a note to a vaccine conspiracy theorist, and the reply.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

i was on youtube and i noticed that some guy who friended me had been favoriting anti-vaccine conspiracy videos. the issue was that since we were friends his feed was posting to my homepage. i didn't want to be associated with his activities so i sent him a note.

Quote:
ok, i understand you like conspiracy theory. one of the videos you favorited was an anti vaccine one. you may be aware that these people say that vaccines cause autism. i would like to tell you that i am autistic and that it was not caused by vaccines, i know this for a fact. i am also an advocate. i can't be seen to be associated with people who advocate for things that are untrue. if you go on making your position public i will delete you as a friend. i also want you to know that your actions are important because these conspiracy theorists have advocated treatments for autistic kids that include castration, abuse, and many other dangerous and harmful methods. the point is, these are bad people, and i don't want to be associated with people who support them. I'm sorry that this had to be like an angry letter.

his response:

Quote:
What the HELL is the matter with YOU!! Have you got nothing BETTER to do then waste everyone else's time drumming up s**t???
HOW DARE YOU send such a letter to ME! How OLD are YOU anyway?? Do YOU know how old I AM??? Where is your Mother & your Father. Who the hell is in charge of YOU?? Do THEY know what you are DOING?? You need some SERIOUS DISCIPLINE!
I don't know you & I am not subscribed to you. You are NOT in my mailing lists or anywhere ELSE!! If you're gonna be a COMMUNIST PIG about your condition and your stupid ideas then I'd have ZERO to do with YOU in the FIRST PLACE!! That goes for NOW as well! And to date I have HAD nothing to do with your self-righteous ASS!
YOU do NOT get to go around telling other people what to do and try to THREATEN them with ANYTHING! Not that YOUR crappy ideas would make you much of a "friend" anyone would want to have in the first place!
I do NOT care WHO the hell you think you ARE but you get the hell outta MY MAIL box because YOU ARE BLOCKED already! Take your s**t to your own back yard and CLEAN YOURSELF UP! I have done NOTHING to you personally nor would I. But YOU have CROSSED THE LINE!! !
I don't know where you get your COMMUNIST ideas but last time I looked this is still a FREE country. If you want to be a Commie then go live in a country you LIKE! There are plenty to choose from.! !
And QUIT your stinkin' TROLLONG everybody's FAVORITES!! They all have a right to THEIR Personal Opinions! And they/we ALL can choose to Favoriete any goddamn thing we WANT to! And YOU do NOT get to INTERFERE!
YOU on the other hand want ALL YOUR rights to FREE SPEECH but you think that THAT doesn't include EVERYONE ELSE! Well I'm here to tell YOU that it DOES go for everyone ELSE!
Now YOU'd need to get hold of yourself and LEARN how to get along in this world withOUT attempting to DICTATE to others what THEY should or should not DO, THINK or SAY in whatever format THEY -- NOT YOU -- CHOOSE!!
THEIRS -- and MY CHOICES-- are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! GOT THAT?? NONE of YOUR STINKIN' BUSINESS!
Don't you EVER contact ME again or I'll report YOU the the REAL AUTHORITIES. You GOT THAT??! !

so, he accuses me of threatening him, taking his rights, being a communist, and self riteousness. i don't think i came close to any of that. i feel stupid sending him this note because the response was fairly predictable. its really too bad that these people dominate a large part of autism debates. nothing can get done if you point your finger in every direction and everything is a threat to your rights and country. but at any rate he blocked me, so i no longer have to see his crap on my homepage.

To7m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

This is awesome, people have to see this :P I'd suggest reporting him for abusive language, since he really isn't gonna contribute to youtube in a constructive way...
I'm assuming he's a looney, his typing style (odd and incorrect grammar) indicate he's not exactly normal :P
Nice catch!

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

I bet he's with OWS. At best, he's a troll, at worst he's just an actual idiot.

But they do not have me

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 10:06 pm

lol how unoriginal that guy's response is, almost looks like a copypasta, if not it may become one now. :lol:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

25 Oct 2011, 10:50 pm

Boy that dude is nuttier than a squirel turd... I am glad he is no longer your "friend"

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 12:11 am

You could tell him that if you hadn't had the vaccines, you might have turned out like him.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

I find his USE!!??? of caPITals really --- annoying!! !

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 5:10 am

It's obvious now that at least some of the people who believe the vaccine theory are psychotic. You did good aspie48.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Apera wrote:
I bet he's with OWS. At best, he's a troll, at worst he's just an actual idiot.

whats OWS?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Oct 2011, 6:55 pm

The letter you sent him was civilized IMO. You made your point very clear---and you dealt with him respectfully. However, his manner of speaking definitely disqualifies his character as someone anyone could trust. Anyone reading the manner in which he speaks should automatically take anything else he says with a grain of salt. If I were you, I would get rid of him as a friend.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 9:01 pm

He apparently isn't aware that he is "friends" with you on a social networking site. He seems to think your contact came out of the blue, like unsolicited spam. That seems to be the real problem, that he doesn't "get" why you would comment to him on any topic, much less this one.

I don't think all vaccine theorists are like that, btw.

I am curious how you came to be "friends" in the first place.

While your note isn't what I would have written, there certainly wasn't anything in it to solicit that type of response, btw. No worries on that; you didn't do anything "wrong."

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

@dw a mom it is hard to see friends on youtube. But he friended me probably because he considers himself a "hippie" and he liked the music on my channel. Most people who friend for music probably don't expect to be approached about political or ethical matters.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

aspie48 wrote:
Most people who friend for music probably don't expect to be approached about political or ethical matters.

Yeah, I think that would be a good guess ;)

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2011, 12:38 am

jojobean what are you talking about? Thats the normal letter I get any time I point out someones mistake.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Oct 2011, 4:01 am

This is priceless! Someone put it in the trolling museum! :lol:

At least you won't be associated with that idiot ever again. :)

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
aspie48 wrote:
Most people who friend for music probably don't expect to be approached about political or ethical matters.

Yeah, I think that would be a good guess ;)
Well I think some people have to realize that when they make something public and shove it in peoples faces they might get comments on it