Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:52 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Welcome to WP , in answer to your question I haven't got a scooby

...what, if I may ask, is a scooby? : ) Does it translate to: 'I haven't the foggiest (idea)'?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:00 pm

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Welcome to WP , in answer to your question I haven't got a scooby

...what, if I may ask, is a scooby? : ) Does it translate to: 'I haven't the foggiest (idea)'?

Ha Ha , I really have to adjust what I write here as in IRL I use a lot of slang and colloquialisms.

It's rhyming slang

I haven't got a scooby
I haven't got a scooby doo
I haven't got a clue :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:04 pm

I would prefer you not adjust what you say ! :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:33 pm

Britte wrote:

OK I won't waste my lager by using my loaf taking a butchers at my rabbit anymore even if it's cobblers, treacle :wink:

( I don't really talk like this :lol: )

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

OK I won't waste my lager by using my loaf taking a butchers at my rabbit anymore even if it's cobblers, treacle :wink:

( I don't really talk like this :lol: )

You are funny, holy cow. :D I am still trying to make out what you've stated. Don't explain, though, as I want to try to figure it out, on my own. Hilarious. :lol:

Just as an aside. I have had an aversion to these yellow face emoji's, since I joined up, here. I sometimes find them disturbing, and they come off as so contrived, or, similar, and, I don't understand how they apply to peoples text, although, I clearly, understand how they apply to what you have written, as you always make logical sense to me, and they don't happen to bother me, when you use them. There is but, one other person, here who I understand when/how they apply. Otherwise, they mix me up.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

oh, gosh. I forgot we've been posting on Ubersensei's post. I wonder what he will think, upon his return. : ) Perhaps he will wish that he hadn't missed out on the fun. It has been a lot of fun for me. : )

It turns out that I cannot make sense of what you wrote. I know that lager is beer, but not sure what the context is, how the words in the sentence fit, together. So, I would be interested to know the meaning, if you would kindly, share. Thank you ! : ))

Last edited by Britte on 02 Aug 2017, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:58 pm

Quote:
Just as an aside. I have had an aversion to these yellow face emoji's, since I joined up, here. I sometimes find them disturbing, and they come off as so contrived, or, similar, and, I don't understand how they apply to peoples text, although, I clearly, understand how they apply to what you have written, as you always make logical sense to me, and they don't happen to bother me, when you use them. There is but, one other person, here who I understand when/how they apply. Otherwise, they mix me up.

I'll stop using them in this thread then lol. They are a little weird.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:02 pm

^No, no. Please do NOT stop using them! Thank you very much for your consideration, however! I am getting quite used to them, at this point, as the result of Ferris' use of them. I, actually think I am the one who should become more flexible, and no body should have to make such adjustments for me. Now, if they gave me nightmares or the like, then, I would consider accepting. But, no, please do not refrain from using them, SSF. Enjoy ! !

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm

Britte wrote:
^No, no. Please do NOT stop using them! Thank you very much for your consideration, however! I am getting quite used to them, at this point, as the result of Ferris' use of them. I, actually think I am the one who should become more flexible, and no body should have to make such adjustments for me. Now, if they gave me nightmares or the like, then, I would consider accepting. But, no, please do not refrain from using them, SSF. Enjoy ! !

It's ok! I promise I don't have to use the little smiles to get my point across lol. You're very kind, though ( :D had to).

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

Ok, but, please feel free to! :mrgreen:

Goodnight to you and Ferris. I must be off. It was lovely spending time here, with both of you.

The following are my favorite emoji's, btw:

:skull: :flower: :cherry: :eew: :colors: :batman: :alien: :mrgreen:

Catch you on the rebound !

: )

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:32 pm

Britte wrote:
Ok, but, please feel free to! :mrgreen:

Goodnight to you and Ferris. I must be off. It was lovely spending time here, with both of you.

The following are my favorite emoji's, btw:

:skull: :flower: :cherry: :eew: :colors: :batman: :alien: :mrgreen:

Catch you on the rebound !

