Page 22 of 33 [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:15 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
You're right FXE... I think I overreacted again. My apologies. :oops:

Accepted.

Just try to remember that I'm always leaving out nuance that I recognize to avoid writing even larger walls of text and that one of my main angles will almost always include cautioning about treating others with malice.

Giving into malice makes us worse than we need to be. Being actively good can be hard, not being actively bad is relatively easier even if it's less gratifying. Sometimes hating the right people can feel pretty fulfilling because it convinces us that we're somehow being good but ultimately it's still giving into what is ultimately a negative feeling.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 2:05 am

Low functioning ASPD do not understand patterns well.
They're trap in a loop where they kept re-offend the law, lose relationships, lose jobs for being unreliable or lacking the sense of urgency, prone to addictions...

They're basically emotionally kids in an adult body.

Delinquent children in adult bodies, pretending to be adults by acting on things that no kid is supposed to act.

It's not the same way like how autistics are sort of like a child in an adult bodies. People can see the overlap, but I can see the distinction of that overlap.

In any case, I'm sure it's difficult to get rid of unwanted individuals and moments that lives rent free in one's head.

I wonder why, other than it's an outdated evolutionary trait in humans.

I can also see other distinctions from the overlaps of other conditions.
I know how ADHD overlaps distinctions are -- the same with social anxiety and alexithymia.

I myself had yet to figure the entire picture of why I have certain tendencies towards something malicious.

It did not came from hurt like most stories do, but from lack...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:05 pm

Yeah I find it really interesting too. Like with adhd I think that my behaviour with adhd would maybe classed as just normal behaviour a few years ago or even now in some societies.

Even ptds it's like a lot of my behaviour with that is more like something primal rather than not normal but because I'm on high alert all the time and I can't regulate that then it's seen as not normal and I get a mental illness label because of it. But thousands of years ago my behaviour would more than likely have saved my life or even saved the lives of my whole tribe.

I just think that some people are more in touch with there primal instincts than other people.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 2:01 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah I find it really interesting too. Like with adhd I think that my behaviour with adhd would maybe classed as just normal behaviour a few years ago or even now in some societies.

Even ptds it's like a lot of my behaviour with that is more like something primal rather than not normal but because I'm on high alert all the time and I can't regulate that then it's seen as not normal and I get a mental illness label because of it. But thousands of years ago my behaviour would more than likely have saved my life or even saved the lives of my whole tribe.

I just think that some people are more in touch with there primal instincts than other people.

I'm doing the opposite of your lifetime work. I have some sort of interoceptive sensitivity that I try hard to ignore because it's irrelevant. I wish I can just dissociate from it and do what's relevant and what's in front of me.

In my case, it's more like I'm forced to 'hear' mine, forced to solve it, forced to 'take responsibility' over it like an utterly unwilling pet owner.
It makes me look like some egocentric person who's also self-obsessed, self-absorbed and unreliable in any attempt of 'taking care of myself'.

In reality, I don't want anything to do with my feelings, my 'thoughts', or any bodily sensations that just kept distracting me with how I want to live and experience my life. "It" more control over me than "I".

Some say I'm in touched with my emotions.
To me it's more like -- those with misophonia towards noise.

I don't like it. If it's possible to trade it with someone who wants to 'feel' and 'figure' feelings more, I'd do it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 2:41 pm

walls of text are ok if only they have windows in them at regular intervals.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 3:01 pm

My depression is so bad without relevant medication that I cannot function - and sometimes I can barely even think.

There is no end to it. The bad feelings have been eternal, for decades.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 3:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
walls of text are ok if only they have windows in them at regular intervals.

I don't mind a long post as long as it's written in a way that appeals to my style of reading. I think most people on WP are quite considerate of this

I sometimes have trouble with comprehension but I don't think that anyone can really do much about that

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:00 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
My depression is so bad without relevant medication that I cannot function - and sometimes I can barely even think.

Really? That must be really difficult for you man.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:02 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
babybird wrote:

I'm doing the opposite of your lifetime work. I have some sort of interoceptive sensitivity that I try hard to ignore because it's irrelevant. I wish I can just dissociate from it and do what's relevant and what's in front of me.

In my case, it's more like I'm forced to 'hear' mine, forced to solve it, forced to 'take responsibility' over it like an utterly unwilling pet owner.
It makes me look like some egocentric person who's also self-obsessed, self-absorbed and unreliable in any attempt of 'taking care of myself'.

In reality, I don't want anything to do with my feelings, my 'thoughts', or any bodily sensations that just kept distracting me with how I want to live and experience my life. "It" more control over me than "I".

