Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PlanarFracture
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2018, 6:53 pm

I've been vegan for over half a year at this stage. Great change, feel better for it. The first few weeks of veganism were ugly, though. For anyone considering the change: the beginning stage does not involve much glamorous frolicking through fields of flowers filled with the light of purity. :wink: Prepare for toilet trouble and gas. It does pass however, and thank god for that.
As time has gone by, I have become stricter in terms of what defines me as a vegan as well. It started with the food I was eating but hasn't stopped there as animal cruelty indeed does not stop with the food we consume. Threw out/donated/gave away my favourite boots, my bag... all my makeup... expensive perfumes... tonnes of things. Felt like a great loss at the time, but after a few months absence I realised I missed none of it. The value I attached to these old gifts and purchases turned out to be a vapid, spindly thing. Veganism has taught me so far to break away from the fake, consumerist delusion that, women especially, need a million products containing a million ingredients in order to 'be' healthy.