: )

Good night! :skull: :alien: :cherry: :batman: :mrgreen: sorry- couldn't find the rest lol!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm

Britte wrote:
oh, gosh. I forgot we've been posting on Ubersensei's post. I wonder what he will think, upon his return. : ) Perhaps he will wish that he hadn't missed out on the fun. It has been a lot of fun for me. : )

It turns out that I cannot make sense of what you wrote. I know that lager is beer, but not sure what the context is, how the words in the sentence fit, together. So, I would be interested to know the meaning, if you would kindly, share. Thank you ! : ))

We may of drifted off course a little , sorry Ubersensai.

As for what I stated

lager & lime = time
loaf of bread = head ( related to common sense - use your loaf )
butchers hook = look
rabbit & pork = talk ( usually associated with spoken word )
cobblers awls = balls ( bollocks , utter rubbish )
treacle tart = sweetheart

As for emoji's , this is the only place I really use them as I am scared of offending , upsetting or being misunderstood by people , I often feel like adding this at the end of sarcastic comments as well [/sarcasm]. Sarcasm is so much better when you don't have to explain it's sarcasm :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm

thank you for breaking down your statement. it was a very creative way of writing/speaking, and, I would never have figured out the meaning.

I understand about the emoji's and I concur, that it can be of benefit to use them, as a means to avoid being misunderstood, and to imply sarcasm.

thank you for the conversation, Ferris.

See you, soon. :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:17 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

We may of drifted off course a little , sorry Ubersensai.

As for what I stated

lager & lime = time
loaf of bread = head ( related to common sense - use your loaf )
butchers hook = look
rabbit & pork = talk ( usually associated with spoken word )
cobblers awls = balls ( bollocks , utter rubbish )
treacle tart = sweetheart

As for emoji's , this is the only place I really use them as I am scared of offending , upsetting or being misunderstood by people , I often feel like adding this at the end of sarcastic comments as well [/sarcasm]. Sarcasm is so much better when you don't have to explain it's sarcasm :)

Same reason I use emojis. I just don't want to come across as rude or cold and then offend people.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:56 am

Ubersensai wrote:
Hey, I'm ubersensai. First post here, just wanted to say hello and ask everyone what their opinion of people with Antisocial Personality Disorder is. Not the people so much as the disorder. Anyway, glad to join the community.
I've had experience with people who have AS-PD. Same with NPD. And honestly their selfish f**ks who don't give a f**k about others. Even more so than people with ASD. They also make it appear like they do to use you. I mean it's pretty triggering for me. They're also complete amoral. I can get extremely triggered when people compare ASD to AS-PD because it isn't the people who 'have' ASD but act like they have AS-PD are lying to you in order to manipulate you. Because people with ASD can't developer psychopathy there has been many theories on this.They conflict in major ways. Like, people with ASD don't have affective empathy, but have congitive empathy but people with AS-PD don't have cognitive empathy but have affective empathy. in other words People with AS-PD make you feel as if they have empathy even though they don't, while people with ASD make you feel as if they don't have empathy when they do. People with asd have empathy it's just lack of social skills or at least very underdeveloped social skills (I have the social skills of a five-six year old) The point is that. You see, It's kinda like a huge difference. As an example, If you show obvious signs of distress, like crying I will notice and attempt to comfort you. In my experience when I've done this it has been comforting.. That is why AS-PD can't be with ASD. Also, AS-PD and ASD conflict a huge amount. I will link to some sources. As this is a very complicated subject. But essentially imo being autistic makes it impossible for sociopathy (AS-PD) to develop. Also, professional psychiatrists have no confusion on the topic. Only the media. ASD and any form of it has no relation to AS-PD or psychopathy and even NPD. Even though it can appear as all three.. There has been various members that have argued that this has been the case. (OdysseusNemo) But no it's an either or thing. Though, The thread of that no longer exists. But no You can not have both of those disorders.
Sources:
Psychology Today 1
Psychology Today 2
Psychology today 3 :?
Psychology today 4
Quora (From Autistic)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:50 pm

Pieplup wrote:

Oh dear , I might be a psychopath or at least have tendencies :roll: