Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 10:15 am

Do you have any specific fitness goals?

I know that a lot of us want to lose weight, but sometimes it’s fun to focus on other aspects of fitness that we want to grow in.

There are a couple of yoga poses that I really want to be able to do. I know that yoga is about the journey and not the destination, but I’m allowing myself to work towards a couple challenging asanas for the sheer fun and freedom of it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 11:48 am

A 25 inch waistline and being able to do splits.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 12:23 pm

BTDT wrote:
A 25 inch waistline and being able to do splits.

I want to be able to do splits, too. I’m really close!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 May 2019, 11:19 pm

Lower my bad cholesterol & blood sugar, quit binge-eating, & gain a little more strength & stamina on top of losing weight

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 10:19 pm

Besides losing weight? Stopping or reversing my arthritis and preventing other health problems. Having more strength and stamina. Being comfortable in my body (something I’ve never felt, thanks to my dyspraxia and my complicated relationship with food).

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2019, 8:40 pm

I want to get down to 120 pounds, be able to curl a 50 pound dumb bell, and bench press twice my weight.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jul 2019, 11:24 am

Just from healing my gut and my chronic conditions I’ve lost 22 pounds so I’m happy with my current weight.

My new goal is to rebalance my body. I had an atlas subluxation for at leat 5 years, but likely in a milder form for my whole life. It put my body out of alignment and my joints and muscles compensated. Now that my body is symmetrical again I can feel my joints need to readjust and my muscles too are quite imbalanced. I don’t have a full plan yet, but it will involve yoga and maybe some resisitance training and some massage balls. I’m so thankful to have my energy back to actually be able to do more strenuous workouts again.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 11:35 am

Great to hear you have your energy back!

Still working on splits but my waistline is now below 25 inches.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jul 2019, 5:02 pm

Thanks. Yeah my mom developed fibromyalgia when she was my age and it’s been a long, slow, painful decline in her health ever since. I started collecting autoimmune diagnoses and could feel the FM starting in my body and it became my special interest to fix myself. I just refused to accept that path for myself. Being active is so much a part of how I regulate myself I couldn’t imagine my life if I had to stop exercising because of pain. Sometimes our stubbornness and focus can pay off.