Page 5 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 9:42 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Misery wrote:

Did I mention that you're really enthusiastic? You're like my polar-opposite in that regard, it's entertaining.

Really!? :D :heart: I didn't quite expect that! I wouldn't have even thought you would find it entertaining!

Well, sure, a contrast like that can be quite entertaining, at least to me. I mean, such a high level of enthusiasm; makes me think of an excitable Labrador actually (I like animals alot, so most things remind me of them). Wheras I would be a rather disinterested cat in most cases.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
And you look fine in those too, though the second one did not load for me.

Strange, maybe the second one was too dark? Maybe it has something to do with your computer?

No no, I mean, it literally didnt load whatsoever. Page just gave an error.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
As for being surprised about skin exposure, ehhh, it's not so much that, more just that, when in costume, I tend to have a bit of trouble with the idea myself. Despite that my arms/legs are usually uncovered but I don't really count that. So when I see someone else doing it, it has an impact.

What kind of impact? :D :heart: Did I inspire you? :wink:

Hmm, it's just surprising, and so different from how I usually am that the difference is kinda striking. I dunno about being "inspired".... I wouldnt be wearing that kind of outfit myself anytime soon, if that's what you mean. Bare arms/shoulders/legs for Bridget and the back for Noel is about as far as I go with these. And the Noel one tend to make me even more paranoid than the Bridget one. I'm able to do it only because of typical autistic obsessiveness, in that I tend to get REALLY obsessive over characters I like. Since I like Noel that damn much, well... it's enough to just barely push me to do that outfit.

But I dont go further than that. Despite certain people I know occaisionally trying to get me to do so. Someone I know IRL every now and then will make the same damn suggestion, that I go as Mu-12 from Blazblue (which is actually Noel's transformed state). But THAT outfit? Ye gods, no. Not happening. Not.... happening. I'm not speaking of the "full combat" form where she's seriously close to naked (really, her butt is totally exposed the whole time... no, I dont know why...), I mean the outfit before Mu is fully in that state. There arent many good pics of it because everyone would rather look at the nearly-nude version, but if you look for it you can see the outfit I mean; I'm way too lazy at the moment to just drop a pic here.

One way or another though I really, REALLY dont know why in the hell he keeps suggesting that. Particularly since he's straight. It's got to be some sort of joke, he cant GENUINELY want to see that. ....probably. Though I say this knowing that straight guys sometimes get a tad strange around me.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
I wonder what you'd look like with long hair? It occurs to me that I tend to wonder about that in relation to people at times, hmm.

I really, really want a black long hair wig so badly!! ! ! It would totally make me feel like myself instead of a sad, feminine soul stuck in a man's body. But I will find get myself one some day!! ! Just you wait!! !

Hm, do you mind if I ask, are you trans, then?

Dont answer if you'd rather not; I'm just curious, that's all. I tend to be blunt with questions when I'm curious about... anything. Bugs people sometimes, but... bah, I ask anyway. I tend to be that way.

Also, wigs are pretty easy to get, really... you can get good ones online no problem. Though, I dunno, too expensive maybe? I know the price on those can vary wildly, some of them get a little absurd. And then there's shipping... Still, if you get the chance... try it! I'd be interested to see how it looks.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
I'm also used to Bridget, because of the cosplay.

And I feel stupid saying THIS one, and certain friends of mine never let me hear the end of it, but I'll also actually answer to "Rosette". WHY is this? Because I've been called by that name SO MANY TIMES at conventions that I started just answering to it automatically and I stopped bothering to correct people. Once my friends noticed this, it never ended.

Rosette being this character:

Is that Bridget!? :o I know it may not be her, but is "Chrono Crusade" somehow related to the Guilty Gear series?

No, no. The character's name is Rosette Christopher. She has no connection to Guilty Gear. But as you can see, there's just a few similarities to their overall look, so.... yeah. That's why I had the name flung at me so much. Bridget is fairly well known, but mostly to gaming fans, where as Chrono Crusade is a series that's been around for a long time, and Rosette is actually very well known overall. So everyone assumes I'm her. It was annoying for awhile but as I said, I eventually gave up correcting people.

