Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2011, 11:05 pm

Ive been on adderall on and off for years now. I was origanally prescribed it for adhd symptoms, but found it helped with my sleepyness. It worked great at first but now it doesnt treat my adhd symptoms at all. im immune except it keeps be awake. not only that its making me lose my mind. my mood changes rapidly. Im having violent outbursts of rage. cant sit still. seeing things out the corner of my eyes, sometimes i feel paranoid, and sometimes i cant think at all. yet if i stop taking it i withdrawl and can hardly move im so tired. i found out recently my drowsyness is caused by sleep apnea and i may have narcolepsy as well (they will look into if the narcolpsy symptoms presist or not when i get a cpap machine in a few weeks.) When I get the CPAP i can stop the adderall. I was prescribed provigil last year to get off adderall but my insureance wont cover it. i bought some its 28$ a pill. no side effects and worked great but dshs wants me to take amphetamine pills or nothing. What do you do when you have a sleep disorder and a psychotic disorder? theres alternatives but dshs insureance dont cover them. horrible medical treatment. i feel like s#!t. I cant go to the hospital because theres nothing theyll do and they wont take me seriously. I need advise to get out of the adderall now without becoming a vegatable. Provigil or a CPAP machine would work but i am tired of waiting and losing my mind more each day.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 12:57 am

I cant take stimulants at all anymore...

I've been on ritalin at 120mg a day...which is quite a lot.

Dexedrine been on 40-50mg

Only 30mg Adderall though.

They make me go insane.....since being on all of those and now off. Even small stimulants can leave me semi psychotic.
A cup of coffee for instance can have me hearing/seeing small things usually at night.

Adderall would keep me up all night in a panic thinking things were after me, and researching crazy conspiracy theories. Some of which still stick with me and haunt me. Since doing the adderall/dexedrine I am paranoid of many numbers, they seem to follow me and I hate them. Though i have always been superstitious about numbers it has taken this to a whole nother level.
I would stay up researching, til about 4-5 am and then sleep from 5-7 or 8.

For about a month my decisions were based on a flip of a coin. What ever the options were (always 2 in my mind) I would flip a coin and heads means do it, tails means don't. Which lead to some ok decisions and other times bad decisions.

When I would try and quit the adderal I would be drained and zapped for energy. Very difficult to do little other than sit on the computer.

I do see how they can help people, when they work they work. But I hate the crazy states they put me in and after many times quiting because I do get a lot more things done I have hopefully quit for good though I do at times think about going back on medications because there is a lot of pressure on me to perform and be succesful as my brothers and dad.

I am soon to be trying natural remedies to help...very tired of the lack of success when using pharms.

I have found
activite (multivitamin-specifically this one has helped though at 1/2 to 1/4 the recomended dose)
and omega 3 also helps.
And I drink tea, not coffee because it can send me into paranoia, anger, and schizo type stuff.

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2011, 12:19 pm

Adderall is bad stuff. I work with someone who does lots of pills, and says that Adderall is basically legal speed. I have a (I consider her former) friend who has been on it since she started school, and she's gone totally nuts. I believe it has more to do with a midlife crisis than Adderall itself but the med certainly isn't helping her, she's up all night and she's pretty much turned away from her family.

I would avoid this med if possible. There has to be something else more affordable that can treat your symptoms.

Check out my IMDB page!

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm

Daryl_Blonder wrote:
Adderall is bad stuff. I work with someone who does lots of pills, and says that Adderall is basically legal speed. I have a (I consider her former) friend who has been on it since she started school, and she's gone totally nuts. I believe it has more to do with a midlife crisis than Adderall itself but the med certainly isn't helping her, she's up all night and she's pretty much turned away from her family.

I would avoid this med if possible. There has to be something else more affordable that can treat your symptoms.

Check out my IMDB page!

Ya it is just legal speed...amphetamines, dexedrine is modified speed and adderall is more similar to the street drug.

Adderall has more effect on noripinephrine than dexedrine.
Dexedrine has more effect on dopamine and much less effect on noripinephrine.

