Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2018, 1:44 am

Title: What I Can Be
Original Artist: Like a Storm
Remix By: C. Fleischmann, K. Meyers, A. Smith, J. McCurdy
Notes: This song is dealing with my struggles to accept myself (as a transgender woman who is autistic and primarily nonverbal) and still come to grips with the way certain of family members and the psychiatrists want me to be. This song is effectively an anthem saying that I will not be told how to be and I am a unique person no matter what anyone else wants me to be. This song was originally written for my family and the psychiatrists specifically, but it turned into the below as a general “I’m going to be me no matter who you think you are as I’m the only one with the power to direct my lifestyle…” type song directed at society in general.

[Lyrics:]
Take another look at me. I’m loving what I could be!
I don’t care if I’m not good enough for you, and I don’t care if I don’t be verbal like you want me to. I don’t care what you want to think of me, since all you want is everything that I could never be.
You say I’m a freak, I say, I am free. Come take a hook from me. I’m loving what I could be. You say, I’m unwell, I say, you’re afraid. I get stronger every day. I’m loving what I could be. Take another hook from me, I’m loving what I could be.
You think I’m nothing, since I’m nothing like you. You think you know me. You have no idea what I’ve been through. So take a shot, say what you want about me. All you want is everything that I could never be. (FAKE!)
You say I’m a freak, I say, I am free. Come take a hook from me. I’m loving what I could be. You say, I’m unwell, I say, you’re afraid. I get stronger every day. I’m loving what I could be.
I’d rather be nonverbal than under stress. I’d rather be autistic than just be a paper doll cutout. When it’s all done, there’s only one name upon my grave. I’d rather be a like this than be a fake.

Tell me I’m unwell
Tell me I’m unreal
Tell me I’m different.
(I’m Me!)
You say, I’m unwell, I say, you’re afraid. I get stronger everyday. I’m loving what I could be. I’m loving what I could be (I don’t care). I’m loving what I could be.

I’m me.

- more than likely on a mobile device