Also, Bridget is actually male, heh. A huge part of why I was so attracted to the character.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
I cant even count the number of times I've been called by that name.

I've been tempted to do a cosplay of her simply because of this but have so far resisted. I'm not entirely sure I want to know what would happen if I actually did it.

You worry too much about everyone else's opinions. I'd say you give it a try anyway regardless of what might happen! Because if you feel good in that dress, nothing else matters. Just try it! :) :heart:

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most confident person ever when it comes to my appearance. As I said, I typically expect to be laughed at every time I go out in these cosplays, and I dont actually know how to pass for a girl. That the laughing never happens is... well, I've never been sure what to make of it. And I can never tell if people are saying nice things about it just to make me feel better or something; I'm not so good at determining that.

But no, part of the problem is that if I did that cosplay and it actually worked out well, then I'd *really* never hear the end of it. I can just hear the damn comments now: "Hah, we knew it, you've been Rosette all along!", friends would say. :roll: Over and over and OVER AND OVER again. My father would also make more rather lame jokes (if he found out again), because he tends to do that. It's always good-natured though. I dont think he's capable of NOT being good-natured. Pretty sure reality would split first.

But there's also the part where some people at cons get a little strange around me when I'm in costume. That can be a bit alarming when it happens...

Quote:
Misery wrote:
Also that would be a SECOND "I look like a freaking nun" outfit. It's probably strange enough that I even have one. Though I personally dont have a problem with it, really, I actually kinda like the hood thing for some reason.

Again, like I've said, if you love the dress, nothing else matters. I get that you want some variety but let me ask you this: are you doing this for other people (which you shouldn't care by the way :wink: ) or are you doing this because you really want variety? Sometimes you don't want variety at all (hence why we love Mario games despite all of them being the same :) )

It's hard to say. Sometimes I'm not always so clear on what I want. I've always blamed it on the autism, it goes along with the "confusion" aspect that tends to plague me. I can be REALLY indecisive. Even right now I'm already debating wether or not I should ACTUALLY do this.

....but that's a waste of time, isnt it, to debate it? I know how this works by now. Somehow or other, I'll bloody well end up doing it in the end either because I decide to, or because of another screwball chain of events that leads to it. Sometimes, I dont know why I bother trying to resist certain things.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
I've forgotten where else I was going with any of this. Probably nowhere that actually made any sense.

Don't think like that! :wink: :heart: Sometimes you say things that might seem "pointless" but in actuality it might be your soul speaking out something that it previously wasn't able to express.
[/quote]

I always just attributed it to the general confusion aspect :lol:

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 12:53 am

Misery wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Misery wrote:

Did I mention that you're really enthusiastic? You're like my polar-opposite in that regard, it's entertaining.

Really!? :D :heart: I didn't quite expect that! I wouldn't have even thought you would find it entertaining!

Well, sure, a contrast like that can be quite entertaining, at least to me. I mean, such a high level of enthusiasm; makes me think of an excitable Labrador actually (I like animals alot, so most things remind me of them). Wheras I would be a rather disinterested cat in most cases.

Quote:

Yeah, I always found dogs to be quite relatable. In fact I always pop my head out the widow of any car that isn't using air conditioning! Woof! Woof!

Misery wrote:
As for being surprised about skin exposure, ehhh, it's not so much that, more just that, when in costume, I tend to have a bit of trouble with the idea myself. Despite that my arms/legs are usually uncovered but I don't really count that. So when I see someone else doing it, it has an impact.

What kind of impact? :D :heart: Did I inspire you? :wink:

Misery wrote:
Hmm, it's just surprising, and so different from how I usually am that the difference is kinda striking. I dunno about being "inspired".... I wouldnt be wearing that kind of outfit myself anytime soon, if that's what you mean. Bare arms/shoulders/legs for Bridget and the back for Noel is about as far as I go with these. And the Noel one tend to make me even more paranoid than the Bridget one. I'm able to do it only because of typical autistic obsessiveness, in that I tend to get REALLY obsessive over characters I like. Since I like Noel that damn much, well... it's enough to just barely push me to do that outfit.

