Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2024, 5:36 pm

I'm a Male individual who's in the process of thinking about whether or not I should transition to a female. I'm in a fierce dilemma and I can't seem to find a possible way to make up my mind.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:48 pm

Do you feel a sense of dysphoria? If so, how long has this persisted? What made you start questioning your gender identity? Have you spoken to a LGBT friendly therapist to rule out other possibilities? Is this an option for you?

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 21 Apr 2024, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:55 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:
I'm a Male individual who's in the process of thinking about whether or not I should transition to a female. I'm in a fierce dilemma and I can't seem to find a possible way to make up my mind.

The usual thing is to explore that with things that can be reversed before anything too drastic. It's certainly possible that you're trans, but there are a whole lot of other possibilities that may be more consistent with you.

There's a lot of things from subtle things that nobody is likely to notice, like shaving things that are normally covered to more obvious things like wearing clothing that is visibly more typical of a different gender.

I'm not sure that there is any real alternative to experimentation.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 7:35 pm

It may help to talk to a therapist with expertise in gender issues.

A full transition is a long involved process often taking many years.
Voice surgery only helps a little. You also need to train your voice.
Female mannerisms also take some time to learn.

If you are fortunate enough to be a white male you will lose your "male privilege."

Women are judged by different standards than men.
Women are constantly judged by appearance.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 6:18 am

BTDT wrote:
It may help to talk to a therapist with expertise in gender issues.

A full transition is a long involved process often taking many years.
Voice surgery only helps a little. You also need to train your voice.
Female mannerisms also take some time to learn.

If you are fortunate enough to be a white male you will lose your "male privilege."

Women are judged by different standards than men.
Women are constantly judged by appearance.

Yes, although, male privilege isn't a real thing to the extent that people seem to think. Most of the privilege is either the result of not understanding statistics or flat out ignoring reality. People commonly accept abuse of men in a way that they wouldn't ever tolerate women being abused. That being said, trans folks seem to get whatever treatment worse.

__Elijahahahaho
Raven
Raven

22 Apr 2024, 6:33 am

I think mixed gender identity may be common for autistics.

I think that psychology is too messy of a pseudoscience and there is too much political involvement
and media coverage on this, so one must be exceedingly careful before making unalterable decisions.

Concepts of gender come from outside, from the media and other peoples statements. They vary wildly between cultures. This to me
suggests that propaganda influences this more than innate biology.

I think accept yourself for who you are, present however you want to present, but I think that "gender transition surgery" is an expensive money-making exercise dreamed up by some propagandist that may ruin your body, and is ultimately a hypocritical stance- you are disrespecting your own body.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 9:27 am

I think a lot of girls don't get full transition surgery. You have to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get it. I think the UK NHS provided it for some but now the chance of getting it is small as the wait list is long.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dy ... treatment/

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -desk.html
The VA provides everything for transition except surgeries but this may change in the future.

I heard of someone that works at a Hospital that has gotten a lot of gender affirming surgeries.

One can also pay for it out of pocket if you have the money. Some girls will travel to Asia where surgeries don't cost as much.

Transgenders are political pawns in the state of Texas.
The state of Connecticut has laws and a state agency to help you in Connecticut.
I know someone that transitioned and moved to Connectict to start over.