StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:26 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious for me too. My current "sub-types" include "just-right" OCD, magical thinking, and "Schiz OCD" (debilitating fear of schizophrenia). OCD sucks lol :D .

I've had what I think is "Schiz OCD" for about 26 years now ( despite being told multiple times by professionals I don't have it ) although in the last year I couldn't give a stuff if I have it as long as I know :D

Yup, I've been told by everybody I don't have it, but I can't convince myself I don't!

Here's the best article I've found describing it: https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/201 ... schiz-ocd/ I hope this helps.

OMG! That explains so freaking much , that was pretty much my life story albeit a few minor changes. thanks StampySquiddyFan :D

Yes! I'm glad you figured it out, even if it's not the only thing :D . Now you'll probably start obsessing over whether you actually have this thing (joking :lol: )!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:34 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yes! I'm glad you figured it out, even if it's not the only thing :D . Now you'll probably start obsessing over whether you actually have this thing (joking :lol: )!

You've planted the seed now ( also joking :lol: )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

You've planted the seed now ( also joking :lol: )

Yup! :lol: The guy who wrote the article actually went through this type of OCD. His situation seems quite similar to yours (his psychologist told him he wasn't psychotic, etc.). I hope this helped you :D !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:40 am

Glad to hear you are doing good overall.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:42 am

Years ago, I had schiz OCD very severely (I believe). I was diagnosed with an "other and unspecified" disorder, which is basically the professional saying, "You have a problem, but I don't know exactly WHAT is wrong with you."

I had no idea what OCD was at the time, and I did not want to share some stuff because I was afraid of what it would say about my beliefs and morals. Looking back, I wonder if sharing that could've made all the difference between "other and unspecified" and a more exact diagnosis.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:55 am

248RPA wrote:
Years ago, I had schiz OCD very severely (I believe). I was diagnosed with an "other and unspecified" disorder, which is basically the professional saying, "You have a problem, but I don't know exactly WHAT is wrong with you."

I had no idea what OCD was at the time, and I did not want to share some stuff because I was afraid of what it would say about my beliefs and morals. Looking back, I wonder if sharing that could've made all the difference between "other and unspecified" and a more exact diagnosis.

Yeah. It's not an actual diagnosis, but it's a "sub-type" of OCD that is the worst I've ever had, IMO. If you type in to Google "scared of schizophrenia", you'll get a bunch of forums with people terrified they are about to go insane or convinced they have already gone insane. It's extremely hard to live with. Some "types" of OCD can be extremely disturbing, like intrusive thoughts of a violent/sexual nature. It's not all hand washing, believe me (not to make fun or disregard anyone with that type of OCD, of course :D ). Some professionals are not the best when it comes to dealing with what we call "Pure O" OCD, which is basically mental (not physical) obsessions and compulsions. That being said, I also have the type of OCD where I have to touch something a certain number of times, make it straight, etc. I hope you are doing alright at the moment :D .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:58 am

248RPA wrote:

Yeah , looking back , I didn't have the correct terminology ( or didn't know exactly what I was feeling ) to tell the Dr's what's going on , it was just I'm paranoid of this or that so like you I wasn't given a diagnosis. I wish the internet in it's current state was available back then :roll:

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:01 am

I have OCD. It used to be moderate-severe but now is mild. A mix of exposure therapy and medication have helped.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:14 am

SaveFerris wrote:
248RPA wrote:

Yeah , looking back , I didn't have the correct terminology ( or didn't know exactly what I was feeling ) to tell the Dr's what's going on , it was just I'm paranoid of this or that so like you I wasn't given a diagnosis. I wish the internet in it's current state was available back then :roll:

Yeah- I have so many "paranoid" thoughts that "aren't really paranoid" :D . At least that's what I'm told by my psychologist lol.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:24 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yeah- I have so many "paranoid" thoughts that "aren't really paranoid" :D . At least that's what I'm told by my psychologist lol.

Yep , I was paranoid for decades until one Dr said that's not paranoia and told me it was anxiety , it didn't make sense unless you add OCD into the equation. Something I read here a while back resonated with and it's like there is no name for what I have so I either have SFS or SFD ( Save Ferris Syndrome or Save Ferris Disorder :lol: )

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yep , I was paranoid for decades until one Dr said that's not paranoia and told me it was anxiety , it didn't make sense unless you add OCD into the equation. Something I read here a while back resonated with and it's like there is no name for what I have so I either have SFS or SFD ( Save Ferris Syndrome or Save Ferris Disorder :lol: )

Lol it's like Ganser syndrome. I was scared of having that too until I read that there has only been around 20 cases ever diagnosed :lol: . I bet there's at least one other person in the world with SFD :D .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Lol it's like Ganser syndrome. I was scared of having that too until I read that there has only been around 20 cases ever diagnosed :lol: . I bet there's at least one other person in the world with SFD :D .

Oooh! What's that ? *quick google* , Oh dear that makes 21 cases now :D . I shouldn't really joke about things like this but it helps me. :lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:48 am

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Oooh! What's that ? *quick google* , Oh dear that makes 21 cases now :D . I shouldn't really joke about things like this but it helps me. :lol:

:lol: Keep joking Ferris; it helps me too!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:16 pm

I'm not doing so well at the moment :( . I've read that one of the symptoms of early "you-know-what" (not to offend anyone, of course) is erratic sleep patterns. Well, of course my OCD won't let that drop now, since I didn't get a good nights rest last night. The reason I didn't get to go to bed at a "normal" time last night is probably because I spent hours in front of the computer before bed, but I'm still super worried right now. What if I don't get a good night's sleep tonight? I've been experiencing some other weird symptoms lately, so this would almost be confirmation that I have you-know-what (again, I'm sorry :( ). Anyone ever go through anything similar? This happened to me last year as well (also on a day when I used the computer right before bed, coincidentally :) ), and I was so terrified. Thankfully, my sleep schedule went back to normal (it might have taken a few days, though). This was mostly just a rant lol. Never mind.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

You answered you own question there , you know it's bad to use your computer before bed , it can really disrupt your sleeping patterns especially if you obsess over things. It's almost impossible for me to do so I'm a hypocrite for saying this but you need to have a good sleep hygiene routine.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:36 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
You answered you own question there , you know it's bad to use your computer before bed , it can really disrupt your sleeping patterns especially if you obsess over things. It's almost impossible for me to do so I'm a hypocrite for saying this but you need to have a good sleep hygiene routine.

Yeah. I'm going to definitely get off a long time before bed. Thanks Ferris- do you think you could tell the OCD part of my brain that :lol: ?