But I dont go further than that. Despite certain people I know occaisionally trying to get me to do so. Someone I know IRL every now and then will make the same damn suggestion, that I go as Mu-12 from Blazblue (which is actually Noel's transformed state). But THAT outfit? Ye gods, no. Not happening. Not.... happening. I'm not speaking of the "full combat" form where she's seriously close to naked (really, her butt is totally exposed the whole time... no, I dont know why...), I mean the outfit before Mu is fully in that state. There arent many good pics of it because everyone would rather look at the nearly-nude version, but if you look for it you can see the outfit I mean; I'm way too lazy at the moment to just drop a pic here.

One way or another though I really, REALLY dont know why in the hell he keeps suggesting that. Particularly since he's straight. It's got to be some sort of joke, he cant GENUINELY want to see that. ....probably. Though I say this knowing that straight guys sometimes get a tad strange around me.

I dunno, maybe he's an open-minded streight guy who wants to see a sexy transgender like you? That's about all I can guess from what you said of that "someone" you know in real life. If a streight guy would fall in love with me I'd just play along with it, Kissing, dating and romanticizing all they way while hoping that he might still love me despite me being a man in actuality. I hope that turns out alright though... :?

Misery wrote:
I wonder what you'd look like with long hair? It occurs to me that I tend to wonder about that in relation to people at times, hmm.

I really, really want a black long hair wig so badly!! ! ! It would totally make me feel like myself instead of a sad, feminine soul stuck in a man's body. But I will find get myself one some day!! ! Just you wait!! !

Misery wrote:
Hm, do you mind if I ask, are you trans, then?

Dont answer if you'd rather not; I'm just curious, that's all. I tend to be blunt with questions when I'm curious about... anything. Bugs people sometimes, but... bah, I ask anyway. I tend to be that way.

Also, wigs are pretty easy to get, really... you can get good ones online no problem. Though, I dunno, too expensive maybe? I know the price on those can vary wildly, some of them get a little absurd. And then there's shipping... Still, if you get the chance... try it! I'd be interested to see how it looks.

Well you could say I am, I've never felt anywhere close to comfortable with my male body (no matter how hard I try) even when I try to be "manly". Ugh! :eew: It just feels gross to me for some reason (maybe because I'm trans).

Let me it this way: In my heart I am a transgender no matter what I say or do. but when It comes to my reasoning mind I'm not really sure if I truly am transgender. Is there any reliable way or technique of finding out you're transgender? How did you find out about your true gender yourself?

Don't worry, you can ask whatever you want with me! :wink: :heart:

Well I just found a good wig on ebay. The thing is; I don't want my parents to find out...Yet. Well I hope they find out cause the're gonna have to know about it sooner or later! *Confident smile and points finger at you*

Misery wrote:
I'm also used to Bridget, because of the cosplay.

And I feel stupid saying THIS one, and certain friends of mine never let me hear the end of it, but I'll also actually answer to "Rosette". WHY is this? Because I've been called by that name SO MANY TIMES at conventions that I started just answering to it automatically and I stopped bothering to correct people. Once my friends noticed this, it never ended.

Rosette being this character:

Is that Bridget!? :o I know it may not be her, but is "Chrono Crusade" somehow related to the Guilty Gear series?
Quote:

No, no. The character's name is Rosette Christopher. She has no connection to Guilty Gear. But as you can see, there's just a few similarities to their overall look, so.... yeah. That's why I had the name flung at me so much. Bridget is fairly well known, but mostly to gaming fans, where as Chrono Crusade is a series that's been around for a long time, and Rosette is actually very well known overall. So everyone assumes I'm her. It was annoying for awhile but as I said, I eventually gave up correcting people.

