Page 3 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 12:53 pm

My dad also thought of humans as economic pawns.
But back then it was called child abuse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 5:09 pm

EVERYONE deserves a chance, not just the lucky and strong.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 10:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
EVERYONE deserves a chance, not just the lucky and strong.

Exactly! Exa-freakin-ctly!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 8:37 pm

Eugenics in the form of IVF "designer babies" is inevitable
Prenatal screening of gametes will be mandatory in the western world in 50-100 yrs the same way vaccination is now. Picking the strongest egg/sperm and then implanting will be done under the auspices of "improving" the health and wellbeing of society...also taking into consideration the economic and social cost

Whatever people think or whatever opinions they hold I suspect once prenatal screening of autism is established it (autism) will likely become extinct within a century

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:16 pm

what will happen to civilization if all the auties are subtracted from the equation?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:22 pm

I don't exactly see abortion as the same thing as murdering babies.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:34 pm

I’d say it depends an awful lot on how late in the pregnancy the abortion is performed. Early enough, it’s not very different from letting the sperm and egg cells die as they would naturally. Late enough for the fetus to look recognizably like a baby, the main difference is that already born babies can be passively left to die, while fetuses have to be actively killed.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 1:23 pm

Welp. This thread inspired me to write a dystopian novel.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 1:52 pm

it could happen here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
I’d say it depends an awful lot on how late in the pregnancy the abortion is performed. Early enough, it’s not very different from letting the sperm and egg cells die as they would naturally. Late enough for the fetus to look recognizably like a baby, the main difference is that already born babies can be passively left to die, while fetuses have to be actively killed.

There is a general law applied in western countries allowing for abortion up to a certain number of weeks. The reasons for abortion therefore does not matter if the mother is willing. There is a paradox here between reproductive rights of the mother and the rights of the child whom has an identified disability. Currently for Down's Syndrome the mother has the right to terminate after prenatal testing. This will apply for any future prenatal testing and currently stands for anatomical anomalies relating to conjoined twins, weak hearts, physical deformities etc...

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 7:59 am

rats_and_cats wrote:
@ASPartOfMe

Wow, that explains a lot. Very informative and does nothing to help my faith in humanity. And they say people with autism have no empathy. :x

Heh I lost faith in humanity a looong time ago. The only way I am able to exist is through apathy and indifference. Unfortunately like many here I am aware of how the existence of disabled people are made to be less then that of neurotypical people. Of course such things are what keep my faith in humanity at a little to none lvl of existence.

AnonymouslyAutistic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2016, 10:37 am

Because the world fears what it does not understand... and because we are trying to take over the world.

My husband and I joke that Aspies are the next mutant evolution in the human race and NT's fear us. Maybe I should write fiction. ;)

With love,
Anonymously Autistic
“Anna”

https://anonymouslyautistic.net/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 2:34 pm

i don't wanna take over any world, I just want my own world without any brassholes on it. :alien:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i don't wanna take over any world, I just want my own world without any brassholes on it. :alien:

Can I live on your world too? I promise I will keep my weirdness to a minimum. :alien:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:45 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Can I live on your world too? I promise I will keep my weirdness to a minimum. :alien:

you can let your freak flag fly AFAIC on my world :wtg:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 9:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

you can let your freak flag fly AFAIC on my world :wtg:

I'd also like to live in your world.