Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 9:01 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Donald Trump is a joke LOL

#1 Troll

If only that were true! The problem is he's very real and very serious.

Trump has a very big mouth, but another part of his anatomy is very small indeed.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2015, 3:52 pm

The guy next to him is Dr. Ben Carson. I really don't like Trump that much and it seems like some conservatives follow him blindly and worship him. He seems way too extreme for me. I once saw Dr. Carson speak at an American Conservatives event in my city and I really like him a lot, but my go-to guy is still Ted Cruz. Hell, if it comes down to between Trump and Carly Fiorina, then Fiorina all the way

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm

And besides, some of the stuff he talks about can be wrong sometimes, just like this comment on vaccines...

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

Although Trump didn't directly insult autistics in the GOP debate, I want to point out that he did infer that there is something wrong with being autistic. He gave an example of a "beautiful little child" who received a vaccine, then, one week later, had a fever and emerged "autistic." By phrasing it that way, he implied that the opposite state of being a beautiful little child is being autistic. Can't autistic people also be children, and beautiful?

I'm going to go further with this and say that it implies that being autistic is a state in which things like beauty and childhood don't matter. The autism erases anything else the person is. Because a person so disturbed by discernible autism doesn't SEE age or beauty.

Again, this might be going too far, but aside from the obvious incorrectness of the vaccine statement, the carelessness of his phrasing struck me.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is something about why the original link between vaccines and autism was a fraud. There have been many studies since then showing no links.

And I agree with Alex. I wouldn't count on him withdrawing. I think he's on this pony to see how far it goes. He could very possibly be President Biff Tannen- uh I mean Trump.

ASPickle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

HisShadowX wrote:
I support Trump he is the only one talking about Autism right now. He did not come out an attack autistics and we do need help and support.

You do realize that through his phrasing and his usage of "Autism Epidemic," he essentially said Autistics are lesser people, right?

ASPickle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2015, 11:58 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
I think he's on this pony to see how far it goes. He could very possibly be President Biff Tannen- uh I mean Trump.

After you posted that dual image of Biff/Trump, I can't un-see this comparison. :lol:

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 3:02 pm

ASPickle wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
I think he's on this pony to see how far it goes. He could very possibly be President Biff Tannen- uh I mean Trump.

After you posted that dual image of Biff/Trump, I can't un-see this comparison. :lol:

When I first saw a Biff/Trump meme I snorted cereal out of my nose.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
ASPickle wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:

When I first saw a Biff/Trump meme I snorted cereal out of my nose.

Same here, as it was combined with Bernie/Doc as well. For me, it was coffee that I snorted out of my nose.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm

Murica! Watching an American election is like watching a freak show that is funny but at the same time really sad because of the real world global horrific consequences.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:18 pm

HisShadowX wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
I suppose he's now lost all the autistic voters.

Not really. As someone who had an allergic reaction to a vaccine when I was three that damaged my hearing like any scientific study or studies we should not condemn anyone and their theories unless they are pushing an unproven theory on us.

What we needs is questions, questions and more questions with studies.

Just because a theory is unpopular doesn't mean the book should be shut.

I support Trump he is the only one talking about Autism right now. He did not come out an attack autistics and we do need help and support.

Actually no Bernie sanders has spoken about rights for the disabled and encourages people with disabilities to apply for jobs with his campain.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 8:59 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
HisShadowX wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
I suppose he's now lost all the autistic voters.

Not really. As someone who had an allergic reaction to a vaccine when I was three that damaged my hearing like any scientific study or studies we should not condemn anyone and their theories unless they are pushing an unproven theory on us.

What we needs is questions, questions and more questions with studies.

Just because a theory is unpopular doesn't mean the book should be shut.

Actually no Bernie sanders has spoken about rights for the disabled and encourages people with disabilities to apply for jobs with his campain.

I haven't been keeping up with Bernie lately, but when I last paid attention to him years ago he seemed to make sense. On the Republican side that guy Kaisich made sense. Unsurprisingly no one is talking about Kasich. If I think someone is sensible they usually aren't popular.

Lordalexander
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2015, 5:41 am

On the matter of Donald Trump; he is probably trying to sway religious conservative right wing rednecks into his electorate. A pole revealed that one thing Donald Trump voters had in common is that most believe obama is not born in the us and is an African muslim. Distrust of goverment and conspiracy theories are always present in American culture because of their history with "goverment". This distrust we see is really big in the right wing conservative redneck corner. Thats why donald trump is using the sentiment. Donald trump is a hidden democrat, even propagating for a single payers system years back. And i dont see the donald changing his views often. He will not win, but once he would be in the white house, the right-winged screaming will not be put into actual policy.... That was my analyses xd

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 8:57 am

Lordalexander wrote:
On the matter of Donald Trump; he is probably trying to sway religious conservative right wing rednecks into his electorate. A pole revealed that one thing Donald Trump voters had in common is that most believe obama is not born in the us and is an African muslim. Distrust of goverment and conspiracy theories are always present in American culture because of their history with "goverment". This distrust we see is really big in the right wing conservative redneck corner. Thats why donald trump is using the sentiment. Donald trump is a hidden democrat, even propagating for a single payers system years back. And i dont see the donald changing his views often. He will not win, but once he would be in the white house, the right-winged screaming will not be put into actual policy.... That was my analyses xd

He is looking for the knee slappers of America.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 8:14 pm

It is a well-known fact that most politicians are stupid.

However, Trump takes it to a whole other level with his omniscience. If you don't have a damn clue what you are talking about, it is better to not make any comments than to loose reputation with a controversial and ignorant comment.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 10:49 am

That's the thing- he's not even trying to be accurate. Most people also don't have a clue, so they just slap their knee and are like, "Ain't that the truth!" The other ones are speaking carefully because they don't want to get caught in something, so it makes them appear untrustworthy. MORE untrustworthy than a boldface liar!

All the country's problems could be sorted out in a couple of years if anyone tried. But the things that are problems to us regular people are not problems to the few powerful people up on top, so there's no point in them solving them. It's ridiculous for us to expect them to really be working on them.