Page 5 of 105 [ 1674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 1:57 pm

Hey lemon, something else about your tunes - don't know if your familiar with Adam X but I think you'd like his stuff, I wouldn't say 100% similar to yours but very similar in terms of mood and texture (the driving ideas albeit a bit more concrete/NYC'ish). I still say also while I like all your tunes I'm still really liking something about the mood in Creature.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 5:39 pm

sorry, don't know him (you know i'm more of a loner in the dessert when it comes to music) maybe you have some link ?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 8:26 pm

A loner? Heh, hardly - I mean its good and original but when I hear that stuff I definitely feel like I'm out in the sunshine at some 3 day festival surrounded by other raver kids and watching some oldskool Detroit or NYC techno don like Steve Stoll, Adam X, T1000, Mike Dearborn, etc. Yeah, I'll try to find you something though it may also be Mark EG or Steve Stoll (they actually had a live set together and I'd love to hear that one).

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:18 am

:D that's a nice compliment, i think that's one of the most beautiful sensations i can imaging
in fact i meant i don't know anything about music, i've got a few things and that's it
(when i was younger there were a few experimental radioprograms that was great)
but now i tend to listen to the same things over and over again
so when i'm making this music it's like a witch without a recipebook, restless till i found something to like.

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2007, 6:04 pm

lemon: I like to listen to that kind of music when I'm working with something. It distracts some part of my brain, and lets the others work freely.
I'm actually interested in releasing something form you on my lo-bitrate netlabel. Give me a private message if you're interested.
Also, I think you should listen to the album Snatch by Howie B, maybe you'll like it.

Also, some new music of mine:
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/grabberb-2.mp3 (Short snippets, variants of the same thing)
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/grabber3-2.mp3
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/n ... epmode.mp3 (Something for mr t3chst3p? (: )
(These are unmastered and unfinished as usual)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

nitro2k01 wrote:
lemon: I like to listen to that kind of music when I'm working with something. It distracts some part of my brain, and lets the others work freely.
I'm actually interested in releasing something form you on my lo-bitrate netlabel. Give me a private message if you're interested.
Also, I think you should listen to the album Snatch by Howie B, maybe you'll like it.

Also, some new music of mine:
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/grabberb-2.mp3 (Short snippets, variants of the same thing)
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/grabber3-2.mp3
http://localhosted.net/~nitro2k01/mp3/n ... epmode.mp3 (Something for mr t3chst3p? (: )
(These are unmastered and unfinished as usual)

Very good, first couple kinda fall along the lines of breakbeat hardcore whereas the last is a nice experimental. A lot of times when I listen to this as well I also really see the weaknesses in my own production, mine tends to really fall back too much on repetition I think because I get too overwhelmed after a certain point in terms of adding much more, computing in the complexity, and having the kind of crazy structure you need to have something really free-flow and be loaded with those kinds of one-time effects that really separate someone who's really good with this stuff from someone who's just kinda average. The other thing that really seems to be tricky is being able to summon the kinds of sounds you want without having to absorb so much effort into it that it interferes with the creative process, when you can do that you have a lot of your major obstacles pretty much licked (the stuff you, Shleed, and Lemon are doing I really can't give enough props to).

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2007, 11:40 am

t3chst3p, I'm feeling you there. Too often I just keep copying and pasting and get nowhere. But I figured that it has very much to do with the tools I use. Right now I'm using a tracker, Renoise for composition. To me it has a logical structure, gives a good overview of the tracks, and encourages small edits, so that helps me a lot. I also have a paranoia that my tunes are gonna sound too simplistic, when in fact sometimes what I think is simplistic, is way over the top for some people who don't listen to electronic music. But this paranoia makes me give too early, too often.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2007, 2:49 pm

www.youtube.com/user/M0AN3R

The videos TheMachine1 created which I am eternally grateful for, and I created the music.

Those aren't all the songs. TheMachine1 has still got more of my songs on my upcoming album to turn into videos. :)

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2007, 7:38 am

I'm too nervous to post my band up here just yet, so for now here's some solo stuff.

Just me mucking around at home with the blues:

www.myspace.com/kevinlennonsolo

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 2:48 pm

I tried joining Myspace, but it says I'm already a member. :?

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 8:00 am

Alternative wrote:
I tried joining Myspace, but it says I'm already a member. :?

you or mister bean? :wink:

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2007, 9:01 am

That's odd.

Must mean you tried to sign up previously?

So I'm having a brave moment.

Here's my band: www.myspace.com/ghostaudio

Please ignore the live track on there, my singing is awful on it.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 10:46 am

8) !
the songs sound a little like radiosongs (although it's been years i listened to the radio cause the radio we used to listen to, has split in two, leaving my husband wanting to listen to the one and me to the other. since we don't play any radio anymore :roll: )

very nice balads too!

i've read somewhere you said you have difficulties being on stage, i truly hope you get over it! maybe you could turn your back to the people or hide behind some eyemask, or put someone else more in the front. it might be a strange idea, but then again performance has another set of rules and maybe you can find a way to make it work. maybe you should read the thread 'musicians that might have AS' cause there are a few quite famous artists who made (or still make) music for years and did manage to do so.

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2007, 5:47 pm

Glad you like!

:)

I just shut my eyes on stage and don't open them until it's all over, lol.

I enjoy it though, I just have to really lose myself in it and forget that there's people there.

Afterwards I usually just want to go straight home though.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 5:34 am

that's ok i think, it makes you mysterious, people like that :wink:

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2007, 10:47 pm

just a heads-up:this stuff is not song based,at all :wink:

http://zebox.com/chrissh/#

http://www.myspace.com/chrissh