Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

I don't know if this is normal, but while lying in bed, my eyes would automatically tear up and water, almost every night. I don't feel any sadness or any emotion - just the usual emptiness. I don't have a runny nose while having watery eyes. Does this still count as crying? Is this normal? I don't understand why but SSRIs seem to reduce this strange effect.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

That happens to me when I wake up--almost every morning. Just allergies, maybe?

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

Possibly dry-eyes, used to happen to me when I was really into a certain game, for a few minutes before sleeping.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

fiooo wrote:
I don't know if this is normal, but while lying in bed, my eyes would automatically tear up and water, almost every night. I don't feel any sadness or any emotion - just the usual emptiness. I don't have a runny nose while having watery eyes. Does this still count as crying? Is this normal? I don't understand why but SSRIs seem to reduce this strange effect.

I yawn quite frequently when I am trying to sleep, and yawning makes me tear up, so it looks like I cried myself to sleep every night.

AQ: 36

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

BottleCap wrote:
Possibly dry-eyes, used to happen to me when I was really into a certain game, for a few minutes before sleeping.

That might be it. I spend hours in front of books and computers. I was thinking it was a symptom of depression or something.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

Have you tried switching to a hypoallergenic pillow? You could be reacting to something. Not all allergies involve sneezing or swelling.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

happens to me too, I kinda like it though.

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
Have you tried switching to a hypoallergenic pillow? You could be reacting to something. Not all allergies involve sneezing or swelling.

I have slept on bare floor on jeans or clothing (not a pillow). The few times where I didn't was when I was taking a heavy dose of SSRIs or when I exercised a lot so that I am completely exhausted.

Xerkies
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2018, 1:54 am

BottleCap wrote:

I was playing Fortnite Battle Royale for a quarter day. I was trying to sleep but all I can imagine is playing Fortnite. :lol: