Is there any other non-binary people here?

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:40 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I get perceived as feminine a lot. I have feminine taste and I like things with exotic colors and floral patterns plus I hate getting dirty and having to work too hard.

My Mom is straight but she is a tomboy and she honestly acts more like a guy than I do lol.

My Mom also says that I am more tender hearted than any female she knows.

You're a Sweet Pea. :heart:

machai
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

Well....kinda? sometimes?

Sexually, I self identify as winkte (from my own Native American culture). I like the label nadleeh from the Navajo and find its meaning more appropriate. Most others know winkte and nadleeh as "two-spirit" - a term which, while unifying, is misleading.

However, I realize that I will be seen as a gay man by the majority of society. And I am OK with that label as well. The winkte label is reserved for close friends, family and my cultural community. Winkte is a gender identity, but as it is also culture specific, I do not ask those that are not part of my community to see me as anything other than male. In fact, when non-Natives identify me as two-spirit I get kinda freaked out (I start watching for signs of cultural appropriations, and have yet to be disappointed).

However, I do not see any reason for following a western gender-normative role. I am under no obligation to fulfill your expectations. I have long hair (again i AM Native American, but it has gotten me "ma'am"-ed a lot). I put polish on toe nails. So they can see me as a gay man..."shrugs". But I am amused how many times my bearing and appearance do leave people confused. I actually had a credit card company require that I go to the police station and have them call the company after they verified that I was indeed male. Embarrassing for everyone, but also amusing to me. My voice, and speech inflections are rather feminine I guess. I am OK with the chaos and ambiguity I create around me. I'm not the one confused.

If anything, its the LGBT community that has the biggest difficulty with my non-binariness. The winkte stuff kinda freaks out the LBGT community. Or rather, they are the least respectful of the cultural considerations that it brings. They seem to feel offended that I value my Native American heritage over my sexuality - without understanding that for me they are the same thing. I cannot be winkte without being Native American. As a Native American, and given my spirit, I could not be anything other than winkte. But there is no barrier to also being a gay man (I will just always be at the edge of the LGBT community).

Siegz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2018, 5:41 pm

I discovered recently that I'm non binary. I've known my whole life that I didn't feel like a boy or a girl, but I didn't know what to call it, and the words "non-binary" or "gender non-conforming" conjured images in my mind of an irritating outrage culture that I don't want to be a part of. But after actually taking the time to read about these things, everything started to fall into place and a bunch of confusing stuff from my past suddenly started making sense. It was a very similar "aha!" feeling to when I found out I was on the spectrum. I definitely look like a girl even though I wear almost exclusively men's clothes at this point, but I really don't care what other people see me as or what they call me because I know what I am. I hate the stereotype that non binary people want attention. I'm painfully shy and awkward; the less attention on me, the better!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:53 pm

The thing that hurts is when your own parents are in denial that you're Trans. Trust me, I've been there many times. I was headed into the handicapped washroom at the hospital just yesterday and my mum asked, "Where are you going? You're supposed to be headed into this washroom. The Ladies Room. I banged around in the cubicle that I was using and let out a couple of quiet grumbles.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:20 pm

^ Hugs.
There's always someone who needs to justify their existence by pointing out how 'wrong' we are.

Once again I'm back to feeling like nothing about me aligns. :(

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 9:47 pm

I'm not transgender but I do often wish I could have been born female. I'm happy being a guy who likes other guys though.

SpacePuppy
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2018, 7:45 am

I'm non-binary. I spent most of my life forcing myself to conform to female gender expectations (often without much success), but have finally allowed myself to accept that I don't fit into either binary gender category. I just don't feel like I'm a man or a woman.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 5:41 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I get perceived as feminine a lot. I have feminine taste and I like things with exotic colors and floral patterns plus I hate getting dirty and having to work too hard.

My Mom is straight but she is a tomboy and she honestly acts more like a guy than I do lol.

My Mom also says that I am more tender hearted than any female she knows.

You're a Sweet Pea. :heart:

Awww thanks! :D :heart:

Hsingai
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2018, 12:08 am

I was born a male but everyone that's not family refers to me as a female even though as a Sikh I have a full beard.

I dress in men's clothes, but behave like a female.

I feel I should have a vagina instead of a scrotum and testes.

I identify as a Futanari crossdresser.

I'm not sure if I would like the lines at the women's restroom though.

I'm luck it's safe for me to use the men's restroom. My father who was transgender couldn't dress as a girl because he would freak people out using the men's room and was afraid to be caught with a dick in the women's room.