Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

(sorry for the mess I made in my last post. Here's the correction:)

Quote:
Don't worry, you can ask whatever you want with me! :wink: :heart:

Hah, same with me really. I'd rather people just be blunt with the questions rather than hiding it. It's annoying.
Yeah I agree. Honesty is ore comfortable than subtlety.

Misery wrote:
The good thing about anime cons is that... to a point... you can express yourself in that way. The bad thing about anime-cons is that it ends up really being about appearance. If people dont think you look good, well... they'll bluntly tell you so. I've watched that happen to people doing opposite-gender cosplays before... it's not pretty. Actually managing to look like the opposite gender or look good in outfits like those is, for most, not at all easy. That's why I tend to get so nervous about it, because I've seen how bad it can go.

How can you tell if it's a anime con or not? Just want to watch out so that I can come prepared. :wink: :heart:

Misery wrote:
But if that doesnt happen, well... you can do what you want. You dont have to conform to "normal" there, because "normal" is a shopping cart filled with old US presidents that goes screaming down the hallway with a boombox playing some song that made no sense. Which is to say, there is no "normal".

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! Time to put in my drag for whatever con is out for 2016! :mrgreen: :sunny: :heart:

Misery wrote:
You might like the whole experience, though. If you lived around here I'd say you could join me at one; I go to alot of them, as there's nothing resembling a reason not to, at least in my case.

No I will LOVE IT!! ! It will be the time of my life when I get to a con in a dress (but it's not gonna be the 'end of the world' for me if I don't get on a drag :wink: just hope I won't do that too often :(

Quote:
Not QUITE what I meant... that's people being jerks. I mean people being WEIRD. Being hit on by a straight guy who is fully aware that I'm male, for instance. That's happened a few times (and not just at cons...). Or people trying to get just a BIT too close, or sometimes, well, unwanted physical contact.... it gets a little strange, yes. I've noticed that crowd can be very uninhibited in some ways. Very enthusiastic group.

Again, like I said (or maybe I didn't? I may have forgotten to write it or maybe it got erased and then I forgot to write it? :scratch: Bah! Nevermind. :) ) Maybe the guys who hit on you are open-minded and they want to experiment with different types of girls, including trans.

Misery wrote:
And I sorta run outta steam.

What do you mean by that? :|

Misery wrote:
Haha, this conversation just keeps getting more interesting/entertaining.

I'm curious, if you ever DID do a cosplay as a female character, who might you do?

No, I haven't done a female cosplay yet. So far I've managed to cosplay as Link (from Zelda) and Pit (from Kid Icarus: Uprising/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

If I were to cosplay a female character (which would be wonderful! :mrgreen: :heart: ) it would be the cheerful type of characters (like Bridget for example! :D Hey since you don't seem to like Bridget's personality that much you can send your Brdget costume via mail? (i'll give you my address) I'd really appreciate it! :) :heart: )

I was also thinking about coplaying Hastune Miku, here's a picture of her:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.[/quote]

-Thomas Jefferson

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I was once Zero Suit Samus for Halloween!

Just out of curiosity... do pictures exist? :mrgreen:

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
[I was once Zero Suit Samus for Halloween]!

How did you get/make the costume!? :) :heart:

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:06 am

I used a blue shirt that I still have, blue pants that I can't remember where I got them from, a toy pistol, blue gloves that I have since lost, boots, and a blonde wig. Also, no pictures.
Merry Christmas, by the way! :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:12 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
a blonde wig

Dayum Kura! I'm very pleased by that notion. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas! :santa:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

^You're...pleased at the thought of me in a blonde wig? 8O Well, then... :oops:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:21 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^You're...pleased at the thought of me in a blonde wig? 8O Well, then... :oops:

I would be very pleased as well! :wink: :heart: Also, I have a blonde wig at my house as well, what a coincidence!

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

^ :heart: :oops: :D I use my wig for my Fai Fluorite costume these days. Maybe one day I'll be able to let you borrow my costume so you can try it on! [I hope you liked my special Christmas message to you! :heart: ]

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:29 pm

Quote:

How can you tell if it's a anime con or not? Just want to watch out so that I can come prepared. :wink: :heart:

Well, the best way to put it, is that MOST cons are anime types. Well, technically anime & gaming usually, they're almost always both at the same time. Makes sense, the two often go together! I'm usually more on the gaming side of things myself. I've always liked anime well enough but I dont actually watch that much of it these days, typically I'd rather just read the manga. But the gaming is always there. My costumes are always game characters, really.

I only have so many though. And there's some that I wouldnt mind doing (like Blanc) but just havent done due to not feeling that I could pull off the look (I could look AMAZINGLY ANGRY all the time, sure, but she's also really small, among other things...). ....also some costumes (Blanc again) are very complicated. The more complicated, the higher the cost! ...granted, these days it doesnt all that much matter what I spend, but still. When looking for a new costume, that's something to always keep in mind.

Also, this is where I go to find out about cons: anime-cons.com

As far as I know, most known ones are listed there. But, I cant say for sure when it comes to other countries (I'm in the US). There may be better sites for places that arent the US. It looks like you're not in the US, so it may be worth using the amazing power of Google to see what you can learn about possible cons that are reachable from your location!

Quote:
Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! Time to put in my drag for whatever con is out for 2016! :mrgreen: :sunny: :heart:

Yep, you can do/wear pretty much whatever you want at these. You could make an outfit out of cardboard Mountain Dew boxes if you wanted (seen that, more than once, was hilarious). Doesnt really matter, you just do whatever.

