Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2019, 6:05 am

Quote:
Depression is a major cause of disability around the world, and if left untreated, can lead to substance abuse, anxiety and suicide.

Major depressive disorder is a particular form of the condition which affects many people, potentially causing loss of pleasure in activities that once used to bring joy. It can also lead to feelings of worthlessness, imbalances such as oversleeping or insomnia, and trigger thoughts of suicide. This is the condition we examined during our new study, which showed that living in a deprived area can lead to major depressive disorder in men, but not in women.

https://theconversation.com/depression- ... eas-127264

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2019, 4:16 pm

Interesting read, firemonkey. I'd definitely agree that as a female, most of my anxiety stems from that of relationship issues(when in a relationship). The men I've know who suffer from MDD tell me that likewise their anxiety/depression tends to stem from relationships rather than work, and that quite often it's an accumulation of a number of things piling up on top of them. I definitely feel alot more resilient, happier overall, cup half full, than many of the males around me. Both men and women seem to report feeling alot happier and certainly sleep better, once they've retired.