Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 7:38 pm

Has anyone ever told you that you should keep your sexuality "in the bedroom?" I have heard that countless times and it really irritates me!

I wrote about it here.

https://dwarren57.wordpress.com/2016/04 ... _discreet/

Cup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2016, 1:50 am

Very problematic assumptions when people say that.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 2:23 am

not explicitly, but maybe in their head...i'm straight.

this reminds me of a time my sister came out to our old school family. they took her inside and told her thst she had to respect their...beliefs.

one of them came out crying, and it wasn't my sister.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 5:32 am

But my bedroom is tiny.
I can't help it if my sexuality leaks.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:54 pm

Right, their "belief" that she is the devil's spawn simply because she is who she is.

Kiprobalhato wrote:

this reminds me of a time my sister came out to our old school family. they took her inside and told her thst she had to respect their...beliefs.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:49 pm

Only one time comes to mind. I'm not very "flamboyant" or obviously gay. But yeah, my father made a comment about how I should keep it to myself at work (construction) & I was like, I get it.. I do - but c'mon, it's 2016 - it shouldn't matter one way or the other. My mother and sister who were present at the time agreed with me. I still don't really say anything about it at work, but I don't like the whole "shouldn't" say anything about it thing.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:58 am

d057 wrote:
Right, their "belief" that she is the devil's spawn simply because she is who she is.

i suppose. thankfully they seemed to make up after that, but they were giving her a pretty rough time.

Raleigh wrote:
But my bedroom is tiny.
I can't help it if my sexuality leaks.

i don't even have my own bedroom. 8O

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 10:49 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

haha thats hilarious, im quoting you mainly because i want to directly say that I adore your profile avatar, it lures you in and you can't stop watching it.

my problem is im incredibly blunt and honest so i can't help talking about it...even if my mother avoids directly saying it and gets uncomfortable whenever its mentioned

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 2:01 pm

I got this from my mom shortly after coming out, but I just ignored her~.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 12:49 pm

Ok you got 2 types of people, old school and just straight up homophobic. My parents are old school so they don't even like saying heteros all hot and heavy like that in public and will get annoyed and say something like "get a room" or whatever. They are especially bothered when they see gay folks doing it but thats mostly because they're christian and it bothers them a lot. My brother is homophobic and one time he saw 2 dudes tongue kissing at the entrance of the mall and legit went to the other entrance to go in o-o

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

No one has really said it out loud to my wife or I before, but we used to get a lot of flack at church. (We used to be Mormon.) I would sit on her lap during get-togethers and even got pulled aside to be told how I shouldn't be doing that anymore, and how it looks bad. HAH! Religion...

I can't really help being openly gay, tbh. I love how I look, which is exceptionally butch lesbian. (Shaved undercut, no makeup, baggy tees and jeans, relatively low voice, swaggering gait.) If anybody doesn't recognize me as a lesbian out in town, then there's more often something wrong. XD Thankfully I live in a fairly small town and everyone's pretty much used to the way I look, act, and dress. This town was sort of conditioned to look the other way when they saw something peculiar.

...All except for the time I was making out with my wife (gf at the time) at the riverside, and a guy floating on a donut did a double take at us, looking at us like we'd just murdered a kid in front of him.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 4:45 pm

It's ridiculous to me because, whether they realize it or not, straight people are constantly saying things that directly or indirectly reinforce their sexuality. And while I get saying "don't talk about sex" that applies to everyone. The other problem is they they're sexualizing it, straight people often act like being lesbian/gay/bi/pan is something entirely sexual and therefore inappropriate to discuss. Yeah, lots of us gays have sex (not me lol! but lots of us), but for most of us sex isn't the entirety of our orientation anymore than it is for straight people and they just don't seem to get that.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 9:17 am

lidsmichelle wrote:
It's ridiculous to me because, whether they realize it or not, straight people are constantly saying things that directly or indirectly reinforce their sexuality. And while I get saying "don't talk about sex" that applies to everyone. The other problem is they they're sexualizing it, straight people often act like being lesbian/gay/bi/pan is something entirely sexual and therefore inappropriate to discuss. Yeah, lots of us gays have sex (not me lol! but lots of us), but for most of us sex isn't the entirety of our orientation anymore than it is for straight people and they just don't seem to get that.

Now that I think of it, my mom who is now a great grand mother now said that people should NOT expose young children to gayness and gay PDA because that will influence the child to grow up gay. On the other hand she said if the kid is born that way then its another story but that gay PDA could be an influence because society makes gayness ok. Now this was a conversation she was having with my sister who is a new grand mother compliments of the child her daughter just had(my niece and great niece).

Other parts of the conversation I heard included that she feels that gays tend to be really big into PDA(basically is what she said but with different usage of words). She even brought up another instance where 2 guys were tongue kissing outside the mall when we went in one time and she got super offended by it. Of course she questioned me up and out the ying yang for being completely apathetic to it.