Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

Please, no-one has given me any helpful advice what to do or what it could be, please read. It happens to me when I answer maths questions and when I'm explaining concepts in relation to situations in science.

Copied and pasted but, oh well-

When I solve a problem, I tend to try to do everything at once.

Instead of re-organizing I rush in putting all of the information at once and I get confused.

Like a shape game, where you're meant to re-organize the shapes in the correct hole but instead I'm pushing all the shapes in one hole at once.

Is that considered an executive problem? Do you know how you would deal with that too?

And this is what it feels to me in my mind:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35816i0&s=6

Anyone help please?

I also make alot of silly mistakes.

Sometimes in English, instead of saying met I'll say bet and instead of saying me I'll say be o_0..

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Maybe you can copy and paste a few of your math problems here and say what your approach to solving them are. Someone, maybe me, maybe someone else, will come along and show you what you might be doing wrong.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

I had this same problem for many years. I know exactly what you mean, and it wasn't always with math problems. For me, it started to go away when I began to understand the world around me, specifically social interaction. Once I figured out how to compartmentalize different things into different categories instead of doing everything at once, the process made more sense, but my math skills got worse, heh. My theory is that I was doing it too fast because I was too good at it (or too used to it) and I had nothing else to move on to because it was my special interest.