Page 2 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 12:37 am

Quote:
Men used to wear corset-like things in the 18th Century as well.

Yes, and women in this century wear them in certain clubs, too :twisted: I don't know about you but sometimes I think theoretically a corset wouldn't hurt my physique, especially around the midsection.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 10:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Men used to wear corset-like things in the 18th Century as well.

Not to mention I remembered seeing an old cartoon about a boy wearing a skirt. Not to mention they still do today, especially in Scotland.

-Thomas Jefferson

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
does it count that i only wear Men size 2 XL shirts? i haven't really worn a dress since i was a teenager.
i wear jeans and jean shorts all the time, and sneakers that i just slide on.

All depends on who is judging you, make of that what you will. I mean, technically if you buy the exact same item of clothing but buy it from the other side of the aisle (in the "other" department), some will be aghast and say it is crossdressing. Of course, women regularly wear men's clothes in our culture but because there is a social hierarchy, that's not seen as deviant.

So, I'd have to ask the motivation question, "Why do you wear Mens shirts instead of womens?"

the sleeves in mens clothes feel like real sleeves. the sleeves in womens clothes feels like "why bother making them?"

also, womens' clothes seem more frilly and flowery with pastel like colors. i like the solid dark colors of mens clothes.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

allisonbieber00
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2015, 9:55 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
I would like to know how many people here on WP have tried cross dressing. For those of you who don't know, cross dressing is when you dress up in clothing often associated with the gender opposite to you own. It can be fun if you're really into it (in my humble opinion of course)

Personally I would find it fun if I ever get the chance! :mrgreen: :heart:

But what I would really like to know is the experience you've had with cross dressing. Was it fun? How did you felt while doing it? And did you have to deal with those annoying, traditional people who are against cross dressing?

So what's your story? :)

I cross dress almost everyday, I'm extremely tom boy and question myself if I'm actually am the Correct gender i was supposed to be.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 2:18 pm

allisonbieber00 wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
I would like to know how many people here on WP have tried cross dressing. For those of you who don't know, cross dressing is when you dress up in clothing often associated with the gender opposite to you own. It can be fun if you're really into it (in my humble opinion of course)

Personally I would find it fun if I ever get the chance! :mrgreen: :heart:

But what I would really like to know is the experience you've had with cross dressing. Was it fun? How did you felt while doing it? And did you have to deal with those annoying, traditional people who are against cross dressing?

So what's your story? :)

I cross dress almost everyday, I'm extremely tom boy and question myself if I'm actually am the Correct gender i was supposed to be.

If I may?

Imagine you live in a world where everyone wore the same clothing & used the same pronouns. Men and women are treated the same, in all ways. It's as if external gender just doesn't matter. How would you identify inside? Keep in mind that sex/gender identity is *not* actually a binary at all. Especially for people on the spectrum it is common to simply not have a strong affinity to either end of the scale. And very few people are consistent with their "maleness" or "femaleness" across all aspects of who they are. Most are a beautiful, scrambled, spiky mosaic, despite what they are taught they *should* be for various reasons.

If you find out you identify as the sex/gender "opposite" the one you were assigned at birth, there are plenty of us here to talk to. If you find you actually fit somewhere in the middle or even outside the traditional scale there are even more people here who understand!

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 4:21 pm

Misery wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
I can honestly relate to your problem with your dad. I think that my dad might be a bit more open-minded about the idea (although it might take some time :roll: ). I'd LOVE to be on a drag! even if it's just for once! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'd probably look like this in my drag:

Proud and pretty and full of attitude! 8)

Also, don't let your love for your father present you from being yourself! You are not your father and your father is not you! That is a FACT and it is futile to deny that!

Oh geez, that picture. Just... it... well.... whaaa... I could go on about what I think of it but that probably wouldnt be very bright. But I had to download it, yep. Who exactly is this character?

It's actually Cloud from Final Fantasy VII in his crossdressing disguise. He used it to sneak inside mansion owned by a really perverted guy called Don Cornero in order to protect Tifa and Aeris from harm.

I agree It's a really cute picture! :mrgreen: :heart: I even have it as my desktop!

-Thomas Jefferson

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2015, 4:05 am

I frequently crossdress for charity benefit shows. Due to my SPD however, It's very unsafe for me to walk or dance in high heels, so it's always flat soles or low wedgies for my feet.
ImageImage

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 10:10 am

Rockymtchris wrote:
I frequently crossdress for charity benefit shows. Due to my SPD however, It's very unsafe for me to walk or dance in high heels, so it's always flat soles or low wedgies for my feet.
ImageImage

Nice! That's quite brave of you! what is the dress on the picture to the right?

-Thomas Jefferson

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

A horny unicorn for a fantasy-themed show I was in. FWIW, I don't have to feel "brave" when I put on girls' items for others by request. My everyday outfits are so androgynous anyway that a big chunk of the community here often doesn't realise the difference when I bend the gender all the way.

Oh, I guess I should add I can't wear mascara at all. My eyelashes are way too sensitive, and are dark anyway.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 6:18 am

Allright so this is quite possibly a fantastically terrible idea, but since there's someone else actually showing photos of this on here, including a costume photo, the caffiene tells me that I should join in and see what happens. As is often the case, I cannot disobey it.

I may regret the absolute hell out of this later, but....

First pic is, needless to say, a costume photo. My cosplay that I use at cons. Makes me bloody paranoid every time I do it, but I do it anyway. The second is just me as I normally look. I dont remember why I took that photo.

