Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 6:43 pm

This is specifically to the same-sex attracted people:

Do you feel you have a good sense of how attractive you are physically? Many of us struggle as we're not attracted to our own sex but I was wondering if it were any easier if you were? I suppose looking at ones self sexually could be like looking at a close relative and your perception of attraction is skewed or you could be too self critical/involved to acurately say but obviously I have no idea! What do you think?

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

Nah - I think I'm weird looking. Pretty sure it's not something you can objectively measure, as you look at yourself differently to how other people look at you.

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2011, 7:45 pm

I've also always thought I'm weird looking lol...
I can recognise parts of myself that look good but a lot of the time I am confused when people are attracted to me because I just don't see it O_o

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:17 pm

I think I'm moderately attractive for the most part, except whenever my hair is messy and I'm having bad acne. :roll:

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 7:13 pm

I always felt I compared very unfavorably with others of my gender: I wouldn't be attracted to me so why should someone else be? So I spent a lot of my early life pursuing physical improvement, a "hobby" I eventually came to loath and react against. Then I tried seeking out others who were specifically attracted to my flaws, a practice that may have short term benefits but doesn't lead to satisfactory long term relationships. Finally I was old enough that I could just retire gracefully from the scene and forget how I looked. Whew!

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

Speaking only for myself, the intersection of my personal appearance and my sexual interests have often been quiet narrow.

After all, sexual desire is generally about desire for the other person. What has attracted me about my partners over time has often been about the attributes that they possess which I lack. We may as often find ourselves in a compatible relationship because the other partner complements our own strengths and weaknesses. That compatibility will often long outlive the, "heyday in the blood."