Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:25 pm

What certain lifestyle habits can worsen behaviours such as agression and anxiety etc......?

WalkingTheDog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

That's a difficult question to answer. Is there a specific habit you are concerned about?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 5:59 pm

do u think lack of sleep can make agression worse?

i have been getting loads of sleep, eating healthy and been exercising loads outdoors recently and its not making a signifigant difference too how easily i get annoyed over small things.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

Drinking, drugging, gambling, and anything else that increases stress, definitely makes things worse. Getting more sleep, exercise, and eating healthier are a help, but it can take a while before the benefits are noticeable. Also, even with some improvement, we on the spectrum are always more easily aggravated and stressed than others.

I have health issues that interfere with sleep, and bad knees that keep me from exercising, and am a picky eater, who won't eat things I don't like, and don't like most healthy stuff. Even so, I have managed to make some positive changes in what I eat, and have gotten some real improvements from that. I have always had a very acid stomach. I finally almost completely eliminated greasy fried foods from my diet. I will still occasionally have something fried on the rare occasions when I eat out, but almost never fry stuff at home any more. On rare occasions I will buy frozen fries from the store, but will oven fry them. They are lightly greased at the factory to keep them from sticking together. This is enough to oven fry them without adding more grease. I switched from heavy, greasy butter to the healthier brands of margarines--no trans fats. I have made other similar changes gradually over the years, and occasionally try new foods, which I don't like to do. Some of the newbies have made it onto my regular grocery list, others were washouts, but at least I do try stuff sometimes. I even buy canned beans, which I hate, but can get down if I put BBQ sauce on them. They are cheap, healthy, easy to prepare, and can be kept on a pantry shelf until needed. And they don't take up fridge space until opened, so they are a good idea on hand. Unfortunately, I don't like them, but at least the BBQ sauce helps me keep them on the menu. Some of the benefits I have gotten from the changes I've made are an improved menu, calmer stomach (no longer pop several antacids a day--very rare to take any any more :D even with my taking some supplements that bother my stomach a little :D), and even the beans which I hate are easy on my stomach, although they do help me go a little to well. :lol: I also stopped drinking soda. The carbonation was giving me gas, and like the beans, making me go too well.

So, stay away from booze, drugs, greasy foods, soda, and anything else that causes too much stress, keep getting plenty of sleep and exercise, and after a while you too will notice an improvement, just don't expect miracles. :D

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

Even if i only drink once a week can that still have an impact?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Even if i only drink once a week can that still have an impact?

I don't really see what harm drinking on occasion would really do.......but drinking regularly could have negative effects on anxiety as it makes it harder to think clearly.