Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 10:01 pm

So probably the only topic I will do about a pop singer, but I really do like her. Anyone else?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 8:56 am

I am definatly a fan. I like how she mixes angry social commentary, a biting sense of humor, with happy sounding music. When she wants she can do a great love song like "Littlest Things"

I liked a lot of the "Female British Invasion" of the late '00's Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Florence + The Machine, Kate Nash, Marina and The Diamonds etc. There was another singer that came out if that period you might have heard of, Adele.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 5:50 pm

I also like that whole wave of Brit girls influenced by retro American R+B. Amy Winehouse, and Joss Stone in particular. Havent listened to enough Lilly Allen, but like those two cuts.Will have to imbibe in more of her.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 2:19 pm

Definitely love her refreshing sense of humour. I used to listen a lot to her debut album Alright Still. I really liked 'LDN' and 'Knock 'Em Down' off that album (as well as 'Alfie', which she wrote about her little brother: yes, the same Alfie Allen who portrays Theon Greyjoy in Game of Thrones). Later singles like 'The Fear' were also great.

Here's a parody she did of 50 Cent's song 'Window Shopper':

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 4:21 pm

Eveyone's At It

Who'd Have Known

Cover of Britney Spears "Womanizer"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman