Page 11 of 67 [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 67  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 11:47 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 11:12 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:09 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm

This is one of those cases where a tune in a poppy major scale can be scary or send shivers down my spine. For me this melodic scale, texture, and overall feel reminds me of that odd sort of mania that kicks in under the surface anytime something so bad happens in your life that you go pale, your emotions drain, all you can hear is the ringing of your own ears and the words 'I'm f###ing dead' rattling around. I could be wrong but could almost imagine the artist writing this right after he got robbed, mugged, or shaken down by someone.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 2:45 am

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 2:17 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 9:19 am

Kelby wrote:

:heart:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 9:22 am

I was looking for this one earlier in the thread, it got pulled down from Youtube. It's a really well built jazz/liquid piece, with what sounds like a few samples from Riders on the Storm by The Doors in the intro but I could be wrong.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 2:49 am

^I hear what you mean regarding the Doors/Riders on the Storm similarity. It also sounds like something else I've heard, however, I can't put my finger on what it is. Perhaps if I keep listening, it will come to me. Glad you found the Art of Noise piece, appealing. I'm still trying to get a grasp on this genre. So much of the music makes my heart race and makes me somewhat anxious. It's interesting.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 7:46 am

That brought this one to mind as well, it's a quieter one by Nuage and it's got... I can't quite peg the instrument whether it's guitar or harmonica but I've heard at least a few other tunes that grab this (the first iteration of it kicks in between 2:25 and 2:27). Whatever it its from it definitely carries a strong mood apex.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 2:36 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
That brought this one to mind as well, it's a quieter one by Nuage and it's got... I can't quite peg the instrument whether it's guitar or harmonica but I've heard at least a few other tunes that grab this (the first iteration of it kicks in between 2:25 and 2:27). Whatever it its from it definitely carries a strong mood apex.

This is exquisite. Still listening and will attempt to figure out what instrument(s) it is, that you are unsure of...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 9:26 am

It could even be a very well-modeled synth. I've just heard this sample and I know there's an original tune it's lifted from. I might try looking for that first.

I had to scrape my memory to remember the name of the other artists track that I heard the same sample in, it's Beneath Me by Sines (dubstep tho not dnb). From the sound of though I think it is probably an additive or grain synth rather than an actual instrument. Also, not impossible that this could be the original sample source.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 6:26 pm

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 1:55 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
It could even be a very well-modeled synth...

hi techstepgenr8tion, It sounds exactly like an electric guitar, however, I am leaning towards it being the synthesizer, itself.

Just getting around to listening to the others you posted, and I'll check out the music you suggested listening to, prior to trying to figure out what the instrument is, on Nuage - Inner State/the song at hand.