There, I have participated. Try not to laugh too hard. I may end up removing these later if the caffiene should lose it's grip.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2015, 6:45 am

^Way envious of your hair.^ Out of curiousity, what type of footware do you like to wear with your special costumes?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 7:06 am

Rockymtchris wrote:
^Way envious of your hair.^ Out of curiousity, what type of footware do you like to wear with your special costumes?

Generally whatever is meant to go with it (I try to look as accurate to the character as possible). For that one it's these odd blue things that are just sneakers that have had a variety of bits stuck on by the person that made the costume. So they function the same but dont LOOK like sneakers whatsoever.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 1:20 pm

Misery wrote:
Allright so this is quite possibly a fantastically terrible idea, but since there's someone else actually showing photos of this on here, including a costume photo, the caffiene tells me that I should join in and see what happens. As is often the case, I cannot disobey it.

Actually you look quite pretty on that costume of yours! :D :heart: I know it's a character from the Guilty Gear series but I don't know his/her name. Also where did you get it and/or what materials you used to build it? :) Also Don't get carried away from the pressure of people making fun of you, especially here in Wrong Planet. And I'd suggest you just think of this in mind whenever you feel like you're going to regret something like this: 'Don't let people make you feel ashamed to live your life the way you want to. It's your life, live it however you want.'

Misery wrote:

That nice brown hair of yours looks very nice! Your face looks feminine and honestly I don't find anything 'funny' about it, just reasons to consider you pretty!

Misery wrote:
First pic is, needless to say, a costume photo. My cosplay that I use at cons. Makes me bloody paranoid every time I do it, but I do it anyway. The second is just me as I normally look. I dont remember why I took that photo.

I understand you being paranoid whenever you cosplay in your costume in the first pic, but I'm glad you do it anyway. I bet your legs look very nice! :mrgreen: :heart:

Maybe you took the second foto because you know you're beautiful? :)

Misery wrote:
There, I have participated. Try not to laugh too hard. I may end up removing these later if the caffiene should lose it's grip.

Again, don't worry about me or anyone in Wrong Planet. We're here to help you and make you feel comfortable! :wink: What do you mean by " I may end up removing these later if the caffiene should lose it's grip"?

I'm really starting to like the way you look and dress up! Do you mind if I send you any PM's?

-Thomas Jefferson

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:06 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Misery wrote:

Actually you look quite pretty on that costume of yours! :D :heart: I know it's a character from the Guilty Gear series but I don't know his/her name. Also where did you get it and/or what materials you used to build it? :) Also Don't get carried away from the pressure of people making fun of you, especially here in Wrong Planet. And I'd suggest you just think of this in mind whenever you feel like you're going to regret something like this: 'Don't let people make you feel ashamed to live your life the way you want to. It's your life, live it however you want.'

That nice brown hair of yours looks very nice! Your face looks feminine and honestly I don't find anything 'funny' about it, just reasons to consider you pretty!

Misery wrote:

I understand you being paranoid whenever you cosplay in your costume in the first pic, but I'm glad you do it anyway. I bet your legs look very nice! :mrgreen: :heart:

Maybe you took the second foto because you know you're beautiful? :)

Misery wrote:

Again, don't worry about me or anyone in Wrong Planet. We're here to help you and make you feel comfortable! :wink: What do you mean by " I may end up removing these later if the caffiene should lose it's grip"?

I'm really starting to like the way you look and dress up! Do you mind if I send you any PM's?

Huh. Well, that's not quite what I expected to happen when these were seen... interesting. Perhaps at this point I should change my expectations, since what I keep expecting never seems to actually occur with this.

Either way though, I much appreciate the compliments on that... it really made my day, it did. Or what some people would call "day" as I'm about to go to bed here on my reversed schedule. Far as I'm concerned, it's nighttime. That the sun is still up is just a technicality.

Considering your new avatar, haha, I suspect you figured it out, but that character, his name is Bridget (yes, he's a boy). I actually used that name and a similar avatar image online for a LONG time, before this one, but the one thing about it is that regardless of what I look like or any of that, I cant match his endlessly happy and enthusiastic personality. I now use the name Misery, taken from a character by the same name, her being from Cave Story, since aside from liking her alot as well it turned out that HER personality and the way mine is IRL is almost identical. ....that and about a week into using the name even people who had no idea who she is kept telling me it was "fitting" so many times that I've stuck with it since. This just being because I'm so negative all the time, which I suppose is where the lack of confidence comes from.

Oh, and the caffiene line, that's me sorta being sarcastic and sorta not. If I have a bit too much caffiene, what passes for "self control" for me starts to break down and I may or may not do things I otherwise wouldnt have the courage to do. And I definitely had too much earlier, I wasnt really paying attention to how much I'd had (I'm supposed to watch that...). I figured, if I later decided that showing the pics here was a bloody horrible idea indeed, I could always just remove them. Looks like maybe I dont need to, though.

Also, yes, feel free to send me any PMs you like about anything at all. I'd be happy to receive them and I always reply immediately once I've logged on and seen that they are there.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:46 pm

I'm thinking of making a Cloud Strife Advent Children costume sometime. I was once Anakin Skywalker for Halloween [back before I knew how much I actually disliked the prequels...]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I'm thinking of making a Cloud Strife Advent Children costume sometime. I was once Anakin Skywalker for Halloween [back before I knew how much I actually disliked the prequels...]

Mee too! Although I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good wig to make Cloud's hair. I used to dress up as Darth Vader quite often as a kid during Halloween. He's my favorite Star Wars Character! :mrgreen: :heart:

-Thomas Jefferson