Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2017, 2:49 pm

Hit the 85 miles Mark.

Man do I feel good! 100 miles here I come!

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 4:30 pm

Aspertastic424 wrote:
Hit the 85 miles Mark.

Man do I feel good! 100 miles here I come!

85 miles is fantastic, well done. :)

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

Oh I'm jealous of all you people in warmer climates. Its rarely good enough weather outside in Britain to make running at all enjoyable, either far far to hot, it freezing or damp (or some combination of them). I'd like to run perhaps weekly...Maybe some time in the future? My mile walk to and from sixth form each weekday should do me for now though.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm

^ Try a gym.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 9:54 pm

LjSpike wrote:
Oh I'm jealous of all you people in warmer climates. Its rarely good enough weather outside in Britain to make running at all enjoyable, either far far to hot, it freezing or damp (or some combination of them). I'd like to run perhaps weekly...Maybe some time in the future? My mile walk to and from sixth form each weekday should do me for now though.

Ah British weather, bane of all runners, lol. It could be worse though - I imagine runners in Scotland and parts of Wales have worse to contend with. I used to run outside regularly but eventually stopped due to the local, male population apparently not being able to resist the urge to scream obscenities at a lone woman exercising outdoors. Welcome to Essex! Additionally black ice in the winter is near-invisible and extremely dangerous under the wrong circumstances. :/

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2017, 5:28 am

crystaltermination wrote:
LjSpike wrote:

Ah British weather, bane of all runners, lol. It could be worse though - I imagine runners in Scotland and parts of Wales have worse to contend with. I used to run outside regularly but eventually stopped due to the local, male population apparently not being able to resist the urge to scream obscenities at a lone woman exercising outdoors. Welcome to Essex! Additionally black ice in the winter is near-invisible and extremely dangerous under the wrong circumstances. :/

Mhm, the bane of all of us, black ice. The entrance to my school is about a 20 or 25 degree slope downhill (and coming out of school, is equally tricky, a hell of a hill climb). I managed to fall on my bum and slide a couple of metres one winter, rather embarrassing. I could never use a gym though, it'd just be such an awkward situation, and I don't think I'd get the full effect from just running in a gym, as you wouldn't really be seeing the outdoors or getting the fresh air (well, fresh in comparison to the indoors of a sweaty gym at least), and I bet those two are a big factor to the benefits of running.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jan 2017, 5:39 am

Just the opposite here: too hot to run after about 8 a m!

Our temperatures often exceed 30 C here and then a siesta is a better option...

But overall it's probably better than black ice.

I helped to marshall at our 5 km and 10 km race this morning - don't have to socialize much for that - just hold my flag!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The 100 mile mark has been reached!

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 2:16 am

Very good! It gets addictive doesn't it?

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2017, 8:35 pm

DancingCorpse wrote:
I have a hard time going outside due to agoraphobia

Same here. I haven't been out running since last June. I'd like to go out soon when it warms up here, but unfortunately my agoraphobia is getting worse as time goes on.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 11:16 pm

justin_havu wrote:
DancingCorpse wrote:
I have a hard time going outside due to agoraphobia

Same here. I haven't been out running since last June. I'd like to go out soon when it warms up here, but unfortunately my agoraphobia is getting worse as time goes on.

I have something similar. I just dislike running into people I know.