Also, Bridget is actually male, heh. A huge part of why I was so attracted to the character.

Quote:
Misery wrote:
I cant even count the number of times I've been called by that name.

I've been tempted to do a cosplay of her simply because of this but have so far resisted. I'm not entirely sure I want to know what would happen if I actually did it.

You worry too much about everyone else's opinions. I'd say you give it a try anyway regardless of what might happen! Because if you feel good in that dress, nothing else matters. Just try it! :) :heart:

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most confident person ever when it comes to my appearance. As I said, I typically expect to be laughed at every time I go out in these cosplays, and I dont actually know how to pass for a girl. That the laughing never happens is... well, I've never been sure what to make of it. And I can never tell if people are saying nice things about it just to make me feel better or something; I'm not so good at determining that.

But no, part of the problem is that if I did that cosplay and it actually worked out well, then I'd *really* never hear the end of it. I can just hear the damn comments now: "Hah, we knew it, you've been Rosette all along!", friends would say. :roll: Over and over and OVER AND OVER again.

Y'know what's ironic? Whenever I think of me in a situation like that, cosplaying as a female character in a comic-con-esque convention, I always picture myself walking around happily as if I were a little girl in a park, even with my worried thought that go like "What if people are gonna make a bug fuzz about this? I mean, a lot of people around here are Christian, including my friends, family, ect.".

...Honestly I just want to express who I really am on the inside...which is a lovely, young woman with tan skin and coal-black hair who's yearning to come out of this masculine and incompatible masculine body of which I am ashamed to admit that it is mine.

^accurate depiction of how my inner female feels about this right now.

All I can say is that you should embrace Rosette for who she is even if she's not your favorite character. Get to know her, find out about her origin story and try your best to cosplay (imitate) her. Maybe then you'll find some joy among your friends that maybe you have missed out on, most likely because they wanted to have fun with you as Rosette. Go ahead try it, you won't regret it.

Misery wrote:
My father would also make more rather lame jokes (if he found out again), because he tends to do that. It's always good-natured though. I dont think he's capable of NOT being good-natured. Pretty sure reality would split first.

Actually that sounds like how my father would react if he found out about my crossdressing secret (which I hope he does, but not in the way that would make completely misunderstand the situation :roll: )

Also I think your father's "good-natured" personality isn't far from different from my dad's character in general. Pretty charismatic man, the only fault is that he's more likely to misunderstand things than my mom would, but again, he's "good-natured". :wink:

Misery wrote:
But there's also the part where some people at cons get a little strange around me when I'm in costume. That can be a bit alarming when it happens...

If people actually even try to make fun of me because of me being a transgender, crossdresser gay, ect. I'd be like:

and move on like this:

Misery wrote:
Also that would be a SECOND "I look like a freaking nun" outfit. It's probably strange enough that I even have one. Though I personally dont have a problem with it, really, I actually kinda like the hood thing for some reason.

Well since you seem to like nun characters here are a few pictures of even more nun characters! :D :heart:

"Battle sister, Chocolat" from Cardfight Vanguard (a trading card game)

"Battle sister, Cocoa" from vanguard again

...And that'ss about it for now since If I look for more nun characters it'll get really inappropriate for WP and its users. :?

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Again, like I've said, if you love the dress, nothing else matters. I get that you want some variety but let me ask you his: are you doing this for other people (which you shouldn't care by the way :wink: ) or are you doing this because you really want variety? Sometimes you don't want variety at all (hence why we love Mario games despite all of them being the same :) )

Misery wrote:
It's hard to say. Sometimes I'm not always so clear on what I want. I've always blamed it on the autism, it goes along with the "confusion" aspect that tends to plague me. I can be REALLY indecisive. Even right now I'm already debating wether or not I should ACTUALLY do this.

Yeah it happens to me too, this "confusion" aspect of autism. It really tends to baffle me and I usually tend to over think the origins of the cofusion as well as many other things (a trait of mine that I've yet to master how to control/handle it).