OP...you might consider switching to Dexedrine as I find it can be a lot calmer. But you may get the same side effects, as I eventually did (though not in the beginning)

They actually have methamphetamine (meth for short.....though on the street it is typically in crystaline form and smoked)
in a pill...though many argue methamphetamine orally is a lot safer then speed orally. But because of the stigma associated with crystal meth, the pill form is largely ousted from the medical community.

Same goes for heroine.....a doctor COULD legally prescribe an oral dose of heroine. But good luck finding a pharmacy that carries it.

However my thoughts on pain killers are totally different then from those on stimulants, i believe they are much less risky for the patient and should be prescribed more. But off topic...and not really related.

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2011, 5:47 pm

After being on it for about a year, I'm still not sure what to think. I think it has messed with my sleep patterns a bit, but other than that I can't say that it has either helped or hurt me all that much. They want me to take it, so I take it. Given the toxic waste site that is my body I figure another scrip isn't going to matter much.

One thing that's irritating as hell: It has become just about impossible to get the generic version* of Adderall XR, so I'm stuck taking three pills a day instead of one in the morning. NONE of the big chains around here (CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid[see below]) has it, and have all been pretty up front about saying they can't honestly say when they expect to have it in stock again.

Dunno if anybody else has run into this, I'm a bit curious if it is easily available elsewhere. The one rumor I heard is that the factory where they make it has been shut down, though the person who told me this had no idea why. (And since my source was a pharmacy peon, I can't exactly vouch for them.)

* - Rite Aid said they had a limited supply of the on-brand stuff, which my insurance won't pay for. Plus they said it was stuff they had in-stock and weren't honestly sure the last time they'd gotten a delivery.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

when I was on it my tabs were generic

and the capsules said Adderall XR on them....so I am assuming they were name brand.

which is surprising because usually all of my medications are generic.

I get my prescriptions from my insurance company though...is that not a possibility for you?

Least it seems to not make you go crazy...that's always a good thing.

Or maybe you're already crazy ha.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

I think it actually is dexedrine and not adderall i take. Their not capsuls. their tablets, and the bottle says d-amphetamine (generic for adderall) on it. I take 30mg/day. Their isnt a cheaper solution because these are cheap. There are several more expensive solutions though.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 9:33 pm

probably dextrostat by barr

does it have a b on it?

they also make a time released version (capsule) that was the same price for me.

I had way more side effects from the tablets then the capsules. (Could be the filler)

http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?actio ... e&start=10

if you wanna figure out exactly what they are.

I've never had name brand dextroamphetamine just barr generic.

And the supposed Adderall XR and generic adderall by barr in tablets.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 1:51 am

speed made me hot and sweaty. speed also made me angry and very impatient. it turned off my hydraulics which made me even more angry. it made me feel like somebody was flooring my gas pedal and the rest of me was struggling to stomp on the brake and keep the transmission in neutral, and when i put it into gear it was with a violent WHUMP!
strattera was MUCH better! my anger went away, replaced by a cool clarity of frontal lobe function. i felt quasi-NT for the very first time. but it gave me GERD, and i lost my health insurance so i had to go off it and go back to being scatterbrained. :roll:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

25 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

Generic Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) only work for three-and-a-half hours for me, so I take Concerta. Lasts 8-12 hours every day.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Generic Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) only work for three-and-a-half hours for me, so I take Concerta. Lasts 8-12 hours every day.

any wierd side effects on that? I've been thinking of trying that but I am afraid to because of adderall crazyness.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2011, 12:35 am

concerta was even worse for me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 3:00 am

concerta was the speed that almost made me crash. :o

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 11:38 am

ok probably no go on that then i guess. ><

i'll stick with vitamins and stuff.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

26 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

liveandletdie wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

any wierd side effects on that? I've been thinking of trying that but I am afraid to because of adderall crazyness.

If Adderall makes you go crazy, then perhaps Concerta wouldn't be any better for you. Both Adderall and Concerta have similar effects on the body, side-effect wise.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

well what i'd really like to try is focalin but my insurance doesn't cover it.

focalin is more on the dopamine side of things as compared to ritalin or concerta

like dexadrine is to adderall.