Some say I'm in touched with my emotions.
To me it's more like -- those with misophonia towards noise.

I don't like it. If it's possible to trade it with someone who wants to 'feel' and 'figure' feelings more, I'd do it.

Yeah it sounds like you could do with a bit of how I am and I could do with a bit of how you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:07 pm

I actually feel like I've changed. I kind of like it but I feel like I've got a new head and it's taking me a bit of getting used to

I'm thinking it's maybe the menopause or something like that but it's more as though I'm moving from childhood to adulthood and not adulthood to old age.

I am aware that I've missed milestones in my life especially adolescence...I just didn't experience it like my friends did. I'm not talking about physical stuff I'm on about emotional tings

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Low functioning ASPD do not understand patterns well.
They're trap in a loop where they kept re-offend the law, lose relationships, lose jobs for being unreliable or lacking the sense of urgency, prone to addictions...

They're basically emotionally kids in an adult body.

Delinquent children in adult bodies, pretending to be adults by acting on things that no kid is supposed to act.

It's not the same way like how autistics are sort of like a child in an adult bodies. People can see the overlap, but I can see the distinction of that overlap.

Definitely there's differences, but the developmental similarities are pretty important too because they play a big role in how much support someone will likely require to contribute to society.

Some folks seem likely to never outgrow requiring additional supervision. If they're not prone to being malicious it's mostly just to keep them on the right course. If they're prone to malicious behaviours protecting others from them starts to be a bigger consideration. If both factors are obvious enough, intervening before they have a host of legal issues is probably not a bad thing, it's essentially protecting them from themselves.

If delayed development is a factor and they're kept away from legal problems they might eventually be able to contribute, vs. just ending up locked up and dealing with the complications that result from that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:35 pm

babybird wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Really? That must be really difficult for you man.

Aye. I have had persistent depression since I was a young teenager. :?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 10:46 pm

Its okay to feel that these people whom are actuvely psychopathis are people too. But as I have victimized without cause by several different ones, some actually acting in conjunction with each other , whether due to being part of a type of hate group influenced by Peer pressure of religious convictions . When their behabiour creates and committs capital crimes , against human life . Homicide etc. Then you might have the dufficult time if dustinguishing those same persons as different than monsters, when you witness this repeatedly first hand . With Honestly No apparent justification, other than outright hate and profit regardless if how little they recueve. . . . .
Have extreme caution and trouble giving these people the slightest benefit of the doubt..And Gawd knows I tried ..
Have seen them operate without any sort if a apoearance on Concioseness..Of right and wrong . And they . seem to agrandize each other as to whom can mess over others , worse than the next person,like a jailhouse mentality..
( But this is all just my exoerience based on a life of repeated incidental .Interactions ..Wrong oeople in the wrong place) over a very long period of time .But I can admire attempts at growth in people wanting to move on !
And not letting the experience get control over your life can be hard ( Nigh Impossible) 8O :(

where ever you go ,there you are

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 3:32 am

I believe the lack of choice of dropping one's mask and an option to not blend-in and pass -- is just as bad as the lack of ability to mask, blend-in and pass.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

I wonder if I mask sometimes. If I do do its not a conscious thing.

I do try and not be like the person/people from my childhood who had the most influence over me. I've been aware for about the last 25 years or so that this is something that I fight with every interaction that I make and it's pretty exhausting. But I don't know whether that is masking or if it's just me doing my level best not to distroy each and every person's life. I'm thinking it's the latter.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

Jakki wrote:
Its okay to feel that these people whom are actuvely psychopathis are people too. But as I have victimized without cause by several different ones, some actually acting in conjunction with each other , whether due to being part of a type of hate group influenced by Peer pressure of religious convictions . When their behabiour creates and committs capital crimes , against human life . Homicide etc. Then you might have the dufficult time if dustinguishing those same persons as different than monsters, when you witness this repeatedly first hand . With Honestly No apparent justification, other than outright hate and profit regardless if how little they recueve. . . . .
Have extreme caution and trouble giving these people the slightest benefit of the doubt..And Gawd knows I tried ..
Have seen them operate without any sort if a apoearance on Concioseness..Of right and wrong . And they . seem to agrandize each other as to whom can mess over others , worse than the next person,like a jailhouse mentality..
( But this is all just my exoerience based on a life of repeated incidental .Interactions ..Wrong oeople in the wrong place) over a very long period of time .But I can admire attempts at growth in people wanting to move on !
And not letting the experience get control over your life can be hard ( Nigh Impossible) 8O :(

Yeah I know what you're saying there Jakki