Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2012, 3:25 pm

Well when I write I seem to need a pretty detailed idea if what will happen in each chapter and the story as a whole or I get very stuck and confused with where to go especially at the moment writing a fantasy fanfiction story there is a rediculous amount of possibility. My mum says its an aspergers thing because I need to know everything that will happen, it's quite irritating and I just wondered if this is a common thing and how do people write things which are so complex.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

I'm writing a novel now. When it gets done it'll probably be around 60,000 words. Right now I have about 40,000 words written. I write from an outline otherwise it would be impossible., I made up a timeline and fleshed out the story based on what happened at a particular time. Timelines can be based on hours, days, weeks, months or years, depending on the length of the overall story.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

When writing essays, I create only a list of important points to be covered.

For fiction, I create character bio's, timelines, and only a very general plot/event outline. I allow the story details, events and characters to go where they will, even if this sometimes departs from my general outline. As long as the intended message/story is communicated, this process seems to yield a satisfactory result. I think that everyone needs to find out what process works best for them and then just go with it.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!