Misery wrote:
....but that's a waste of time, isnt it, to debate it? I know how this works by now. Somehow or other, I'll bloody well end up doing it in the end either because I decide to, or because of another screwball chain of events that leads to it. Sometimes, I dont know why I bother trying to resist certain things.

Isn't that what they call 'destiny'? Maybe it is our destiny to become and express ourselves as the gender opposite to our own? :) :heart:

-Thomas Jefferson

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 2:28 pm

Quote:
Well you could say I am, I've never felt anywhere close to comfortable with my male body (no matter how hard I try) even when I try to be "manly". Ugh! :eew: It just feels gross to me for some reason (maybe because I'm trans).

Hm, I dont really do "manly" either, though in my case I dont really bother trying; it'd take effort. Effort is the enemy.

Quote:
Let me it this way: In my heart I am a transgender no matter what I say or do. but when It comes to my reasoning mind I'm not really sure if I truly am transgender. Is there any reliable way or technique of finding out you're transgender? How did you find out about your true gender yourself?

Hm, I dunno about "true gender" really. I guess "androgynous" best describes me, at least in theory. But I dunno that that's a gender. Frankly the whole thing confuses me. People have so many ideas on what gender is and isnt. It's confusing.

Quote:

Hah, same with me really. I'd rather people just be blunt with the questions rather than hiding it. It's annoying.

Quote:
Y'know what's ironic? Whenever I think of me in a situation like that, cosplaying as a female character in a comic-con-esque convention, I always picture myself walking around happily as if I were a little girl in a park, even with my worried thought that go like "What if people are gonna make a bug fuzz about this? I mean, a lot of people around here are Christian, including my friends, family, ect.".

...Honestly I just want to express who I really am on the inside...which is a lovely, young woman with tan skin and coal-black hair who's yearning to come out of this masculine and incompatible masculine body of which I am ashamed to admit that it is mine.

Yes, I suppose it's like being in a park, if that park is filled with Gundams, ninjas, or even the occaisional random talking animatronic donkey head (that's not made up either...)

The good thing about anime cons is that... to a point... you can express yourself in that way. The bad thing about anime-cons is that it ends up really being about appearance. If people dont think you look good, well... they'll bluntly tell you so. I've watched that happen to people doing opposite-gender cosplays before... it's not pretty. Actually managing to look like the opposite gender or look good in outfits like those is, for most, not at all easy. That's why I tend to get so nervous about it, because I've seen how bad it can go.

But if that doesnt happen, well... you can do what you want. You dont have to conform to "normal" there, because "normal" is a shopping cart filled with old US presidents that goes screaming down the hallway with a boombox playing some song that made no sense. Which is to say, there is no "normal".

You might like the whole experience, though. If you lived around here I'd say you could join me at one; I go to alot of them, as there's nothing resembling a reason not to, at least in my case.

Quote:

All I can say is that you should embrace Rosette for who she is even if she's not your favorite character. Get to know her, find out about her origin story and try your best to cosplay (imitate) her. Maybe then you'll find some joy among your friends that maybe you have missed out on, most likely because they wanted to have fun with you as Rosette. Go ahead try it, you won't regret it.

Well, there's one other thing that kinda gives me trouble with a character like that, which is the same thing that has always given me trouble with Bridget, which is my temperament.

Just to give a very easy to understand and very accurate explanation, let me just point out this character:

If you know who THAT is, then... yeah. You can probably see the problem. My personality is alot like that of Misery, but my temperament is that of Blanc. This actually only just occurred to me a few minutes ago but the more I think about it, the more accurate it definitely seems.

That sort of mood for me is pretty much perpetual, as it is with Blanc there. The difference being that I cant just rip a giant digital axe thing out of the air when enraged.

But yeah, that gets in the way of the muuuuuuuuuuuuuch happier characters like Bridget or Rosette. Doesnt make them completely not work, but it sure as hell doesnt help, that's for sure. People really notice that sort of thing.

