Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 9:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Magna wrote:
Joe90: Other than you being embarrassed, what would happen if you started farting in front of your boyfriend when you have to?

I haven't farted in front of him. Well, he said he's never heard me fart, and even if he did he probably doesn't really think about it too much and forgets. But even so, I still don't want to do it deliberately in front of him.

I'm just private about it. I know everyone farts but there's a time and a place when it comes to farting, which is why it's very rare to hear or smell farts in public places (where I live anyway). Literally, if you do fart in public everyone will stare at you, some looking disgusted while others laughing.
I remember one time I was at a cinema, and I was sitting near the back, and these girls were in the row in front of me. One of them kept farting, and each time she did everyone in front got distracted away from the movie to turn around and look.

So no wonder a lot of people are too afraid to fart in public.

It's a social taboo for people to fart in public in the U.S. as well. It's extremely rare to hear someone audibly fart in public. Maybe there are cultures where people just let loose in any situation, but not here.

That said, I would venture to say that in the privacy of one's own home, people generally pass gas when they have to. Most people would think that having to uncomfortably suppress the bodily function even in their own home would be uncomfortably restrictive.

This is only my opinion but based on experience from a previous relationship: I think relationships can have a window at and near the beginning of the relationship where if farting occurs and both people accept it as normal, then it's never viewed as abnormal from that point forward. If a relationship goes beyond that "window" and neither person passes gas, the thought of doing so becomes more awkward and embarrassing.

For years I've said that if I ever had a daughter, as her father I'd advise her in a new relationship with someone she felt very strongly about that she should fart in front of him. If he's offended by that and alters his feelings for her because of it, he most certainly wouldn't be a quality person to be a mate.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 5:04 am

As others have mentioned, avoid gas inducing foods and drinks like soda and booze. Alcoholic beverages can generate a lot of gas. I would also advise wearing disposable adult incontinence undies, at least when you are going to be away from easy access to bathroom facilities. The best style of disposable adult undies are the pull on ones. They are for both urine and poop. Once they are messed up you just throw them away in the garbage, and pull on a fresh pair. Try to dump any poop into the toilet before throwing away the undie first tho. Disposable incontinence undies have padding in them that traps a lot of the urine in them, and they have an anti-odor substance in them, which helps with both urine and poop odors.

I have both bladder and IBS issues, so I have to wear them, and always bring along at least one spare when out running errands. Fortunately, most of the time my problem is with my bladder, not my bowels, as that's easier to deal with.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 11:09 am

I have to be very careful these days. Passing gas can have an embarrassing consequence.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 12:37 am

i remember reading about some poor gal who was so embarrassed by stopping up her BF's toilet, that she tried to flee the "scene of the crime" by climbing out his upper-story bathroom window and getting trapped on a ledge. talk about mortifying! :oops: