Never drinking crystal light again!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:29 am

I've always struggled with my weight, but the past few weeks it went way out of control. I shot up fifteen lbs, and the scale kept inching higher. I thought it might be stress or not getting enough sleep (which I wasn't). I was also sluggish at the gym, and felt mentally foggy and sad. Then it occurred to me how much of that low-cal raspberry tea I was drinking. I stopped drinking, and waited to see what happened. Sure enough my appetite was completely normal again, I felt sharp and relaxed, I can sleep at night, my sex drive came roaring back ( :)) , and to my relief, the numbers on the scale are going down!

Phew! Never drinking that again. No more diet soda either!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:19 am

thats why I dont drink "light" or diet products. The sugar substitutes often times have even worse affects than the normal sugar.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 2:15 pm

Aspartame especially will kill you dead. No joke. And it's horrible too-you lose your vision, then your brain goes all foggy and you retreat into dementia. Alex Jones has hypothesized that Glenn Beck's vision loss and brain fog (which Beck has admitted to on air) is the result of Beck living on Diet Coke, which is full of aspartame. A lot of diet tea has NutraSweet in it, which is aspartame. Crystal Light made me deathly ill when I tried it, ages ago.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 4:41 pm

aspartame makes me feel nauseous. The only artificial sweeteners I willingly take are acesulfame K and sucralose.

aspartame metabolizes into methanol and formaldehyde in the human body.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2010, 9:09 pm

I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. That's why I don't buy soda from the school vending machines, they're all diet.