Quote:
Misery wrote:

If people actually even try to make fun of me because of me being a transgender, crossdresser gay, ect. I'd be like:

and move on like this:

Not QUITE what I meant... that's people being jerks. I mean people being WEIRD. Being hit on by a straight guy who is fully aware that I'm male, for instance. That's happened a few times (and not just at cons...). Or people trying to get just a BIT too close, or sometimes, well, unwanted physical contact.... it gets a little strange, yes. I've noticed that crowd can be very uninhibited in some ways. Very enthusiastic group.

Quote:

Well since you seem to like nun characters here are a few pictures of even more nun characters! :D :heart:

My instant reaction to this one is typically "Bah, I dont have a thing for nun characters", which I was about to type something like that, but then I remember her:

And I sorta run outta steam.

Quote:
...And that'ss about it for now since If I look for more nun characters it'll get really inappropriate for WP and its users. :?

Probably, yes. Not that *I* mind "inappropriate" but, cant have that on the forums, nope. Whatever "that" happens to be at the time.

Haha, this conversation just keeps getting more interesting/entertaining.

I'm curious, if you ever DID do a cosplay as a female character, who might you do?

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 4:06 pm

Misery wrote:
Quote:

Hm, I dont really do "manly" either, though in my case I dont really bother trying; it'd take effort. Effort is the enemy.
Yeah I know right!? everytime I do the 'manly' or 'brute' things I used to do before I discovered my true gender indentity I just that I was acting out-of-character to my true personality.

Quote:

Hah, same with me really. I'd rather people just be blunt with the questions rather than hiding it. It's annoying.
Yeah I agree. Honesty is ore comfortable than subtlety.

Misery wrote:
The good thing about anime cons is that... to a point... you can express yourself in that way. The bad thing about anime-cons is that it ends up really being about appearance. If people dont think you look good, well... they'll bluntly tell you so. I've watched that happen to people doing opposite-gender cosplays before... it's not pretty. Actually managing to look like the opposite gender or look good in outfits like those is, for most, not at all easy. That's why I tend to get so nervous about it, because I've seen how bad it can go.

How can you tell if it's a anime con or not? Just want to watch out so that I can come prepared. :wink: :heart:

Misery wrote:
But if that doesnt happen, well... you can do what you want. You dont have to conform to "normal" there, because "normal" is a shopping cart filled with old US presidents that goes screaming down the hallway with a boombox playing some song that made no sense. Which is to say, there is no "normal".

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! Time to put in my drag for whatever con is out for 2016! :mrgreen: :sunny: :heart:

Misery wrote:
You might like the whole experience, though. If you lived around here I'd say you could join me at one; I go to alot of them, as there's nothing resembling a reason not to, at least in my case.

No I will LOVE IT!! ! It will be the time of my life when I get to a con in a dress (but it's not gonna be the 'end of the world' for me if I don't get on a drag :wink: just hope I won't do that too often :(

Quote:

Well, there's one other thing that kinda gives me trouble with a character like that, which is the same thing that has always given me trouble with Bridget, which is my temperament.

Just to give a very easy to understand and very accurate explanation, let me just point out this character:

If you know who THAT is, then... yeah. You can probably see the problem. My personality is alot like that of Misery, but my temperament is that of Blanc. This actually only just occurred to me a few minutes ago but the more I think about it, the more accurate it definitely seems.

That sort of mood for me is pretty much perpetual, as it is with Blanc there. The difference being that I cant just rip a giant digital axe thing out of the air when enraged.

But yeah, that gets in the way of the muuuuuuuuuuuuuch happier characters like Bridget or Rosette. Doesnt make them completely not work, but it sure as hell doesnt help, that's for sure. People really notice that sort of thing.

Quote:
Misery wrote:

and move on like this:

Not QUITE what I meant... that's people being jerks. I mean people being WEIRD. Being hit on by a straight guy who is fully aware that I'm male, for instance. That's happened a few times (and not just at cons...). Or people trying to get just a BIT too close, or sometimes, well, unwanted physical contact.... it gets a little strange, yes. I've noticed that crowd can be very uninhibited in some ways. Very enthusiastic group.

