Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2016, 5:16 pm

I just woke up not that long ago a weird dream and my mum and sister. For some reason it just does not feel real. I feel detached from reality. Like I'm still in a dream. I had this weird feeling that my mum and sister or dog are not real or my food. My food does not taste as strong as usual. I think it is because of the dream. I don't know what is going on? Help me please I'm scared!

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 2:21 am

It will pass. Do something familiar. Engage in your normal activities. Focus in on the thing you really like. That should ground you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jan 2016, 4:54 pm

I felt like that sometimes when I was suffering from a psychotic depression. If your not too depressed in general, I would assume it's from the dream & like QuiversWhiskers said~ it will pass but it may not till you go back to bed & get up the next day.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm

I would sometimes get a feeling of "unreality" looking in a mirror. This happened when I was a teenager. Like, as I saw myself in the mirror, I got this feeling of "I'm real, I think i'm real...AM I real?" Kind of went back and forth for a bit. But then something happened to distract me--I forget what--but it was something normal and mundane. Brought a feeling of "this is real" back to me.

My sense of taste was not affected. But I would agree that I think you should distract yourself with something and hopefully it will pass.

Honestly I have never told anybody about this happening, before this. It was so many years ago and it was one of those things that i figured people would think was really weird. It makes me feel a little better to know i'm not the only one. I was not frightened by it, though...i hope your mind can soon rest easily.

and his pride won't let him
do things to make you think he's right."
-Ed Bruce

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2016, 9:11 pm

nick007 wrote:
I felt like that sometimes when I was suffering from a psychotic depression. If your not too depressed in general, I would assume it's from the dream & like QuiversWhiskers said~ it will pass but it may not till you go back to bed & get up the next day.

Yeah it got better when I went back to sleep!