No, vaccines aren't behind the rise in autism (Huffington...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 11:34 am

No, vaccines aren't behind the rise in autism (HuffingtonPost)

I have hesitated to wade into this acrimonious public debate. Yet my family has gotten forwarded HuffPo columns that hype the supposed link between vaccines and autism. As a public health researcher and as a caregiver, I take umbrage.

I should say at the outset that I have never in any way taken a dime from a vaccine manufacturer.I should also that I accept the need to closely regulate the vaccine industry. Four million children are born in America every year. Most greatly benefit from vaccination. There are a small number of real tragedies in which some vaccine harms specific children.

Sensible regulation isn't easy. Vaccine epidemiology is an imperfect science, and policymakers must consider both the risks and benefits of these products. Autism spectrum disorders are especially mysterious, varied, and frightening. It is not clear that the incidence of these disorders is rising. Whatever the trend, these conditions merit a determined, disciplined, and sustained public health response to help individuals and families who suffer because of these conditions.

more...

- Emerson

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 11:51 am

That is the weakest link topic

Let us end this ridiculous notion once and for all, and stop beating this dead roast of BS. :roll: annoying. The perpetrators of this myth should be tortured with their own device! :twisted: The box says shut up.

Thanks, MrMark, for posting this article.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Mar 2008, 12:01 pm

that guy's right. It is a faux debate. There is absolutely no scientific evidence of a link between vaccines and autism. Those who perpetuate the idea of a link seem to base their arguments on personal and first hand accounts which have absolutely no scientific validity.