Again, like I said (or maybe I didn't? I may have forgotten to write it or maybe it got erased and then I forgot to write it? :scratch: Bah! Nevermind. :) ) Maybe the guys who hit on you are open-minded and they want to experiment with different types of girls, including trans.

Misery wrote:

What do you mean by that? :|

Misery wrote:

I'm curious, if you ever DID do a cosplay as a female character, who might you do?

No, I haven't done a female cosplay yet. So far I've managed to cosplay as Link (from Zelda) and Pit (from Kid Icarus: Uprising/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

If I were to cosplay a female character (which would be wonderful! :mrgreen: :heart: ) it would be the cheerful type of characters (like Bridget for example! :D Hey since you don't seem to like Bridget's personality that much you can send your Brdget costume via mail? (i'll give you my address) I'd really appreciate it! :) :heart: )

I was also thinking about coplaying Hastune Miku, here's a picture of her:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 7:46 pm

^You've cosplayed as Pit? That's awesome! Did you know that Pit is voiced by a woman? 8O
Do you know what, making a Zelda or Samus costume might be fun [I was once Zero Suit Samus for Halloween]!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

(sorry for the mess I made in my last post. Here's the correction:)

Quote:

Yeah I agree. Honesty is ore comfortable than subtlety.

Misery wrote:

How can you tell if it's a anime con or not? Just want to watch out so that I can come prepared. :wink: :heart:

Misery wrote:

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! Time to put in my drag for whatever con is out for 2016! :mrgreen: :sunny: :heart:

Misery wrote:

No I will LOVE IT!! ! It will be the time of my life when I get to a con in a dress (but it's not gonna be the 'end of the world' for me if I don't get on a drag :wink: just hope I won't do that too often :(

Quote:

Again, like I said (or maybe I didn't? I may have forgotten to write it or maybe it got erased and then I forgot to write it? :scratch: Bah! Nevermind. :) ) Maybe the guys who hit on you are open-minded and they want to experiment with different types of girls, including trans.

Misery wrote:

Misery wrote:

No, I haven't done a female cosplay yet. So far I've managed to cosplay as Link (from Zelda) and Pit (from Kid Icarus: Uprising/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

If I were to cosplay a female character (which would be wonderful! :mrgreen: :heart: ) it would be the cheerful type of characters (like Bridget for example! :D Hey since you don't seem to like Bridget's personality that much you can send your Brdget costume via mail? (i'll give you my address) I'd really appreciate it! :) :heart: )

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.[/quote]

-Thomas Jefferson

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I was once Zero Suit Samus for Halloween!

Just out of curiosity... do pictures exist? :mrgreen:

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
[I was once Zero Suit Samus for Halloween]!

How did you get/make the costume!? :) :heart:

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:06 am

I used a blue shirt that I still have, blue pants that I can't remember where I got them from, a toy pistol, blue gloves that I have since lost, boots, and a blonde wig. Also, no pictures.
Merry Christmas, by the way! :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:12 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
a blonde wig

Dayum Kura! I'm very pleased by that notion. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas! :santa:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

^You're...pleased at the thought of me in a blonde wig? 8O Well, then... :oops:

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:21 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^You're...pleased at the thought of me in a blonde wig? 8O Well, then... :oops:

I would be very pleased as well! :wink: :heart: Also, I have a blonde wig at my house as well, what a coincidence!

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

^ :heart: :oops: :D I use my wig for my Fai Fluorite costume these days. Maybe one day I'll be able to let you borrow my costume so you can try it on! [I hope you liked my special Christmas message to you! :heart: ]

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 12:29 pm

Quote:

Well, the best way to put it, is that MOST cons are anime types. Well, technically anime & gaming usually, they're almost always both at the same time. Makes sense, the two often go together! I'm usually more on the gaming side of things myself. I've always liked anime well enough but I dont actually watch that much of it these days, typically I'd rather just read the manga. But the gaming is always there. My costumes are always game characters, really.

