Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2010, 4:15 pm

My current doctors surgery has a large two-line LED matrix display in the waiting room, which connects to come kind of computer system by an ethernet cable.

It repeatedly displays information about the place, e.g. how to register, why you should be patient in the reception area, why you should not request a home visit etc, until it it your turn to enter the doctors room, when it will go 'BEEEEEEP' and display 'Mr Steve30 for Dr Xyz'

My old practice used to just have the much simpler method and say over a tanoy 'Mr Steve30 to Room 2 please".

Everywhere else, the person who you are seeing will usually just come into the waiting area and ask for you personally.

Am I the only person who is really put off by the LED display approach? As far as I am aware, lots of GP Surgeries use this, which is a slight problem for me as I am trying to find a new GP at the moment. There is another local one whose reception area appears to have an LED display, but the reception area does look quite a bit more pleasant than the current one.