Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2024, 4:38 pm

How do you manage to sit at a desk, sit in front of a computer and work on something for hours, without any breaks?

I'm asking this to adhd guys.

I have an iq of 148 but can't do anything because of this problem.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 8:08 pm

Highly_Autistic wrote:
How do you manage to sit at a desk, sit in front of a computer and work on something for hours, without any breaks?

I'm asking this to adhd guys.

I have an iq of 148 but can't do anything because of this problem.

Why do you need to work on something for hours without breaks? I'm in a similar position, I've got an IQ in the low 140s and definite ADHD. I don't even try to work for something that long unless I've got my hyperfocus locked in. If I don't have it locked in then I task switch whenever I hit the point where I'm no longer being productive with whatever it is that I'm doing. If I can get away with it, I'll take a short 5ish minute break every hour to get up and pace the hall a bit before getting back to it.

LittleBeach
Raven
Raven

Yesterday, 8:19 am

I break everything down into 10 minute blocks. I write down what I am going to do in the next 10 minutes, then spend ten minutes doing that, then plan the next 10 minutes, then repeat for as long as I am working.

It helps make work less overwhelming because it turns it into a series of small jobs rather than one long one.

Sometimes after a few of these 10 minute blocks I find I am focussing naturally and don’t need to follow this system anymore.