Quote:
No I will LOVE IT!! ! It will be the time of my life when I get to a con in a dress (but it's not gonna be the 'end of the world' for me if I don't get on a drag :wink: just hope I won't do that too often :(

If you "dont get on a drag"? I dont understand the phrasing here. Happens with me alot.

Quote:
Again, like I said (or maybe I didn't? I may have forgotten to write it or maybe it got erased and then I forgot to write it? :scratch: Bah! Nevermind. :) ) Maybe the guys who hit on you are open-minded and they want to experiment with different types of girls, including trans.

I can sorta get that, but... I'm not trans though; considering that I"m bloody lazy about, well, everything, I dont actually use all that much makeup and such. I have like, ONE stick of the stuff and it's just to cover up what my godforsaken electric razor misses. Or at least, in theory. Frankly, I dont understand how the whole damn "passing" thing works half the time or if I'm even going in the right direction with it. I went out to the local Wal-mart about, oh, a week ago I think, and I THOUGHT I hadnt shaved all that well that day; I'd been lazy about it and just did it quickly. I figured, feh, nobody's going to really see me today, I'm just going to the store very briefly. Got there, was immediately mistaken for a girl (???) so... yeah. I dont even...

Still though, I'm aware I'm kinda feminine in appearance at times but... I dunno that it's far enough for THAT to really happen. What trans people I've seen typically look alot further down that road, much closer to "passing".

I dunno. It's confusing. You know how it is, with the autism... it just makes it so that stuff like this makes even less sense. Sometimes I just smile and nod as if I have a clue as to what's going on. I often dont!

Quote:
Misery wrote:
And I sorta run outta steam.

What do you mean by that? :|

"Run out of Steam" sorta means to run down, run out of energy, sorta lose enthusiasm, come to a halt... things along that line. What I meant was, yeah, normally I'd rebuke the idea of liking nun characters specifically, but then Index there came to mind, and with her being ANOTHER one I like, well.... yeah. I couldnt really manage to rebuke anything at all after that hit me, ugh.

Quote:
No, I haven't done a female cosplay yet. So far I've managed to cosplay as Link (from Zelda) and Pit (from Kid Icarus: Uprising/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

If I were to cosplay a female character (which would be wonderful! :mrgreen: :heart: ) it would be the cheerful type of characters (like Bridget for example! :D Hey since you don't seem to like Bridget's personality that much you can send your Brdget costume via mail? (i'll give you my address) I'd really appreciate it! :) :heart: )

No no, I could never part with that... it has too much meaning to me. Hard to explain. One way or another he's my favorite one to cosplay, really. I just want to get some others too.

That, and with costumes, there's always the issue of size to consider. My outfits are always specifically tailored to me, which is something you want to try to do with any costume. Note that I *dont* make these myself, haha. That'd be a horrible disaster. I get them elsewhere. There's all sorts of places you can go to have costumes made for you. Just be sure you have measurements, and reference materials (pics of the character).

Quote:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.
[/quote]

That's not a bad idea, aside from the Wig of Doom there.

Vocaloid characters are actually well-known, so you'd actually get some notice. More obscure characters tend to be ignored more.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself. I was only in heels and a dress for 9 days, then got out of the routine.
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:03 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:
Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself.

Why did you wanted to have revenge on that singer?

hvtitan08 wrote:
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

So you basically went out of your way to make sure you stop your crossdressing routine?

-Thomas Jefferson

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2015, 10:20 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
hvtitan08 wrote:
Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself.

Why did you wanted to have revenge on that singer?

When I saw Tiffany's pics, I was shocked. It was mostly for retaliation. She was my favorite singer. From the time she was singing "I Think We're Alone Now[i]"[/i] up until I saw her Playboy pics, she was the most favorite singer I liked since I saw the music Video on VH1's Pop-up Video.

hvtitan08 wrote:

So you basically went out of your way to make sure you stop your crossdressing routine?

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 1:18 am

The_Blonde_Alien]

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.[/quote]

[quote="Misery wrote:
That's not a bad idea, aside from the Wig of Doom there.

A "wig of doom" you say? That sounds really funny! :lol: Are they really that heavy? Or are they somewhat difficult to handle? :scratch:

-Thomas Jefferson

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 2:03 am

Totally not cross dressing, but for NYE I wore a "glitter beard" & again for NYD night's party - and also covered my upper body in glitter lol. So much fun at the parties I went to. NYD night I made a point of saying to one of my friends from the beach that even just doing the glitter beard thing I totally understand more and more the fun that him and his friends have dressing up in drag and doing drag shows. (he's a bearded drag queen known as Katy Hairy.) Heh, just thought I'd share.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 3:49 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Totally not cross dressing, but for NYE I wore a "glitter beard" & again for NYD night's party - and also covered my upper body in glitter lol. So much fun at the parties I went to. NYD night I made a point of saying to one of my friends from the beach that even just doing the glitter beard thing I totally understand more and more the fun that him and his friends have dressing up in drag and doing drag shows. (he's a bearded drag queen known as Katy Hairy.) Heh, just thought I'd share.

If I had a dollar for every amazingly wonderful pun drag kings and queens come up with...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 8:43 am

The only female clothing item which would be comfortable to me (and then, only when it's warm), is a skirt. Even with a skirt, I would feel funny. I would have to take care not to show my "jewels" within such venues as the Subway.

I don't envy women one bit! I'm glad they were smart enough to start wearing sneakers during the 1980 Transit Strike in NYC.