What’s the most weight you’ve lost?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 12:57 pm

I’m 50+ pounds down from my highest weight. I still want to lose more, but my current weight isn’t that bad. I’m not obese, and I look smaller than I am due to exercise.

For those of you who have lost weight, what keeps you, personally, on track?

Some key things that have helped me is to avoid extreme diets, eat at a modest calorie deficit to avoid bingeing, work treats into my daily calories (a girl needs chocolate! :P ), and not let one splurge day become a splurge month (I continually need to remind myself of this).

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2019, 1:22 pm

20 pounds at 11 years old. I also grew two inches. I went from 4’11 and 135 pounds to 5’1 and 115 pounds. I didn’t do anything; sometimes chubby kids lose weight when they become teenagers.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 1:29 pm

I lost 120 pounds around 6 years ago with bariatric surgery called RNY gastric bypass surgery. Most of the weight came off in 8 months time. For the most part I have managed to maintain this weight loss for 6 years now. Here is a before and after picture at the 6 month mark.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 3:33 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I lost 120 pounds around 6 years ago with bariatric surgery called RNY gastric bypass surgery. Most of the weight came off in 8 months time. For the most part I have managed to maintain this weight loss for 6 years now. Here is a before and after picture at the 6 month mark.

Wow!

Did you feel an improvement in your energy level and health in general after losing that much weight?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 3:59 pm

I once lost about 125 pounds of ugly, disgusting fat...

:wink: ... but she got the house, the car, and physical custody of the kids.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 4:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
I once lost about 125 pounds of ugly, disgusting fat...:wink: ... but she got the house, the car, and physical custody of the kids.

That’s some weight loss!

Come to think of it, I’ve lost about 200 pounds of awfulness. Thankfully, he doesn’t want custody, so I haven’t had to worry about that too much.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Wow!
Did you feel an improvement in your energy level and health in general after losing that much weight?

I had developed a number of comorbities prior to surgery due to being obese. These included high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, GERD, asthma to name a few. All of these conditions went into remission after the surgery. Two days after surgery when I left the hospital my diabetes was gone. I was taking 2 prescription medicines for that condition. Within a couple weeks after surgery I stopped taking medicine for high blood pressure. The Asthma took about a couple years before that went into remission. So now I am off all my prescription meds. I periodically check but those conditions have now been in remission for 6 years now.

I do not know if I would call it "more energy". After all I am 70. Maybe more endurance, the ability to work hard.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 8:58 am

Went from 135 to 120 pound in three months

Kept it off ten years

Five foot three

Woman

24 years old

:mrgreen:

Gained 15 pounds in one quarter

Age 20, flunked structural engineering, homophobia, eviction, autism diagnosis, UCSD

Three week, gained eight pounds. Age 13. Pyuberty. sAT, bullying.

Sooner or later, I will gain a lot of weight

Indulgent

Addictive personality

Impulsive

Impulsive versus spontaneous

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2019, 12:31 am

I went to a very hilly campus my freshman year of college and lost 40 pounds in a couple months. I had weighed over 200 when I started.

I'm in the low 130's now.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 1:22 am

16 kg in less than a year. I was underweight. Stayed like that for a couple of years.
Then I gained 28 kg in 2 years and became overweight.

languagehopper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2019, 4:46 pm

I lost over a hundred pounds over the course of about a year by giving up processed food and white carbs and using intermittent fasting. I have been a healthy weight for over a year now. The improvements in energy and reduction of pain and inflammation and the retreat of my anxiety and asthma happened well before the weightloss so I was well motivated to keep up the healthy eating afterwards. I feel as if I have flu if I eat processed food, aching and fatigued and anxious. Life is so much better without cake and pasta and bread. I am vegetarian too so I eat mostly vegetables, fruits and nuts.

Last edited by languagehopper on 19 Jun 2019, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 4:59 pm

It's a slightly odd question - how much weight, but in what space of time? I've lost countless tons since I was born, as we all have.

At any rate, I'm more interested in putting it on.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2019, 7:04 pm

I once lost around 30 pounds, but then it turned out I was anorexic :( . Now I'm borderline overweight, and am trying to lose weight healthily (that is, everything in moderation, no extreme restriction, daily exercise). Hopefully all goes well. I'm not looking to be underweight, just healthy.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:45 pm

Most I have ever weighed was in the 170's by 13 years of age. Totally had gained 30 lbs in 1998. The lowest I have ever weighed as an adult is 116 lbs. I am at 121 now and I have bones showing and I am fine at this size. I probably have gained muscle and have a two pack. I am limiting junk food again since it's high in calorie for serving size. I think that is where I get most of my calories from. I just love sweets and real food doesn't interest me much so I eat little. I cheat to maintain my size by eating junk food because of calories. I used to eat more which was why I was overweight. Plus I got less active. Now I work out to be active so I can eat more and not gain. I dont even weigh myself. I just look at my bones and measure myself and go with how my jeans fit.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.