I only have so many though. And there's some that I wouldnt mind doing (like Blanc) but just havent done due to not feeling that I could pull off the look (I could look AMAZINGLY ANGRY all the time, sure, but she's also really small, among other things...). ....also some costumes (Blanc again) are very complicated. The more complicated, the higher the cost! ...granted, these days it doesnt all that much matter what I spend, but still. When looking for a new costume, that's something to always keep in mind.

Also, this is where I go to find out about cons: anime-cons.com

As far as I know, most known ones are listed there. But, I cant say for sure when it comes to other countries (I'm in the US). There may be better sites for places that arent the US. It looks like you're not in the US, so it may be worth using the amazing power of Google to see what you can learn about possible cons that are reachable from your location!

Quote:

Yep, you can do/wear pretty much whatever you want at these. You could make an outfit out of cardboard Mountain Dew boxes if you wanted (seen that, more than once, was hilarious). Doesnt really matter, you just do whatever.

Quote:

If you "dont get on a drag"? I dont understand the phrasing here. Happens with me alot.

Quote:

I can sorta get that, but... I'm not trans though; considering that I"m bloody lazy about, well, everything, I dont actually use all that much makeup and such. I have like, ONE stick of the stuff and it's just to cover up what my godforsaken electric razor misses. Or at least, in theory. Frankly, I dont understand how the whole damn "passing" thing works half the time or if I'm even going in the right direction with it. I went out to the local Wal-mart about, oh, a week ago I think, and I THOUGHT I hadnt shaved all that well that day; I'd been lazy about it and just did it quickly. I figured, feh, nobody's going to really see me today, I'm just going to the store very briefly. Got there, was immediately mistaken for a girl (???) so... yeah. I dont even...

Still though, I'm aware I'm kinda feminine in appearance at times but... I dunno that it's far enough for THAT to really happen. What trans people I've seen typically look alot further down that road, much closer to "passing".

I dunno. It's confusing. You know how it is, with the autism... it just makes it so that stuff like this makes even less sense. Sometimes I just smile and nod as if I have a clue as to what's going on. I often dont!

Quote:
Misery wrote:

"Run out of Steam" sorta means to run down, run out of energy, sorta lose enthusiasm, come to a halt... things along that line. What I meant was, yeah, normally I'd rebuke the idea of liking nun characters specifically, but then Index there came to mind, and with her being ANOTHER one I like, well.... yeah. I couldnt really manage to rebuke anything at all after that hit me, ugh.

Quote:

No no, I could never part with that... it has too much meaning to me. Hard to explain. One way or another he's my favorite one to cosplay, really. I just want to get some others too.

That, and with costumes, there's always the issue of size to consider. My outfits are always specifically tailored to me, which is something you want to try to do with any costume. Note that I *dont* make these myself, haha. That'd be a horrible disaster. I get them elsewhere. There's all sorts of places you can go to have costumes made for you. Just be sure you have measurements, and reference materials (pics of the character).

Quote:

Of course I'd feel great in any female cosplay, it doesn't have to just be limited to cheeful characters only.
[/quote]

That's not a bad idea, aside from the Wig of Doom there.

Vocaloid characters are actually well-known, so you'd actually get some notice. More obscure characters tend to be ignored more.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself. I was only in heels and a dress for 9 days, then got out of the routine.
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:03 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:
Yes, I have tried cross dressing. Although I was out to seek revenge from an '80s singer who posed for Playboy, I was only hurting myself.

Why did you wanted to have revenge on that singer?

hvtitan08 wrote:
I was in France in 1916 at the Somme under heavy bombardment from my dad yelling at me telling to take it off, so I was compelled to fix my bayonet to my rifle, go over the top into no-man's land, and stop the routine.

So you basically went out of your way to make sure you stop your crossdressing routine?

-Thomas Jefferson