Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 4:53 pm

Seems many of them think that if you are an adult who likes toys, G rated movies, or reading in a park by yourself, you must be a pedophile. I have a hypotheses as to why. NTs who are pedophiles (and its pretty much an NT only thing. I challenge you to find even one case of a convicted child molester who was a diagnosed Autistic) these things are used as lures to catch their victims.

FutureIsAS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2017, 5:38 pm

I've always felt the same way about pedophiles and other similar offenders (such as mafia lords, drug dealers, spousal abusers, etc.), at least insofar as that they play the vigilante to make themselves look innocent. I doubt there are any autistic pedophiles in the sense of the ones that go the whole 9 yards with lures, acts of vigilantism and the like. However, I do know there are many autistic sexual offenders, though it usually has to do with NT culture, such as inability to understand consent and pro-social behaviors, rather than actually malicious acts.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 4:05 am

drwho222 wrote:
Seems many of them think that if you are an adult who likes toys, G rated movies, or reading in a park by yourself, you must be a pedophile.

hmmm or comi-con fan

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 9:30 pm

drwho222 wrote:
Seems many of them think that if you are an adult who likes toys, G rated movies, or reading in a park by yourself, you must be a pedophile. I have a hypotheses as to why. NTs who are pedophiles (and its pretty much an NT only thing. I challenge you to find even one case of a convicted child molester who was a diagnosed Autistic) these things are used as lures to catch their victims.

That's the dumbest thing ever. I have never known any NT that had said it but whoever thinks that way is an idiot and my second boyfriend was an idiot because he thought that. It took me years to realize he was projecting and that was what he probably thought himself so he assumed others thought that way and he was doing it as a subtle way to put me down but it backfired. I even told him whoever thinks it is an idiot. So he has been the only one I have known. If anyone thinks it, they must think it themselves or why else would they think of something so stupid.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

League_Girl wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

That's the dumbest thing ever. I have never known any NT that had said it but whoever thinks that way is an idiot and my second boyfriend was an idiot because he thought that. It took me years to realize he was projecting and that was what he probably thought himself so he assumed others thought that way and he was doing it as a subtle way to put me down but it backfired. I even told him whoever thinks it is an idiot. So he has been the only one I have known. If anyone thinks it, they must think it themselves or why else would they think of something so stupid.

What
The
Hell

(to the OP, not League_Girl)

As an NT, I know boat loads of adults who are Disney fans. I never once thought "kiddie toucher". Went into G rate movies alone, sat surrounded by parents and kids, I never got the parental vibe of "What the hell are you doing here?"

I sit at the little playground at my condo complex and sketch the trees or birds. Sometimes I tool around on my mobile phone. Parents and kids are everywhere. Once in a while someone asks to see what I am drawing, and we have a lovely chat.

Granted, I guess I don't ping anyone's weirdo-dar. I'm also female, maybe that scales back the crazy a notch.

I would never go up to anyone's child (unless the child is seriously injured. I have medical training) just to chit chat alone. I never give anything to a child without clearing it first with a parent. I know the social rules about being around kids I don't know.

As parent, I'd be much more worried about the over friendly coach or teacher, than random stranger reading a book to him/herself. Pedophiles usually groom their victims, and the victims know the abuser.

There are probably more pedophiles cat fishing on Minecraft servers, Instagram and Snapchat, than watching a G rated movie in a theatre.

I just asked my NT sister if sitting in a park reading a book or liking G rated movies makes a person a pedophile. She asked me, "What is wrong with you? Seriously!."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

Tawaki wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

What
The
Hell

(to the OP, not League_Girl)

As an NT, I know boat loads of adults who are Disney fans. I never once thought "kiddie toucher". Went into G rate movies alone, sat surrounded by parents and kids, I never got the parental vibe of "What the hell are you doing here?"

I sit at the little playground at my condo complex and sketch the trees or birds. Sometimes I tool around on my mobile phone. Parents and kids are everywhere. Once in a while someone asks to see what I am drawing, and we have a lovely chat.

Granted, I guess I don't ping anyone's weirdo-dar. I'm also female, maybe that scales back the crazy a notch.

I would never go up to anyone's child (unless the child is seriously injured. I have medical training) just to chit chat alone. I never give anything to a child without clearing it first with a parent. I know the social rules about being around kids I don't know.

As parent, I'd be much more worried about the over friendly coach or teacher, than random stranger reading a book to him/herself. Pedophiles usually groom their victims, and the victims know the abuser.

There are probably more pedophiles cat fishing on Minecraft servers, Instagram and Snapchat, than watching a G rated movie in a theatre.

I just asked my NT sister if sitting in a park reading a book or liking G rated movies makes a person a pedophile. She asked me, "What is wrong with you? Seriously!."

I'm guessing the OT is profiling males.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

I sat in the park reading a book, and nobody made an issue of it. Its not so much being near children, its being shifty or furtive near children. Sets peoples radar off.

The thing that irritates me is the way nt people get tatoos, piercings, clothes all to look different, when what they really want to look like is everybody else. They don't really like people who actually are different, its bulshit.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 4:59 pm

the fact that you readily and easily make that association probably says more about you, than the complete strangers upon whom you project these thoughts

FutureIsAS wrote:
....though it usually has to do with NT culture, such as inability to understand consent and pro-social behaviors

sounds pretty autistic to me also. autistics being more likely to understand consent is a new claim.

regardless of which group shows it more, it doesn't excuse "malicious acts"

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

^^^ you beat me to it...whilst understandable, NT bashing on here gets a bit wearing...and then a thread like THIS appears!

"The thing that irritates me is the way nt people get tatoos, piercings, clothes all to look different, when what they really want to look like is everybody else. They don't really like people who actually are different, its bulshit."

they're expressing their individuality, something that happens across the board, NT or ND.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Okay fair point it has nothing to do with where they stand on the spectrum. It's more a crowd mentality herd thing.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:04 pm

Sort of like how they think I'm a slut for wearing sexy clothes when really, I just think they make me look nice, but I am not trying to be sexual.

Also sort of like how they think that my curiosity about certain people is creepiness and potential stalking, when really it's that I don't know how to be friends with those people and so I just watch them from afar.