Spending some money on headphones is worth it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 1:41 am

For sure for quite some time I never saw the point in getting expensive headphones. But I finally gave into getting a pair they started at 145$ but there was some customization options and I wanted the 3D printed dragon scale 'shield' design. These headphones have different outer cover options for the part that goes over your ear called shields, and you can get custom ones. So by ordering custom shields it brought the price up to 300$, but it came with the original black shield as well as a metal color shield that is almost like a mirror so I can switch it from black plates, silver mirror like plates or the dragon scales or I can mix and match if I want so that is kind of cool. It is a little tricky because they attach with tiny screws but luckily came with tiny screw tools so yeah to switch out the plates you have to unscrew them and then screw the new one into place with the little tool that comes with.

But that is all aesthetic....as for the sound they sound amazing, and the noise cancellation is effective...I mean granted if you have nothing playing you can hear more around you, but if you put music on there is no hearing the outside world. Like I have them in right now and I cannot even hear myself typing on the keyboard at all, like the only way I can tell I am typing is by pysically feeling that the keys are going down when I press them. But yeah this just may be good enough to cancel when people are playing loud bass and such in other apartments, I could just put these on and be in my own world and be able to ignore that. But other than that they do sound really good, like they sound better than the bose sound bar I got for my T.V. the bose soundbar is way better than the sound my t.v was giving out but these headphones even beat that.

If anyone is interested I got V-moda headphones, not trying to advertise but after talking them up I figured I'd at least mention what kind they are. But yeah if your looking for headphones I would recommend at least taking a look at theirs....the sound is just so good, better than any skullcandy headphones I've bought.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 1:45 am

My roommate just got some, I was impressed too. I like my Audio Technicas quite a lot but for outright features the V Modas are top notch.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 2:00 am

cberg wrote:
My roommate just got some, I was impressed too. I like my Audio Technicas quite a lot but for outright features the V Modas are top notch.

I had to get some because my brother got their currently cheapest pair which are some on ear headphones, those sounded good and I liked the look so I just had to get some. But I have always wanted some good over ear headphones...but was afraid to buy a pair becasue I didn't want to spend the money and be dissapointed but with how good those headphones he had seemed I figured it was worth taking the plunge. So I went for a pair of over-ear ones and so far I am liking them a lot.

But yeah on the description for the ones I ordered it said they had some input from Musicians and DJs as for quality and design so to me that sounded legit. I am not either of those but I am sure if anyone knows about headphone quality it would be people who make music.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 2:02 am

Side note: Early pink floyd is well, even better on these headphones.....I always liked it but never heard it sounding so good before. Uhh ohh I wonder how the ummagumma album sounds on these, especially the part with the bees or flys buzzing.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 2:11 am

They don't noise cancel but I think the quality is comparable on these, it's particularly awesome if one wishes to nerd out on the headphone accessories; I got a cheap little USB powered amp that I use on occasion for intense listening like Floyd & such but I also have a mic boom for mine I can video chat with.

Most days they sound nice enough even through the cheaper mic cable.

Side note no Bluetooth for me just due to preference but there are new models of these with it as well as adapters. They also isolate noise quite a bit at least.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Feb 2021, 12:42 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Uhh ohh I wonder how the ummagumma album sounds on these, especially the part with the bees or flys buzzing.
:lol: You'd better lay down in a darkened room for that one. That's all I'm saying. :wink:

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 2:50 pm

I got some nice headphones (don't know the make) for my birthday a couple years ago and they're very good. It's definitely worth it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 2:50 am

Cornflake wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Uhh ohh I wonder how the ummagumma album sounds on these, especially the part with the bees or flys buzzing.
:lol: You'd better lay down in a darkened room for that one. That's all I'm saying. :wink:

Perhaps, though may be a little something else I would have to add to get the full effect, if you know what I mean :twisted:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 Feb 2021, 8:19 am

:lol: Absolutely. Been there, done that (microdot), socks blown off. Survived.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 6:57 pm

I'd like to see a company make a foray into off ear headphones, which seem like a logical extension of open backs. I've only seen them developed on platforms like Indiegogo, but I'd like to see what a proper brand like Shure or Sennheiser could do with the idea.

Until then I'll stick with my Sennheiser 598s.