Anyone know anything about electro-swing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 1:50 am

Not sure that is even the right name for it, but its that newer music that sounds like old swing music mixed with some electronic type music. Anyways I really like it and so I have been trying to find some on youtube and spotify but I don't really know of any good bands in particular so does anyone here have any good recommendations? Or has anyone here even heard any of the music I am talking about and if so what do you think of it?

I don't even know why I like it, I mean it is quite a change from a lot of the metal and rock I listen to.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2018, 7:17 am

I do I love electric swing and electro funk. There is also some glitch hop that somewhat fits into electro swing genre.

A band you can look at is 11 Acorn Lane

D6515
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2018, 5:07 pm

YES, adore it. :mrgreen:

Postmodern Jukebox and Parov Stelar I especially love. I want to see the former in concert.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 5:27 pm

Didn't realize that "electro swing" was a thing, but I recently stumbled upon "Swing Republic" that seems to be an example of what you're talking about. In fact I played this song on my public access radio show recently (to make fun of the Tide Pod Challenge).