to understand that he is a developmentally disabled Autistic person, still undergoing ABA treatment, meeting goals in his life that he is proud of. It takes that kind of tenacious spirit of perservation for some Autistic people to suceed in their effort at life.

He is one of the Autistic people not capable of meeting the standards you suggest with writing style, his mind works differently. I've never had much of a problem understanding him, although I did wonder why he was so driven in this area, as many of us are in other areas of life.

I was developmentally delayed in output with speech and writing most of my life, but blessed in the input area. We all have our strengths and our weaknesses sometimes more obvious in some areas than others.

Before Ci came here to this specific forum, rarely was there a discussion here that created much controversy or dissent. He has created more conversation and controversy here, in this specific forum, probably since the site was initatiated. The record is there for review. He has actually toned down the fervor quite a bit since he came here, but he is getting wound up a little now. The view of the disabled Autistic person is worthy of consideration also.

My grandfather likely had Aspergers was considered a genius in his time, my father has aspergers, perserverance in law enforcement for 43 years. I got the classic autism with a developmental delay but adapted with no idea of Autism until 47 years later, and my child was born severely disabled with conditions associated with autism, he didn't survive, I wondered where that came from, now I know it was my side of the family.

When I think of Ci, I think of my disability and how I coped with it, and think of my child that didn't have the opportunity to cope long.

One doesn't have to like Ci, or take the time to understand him, but to me it seems fair for us not to expect him to suddenly overcome a lifelong developmental disability.

As I wondered how my child's life might be my challenges I was proud to have met, seemed insignificant to his challenge to live another minute. The challenges we face in life are always relative; Ci has met a greater challenge than some.

I won't excuse Ci for any attack you see as given by him, regardless of a diagnosis everyone has a right to be here and express their opinions.

On the other hand licking windows and sniffing glue, because any autistic person has a developmental disability and doesn't meet grammatical standards, is one thing that I don't think is fair for any of us to do to another autistic person regardless if we don't personally care for their opinions or communication style.

I don't think you intend it this way, you may not believe he has the problem he states he does, but he has given his real name here; it can be verified that he has a developmental disability associated with Autism; without that he would not have been able to have qualified for the program that he has qualified for in California.

Ci, is normally kind enough to let me use him as an example, but above and beyond all this is a support site, regardless if we agree with each other or not.

You have a good soul and a very charitable disposition.

I find that Nathan brings out aspects of my personality that I am not proud of and suspect that he creates a similar reaction in other posters.

Maybe you might prevail upon Nathan to modify his behavior as he manages to upset pretty much everybody he comes into contact with.

PS My heartfelt sympathy about you child. I have kids of my own and love them to bits!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

Maybe because you tend to instigate me in your intolerance toward who I am when you ask for dignity in who you are which seems to fraud dignity as a concept all together. How about I modify your behavior then I consider your proposed modification. Just because I receive ABS doesn't mean it is ethical to perceive politically my behavior should be politically modified when I've said some of the things that have been needed to say for a long time. It's about time some overreaching philosophies were put in their place and the potential for the hope of neurodiversity to be used as an inclusion concept as what it was originally intended for to be instilled in others as a personable item of respectabilities. Not about choosing for others what research can be conducted and how to view research but on a human level just respect in being regardless as to personal choices about modifying ones self-perceived impairments when applicable.

I believe some social hierarchies have gone well out of there way to exclude people like me with their agenda driven focuses. Self-advocacy networks are not about diversity but about certain set agenda's with no open debate allowed. This I believe ought to be a red flag as to how much their opinions mean to a collective community standard in diversity of say.

When it comes down it it if approached correctly because I succeed with working with the public in individuated terms very positive and constructive ways dignities and respect toward others in the neurodiversity sense has near no chance of failing. Forcing a one sides view of autism as a whole that interferes with others rights to treatments and perceived hardship of disability to much fails and has failed greatly by the some.

I have the experience to know what works and I have learned from some movements about just what does not work.

Is that English enough for ya? I can recall when I could not verbalize right when young others saying I didn't speak English. Now as an adult I know for sure I speak it and I'm not falling for it. Nor will I suggest you are inferior for not understanding me because that would make me no better.

If you want to pick a fight with an experienced and successful advocacy ace that really means no harm and make a butt out of yourself that's your own doing so lick your own wounds and move on. The likes of you will never be the change I and others need and will never speak in my place. It is like big brats big time and real discrimination made less credable because of the foolishness and approaches by advocates that just don't know what their doing and should really be speaking just for themselves.

ProudAspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2011, 11:21 pm

ci wrote:
Maybe because you tend to instigate me in your intolerance toward who I am when you ask for dignity in who you are which seems to fraud dignity as a concept all together. How about I modify your behavior then I consider your proposed modification. Just because I receive ABS doesn't mean it is ethical to perceive politically my behavior should be politically modified when I've said some of the things that have been needed to say for a long time. It's about time some overreaching philosophies were put in their place and the potential for the hope of neurodiversity to be used as an inclusion concept as what it was originally intended for to be instilled in others as a personable item of respectabilities. Not about choosing for others what research can be conducted and how to view research but on a human level just respect in being regardless as to personal choices about modifying ones self-perceived impairments when applicable.

I believe some social hierarchies have gone well out of there way to exclude people like me with their agenda driven focuses. Self-advocacy networks are not about diversity but about certain set agenda's with no open debate allowed. This I believe ought to be a red flag as to how much their opinions mean to a collective community standard in diversity of say.

When it comes down it it if approached correctly because I succeed with working with the public in individuated terms very positive and constructive ways dignities and respect toward others in the neurodiversity sense has near no chance of failing. Forcing a one sides view of autism as a whole that interferes with others rights to treatments and perceived hardship of disability to much fails and has failed greatly by the some.

I have the experience to know what works and I have learned from some movements about just what does not work.

Is that English enough for ya? I can recall when I could not verbalize right when young others saying I didn't speak English. Now as an adult I know for sure I speak it and I'm not falling for it. Nor will I suggest you are inferior for not understanding me because that would make me no better.

If you want to pick a fight with an experienced and successful advocacy ace that really means no harm and make a butt out of yourself that's your own doing so lick your own wounds and move on. The likes of you will never be the change I and others need and will never speak in my place. It is like big brats big time and real discrimination made less credable because of the foolishness and approaches by advocates that just don't know what their doing and should really be speaking just for themselves.

Nathan

You don't know when to shut up, do you?

I am going to find out which department funds you and then write to the Agencie's CFO and request a value for money appraisal on your grant funding as you clearly spend all your time on this site rather than making candles.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:23 pm

Threats won't work.

Good luck as it's not a grant. I can do whatever I want and they enable that as a form of civil rights. I can say what I want and they will protect my liberties to do so both in government and the private sector that receives the funding as it is mandated laws to assure these liberties are held in tact. Your intents are clear and I will not be feared into submitting to you nor will the law allow for it. I won't even copy what you said to forward to the rights attorney said as certain laws that are well known in the system protect these certain circumstances against reprisals, retribution or the inability to speak ones mind in general.

Submission to the likes of you would lack character.

Last edited by ci on 22 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProudAspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2011, 11:28 pm

We shall see.

Last edited by ProudAspie on 22 Aug 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:30 pm

ProudAspie wrote:
ci wrote:
Threats won't work.

Good luck as it's not a grant. I can do whatever I want when workers are not around me. I can say what I want and they will protect my liberties to do so both in government and the private sector that received the funding as it is mandated laws. Your intents are clear and I will not be feared into submitting to you nor will the law allow for it.[/quot

Nothing much else to say then copy and paste?