Page 20 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yeah- I wish my mind would hold on to more pleasant thoughts and memories, but that's not how it works :wink: . Don't worry Ferris- you're still special even if you don't have SFD :lol: .

That's good- I hope the visit goes well and you don't have to be anxious. What do you mean by ill? Are you okay?

I hope you can work around the anxiety :D .

I've already flipped out today internally over a series of mistakes , thoughts & anxieties while I was out , it's better now I'm back home. :D

By ill I mean the collective name for all my issues , nothing that I haven't mentioned here :lol:

I'm glad it's better :D . Here's the best advice we give each other: don't worry :lol: !

Thank goodness, I thought you were sick or something like that!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm

What happens every time I Google :roll: ^^^^^^

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm

248RPA, that's funny. I'm glad you posted it.

StampySquiddyFan, I don't know if you actually want to do this yet, but since you're already waking up at school time, maybe you want to start working toward that schedule at this point. If not, then you might finally adjust to a later wakeup, only to start school and once again be exhausted. Either way, I know it really sucks.

Sometimes if I'm really anxious, and there's no way I'm going to fall asleep, then I get up for a little while. Maybe even stay up for an hour or two, on purpose, so I'll get better sleep when I finally do feel tired. Since I had the time, I did that this morning and felt better than if I had tossed and turned.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:25 pm

DataB4 wrote:

StampySquiddyFan, I don't know if you actually want to do this yet, but since you're already waking up at school time, maybe you want to start working toward that schedule at this point. If not, then you might finally adjust to a later wakeup, only to start school and once again be exhausted. Either way, I know it really sucks.

Sometimes if I'm really anxious, and there's no way I'm going to fall asleep, then I get up for a little while. Maybe even stay up for an hour or two, on purpose, so I'll get better sleep when I finally do feel tired. Since I had the time, I did that this morning and felt better than if I had tossed and turned.

Yeah- I'm going to a camp this week and I have to get up at school time anyway :D . Thank you for the advice, though. I'm going to be even more exhausted when school starts (I have to get up earlier than that to go to orchestra for an hour farther into the year).

Tossing and turning is the worst thing lol! It just makes me more anxious because then I'm stuck with my thoughts (and no distractions) for hours. Thank you for all the support :D !

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:34 pm

^Yes, tossing and turning is the worst feeling! If I have to get up early, then I get even more anxious about the trying day I'll have if I don't fall asleep damnit. I try for feelings of calm acceptance, like, I'll get through the day, this is my time to rest, phrases like that. But I often don't feel better. If I'm really wide awake and not too lazy, I'll get up and do some stretches or yoga until I feel calmer. That doesn't always work but it has the advantage of giving me a sense of control over my situation.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm

That always happens! I get so anxious about being tired the next day and not getting enough sleep that I just can't fall back asleep. I'm going to try stretching next time this happens- hopefully it will get rid of some of the anxious thoughts by distracting me :D .

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:45 pm

As far back as I can remember, I've always craved more sleep than everyone else seems to. I've realized though that it's not necessarily more sleep I need. It's more quality sleep and less of that light, anxious sleep. Antidepressants have helped at different stages of my life, but they haven't been the perfect solution either because they also make me drowsy.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm

Yeah- when I was little, my mom couldn't even shut a drawer with the door closed in another room because I would wake up. I'm a pretty light sleeper and always have been. I've never been on antidepressants or other SSRI's, but it seems like there is a lot of bad side effects.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:56 pm

DataB4 wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm

I enjoyed the story as well. It's a description of myself :lol: !

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:04 pm

Well, there are tradeoffs. Antidepressants are a good solution for many people, especially if starting at very low doses and slowly working up as tolerated. Everyone's different, and also, people have different reactions to the same medication at different ages.

I got very annoyed with a psychiatrist when I was around 13 though. I was just starting to try medications, and we tried two in a row that actually made me more anxious. I said I couldn't function like this, but the psychiatrist said I should keep taking the medication anyway, that somehow the side effects would go away. They were bad enough that I refused and had to try something else.

I felt my psychiatrist was being cold and dismissive. He's the one that diagnosed me with OCD by the way, although I've since had that diagnosis questioned. Since there's no question I've had obsessions and compulsions though, the OCD label he gave me has helped me to find solutions and people who understand.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

Ugggg. I've had psychiatrists like that before. They're the kind that don't listen to their patients no matter what they say. I haven't had that great of an experience with psychologists until now.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

I am rather envious of my GF as she has the ability to fall alseep in 10 minutes or less , I asked her secret and she said she just listens & concentrates on her breathing , I tried it and it's rubbish and doesn't work :lol: but just thought I'd share as it might work for someone else.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Last edited by SaveFerris on 20 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

Haha I wish I could do that! I'll try concentrating on my breathing, but night is when my thoughts run wild, so I don't think I'm falling asleep any faster tonight :lol: .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

Maybe you need to having really boring sounding breathing for this to work :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

Haha :lol: . It won't work- my breathing is too exciting!

This is my 2,000th post 8O :D