Which Music Genres Will Die Out within 20 years?

Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

I don't mean completely die out, since there will probably always be a little of certain genres of music out there being made.

It's just some music somehow loses its popularity through time. Take Hair Metal for example. It's not often you hear new Hair Metal music anymore, somehow, it just went away even though there was some really good hair metal back in the day.

Anyways I think Juggalo Music will die out within 20 years. The music is not the smartest, it's often shockrap or joke making rap, the musicians who are made in the business are often unhealthy, and consuming a lot of alcohol, and other dangerous drugs, and so are their followers. It's not easy being a made Juggalo musician as it is, and with them living dangerous lifestyles I see the big musicians dying early and the music suffering due to it, same with the juggalo listeners since a lot of them live similar unhealthy lifestyles.. As time goes by I think many Juggalo musicians will also quit making that kind of music. This is just what I expect to happen if it does not just lose popularity because people think it is bad music.

JasperIan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm

I think rock 'n roll and new wave are in danger of dying out. Theres hardly anything left thats harder edged and truly substantial.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

Pondering wrote:
I don't mean completely die out, since there will probably always be a little of certain genres of music out there being made.

It's just some music somehow loses its popularity through time. Take Hair Metal for example. It's not often you hear new Hair Metal music anymore, somehow, it just went away even though there was some really good hair metal back in the day.

Anyways I think Juggalo Music will die out within 20 years. The music is not the smartest, it's often shockrap or joke making rap, the musicians who are made in the business are often unhealthy, and consuming a lot of alcohol, and other dangerous drugs, and so are their followers. It's not easy being a made Juggalo musician as it is, and with them living dangerous lifestyles I see the big musicians dying early and the music suffering due to it, same with the juggalo listeners since a lot of them live similar unhealthy lifestyles.. As time goes by I think many Juggalo musicians will also quit making that kind of music. This is just what I expect to happen if it does not just lose popularity because people think it is bad music.

Screamo will die out very soon hopefully. Every genre controlled by arrogant scene kids that sounds like absolute crap will die soon.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm

Dubstep

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

Rap - please!

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2012, 1:24 am

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 1:53 am

NathanealWest wrote:
Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Not under my watch.(That it'll die out, well it could, but I'd keep some reserves of them alive.)

scarter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2012, 2:30 am

Fnord wrote:
Rap - please!

:D

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:26 am

Probably anything that isn't on the radio will be pushed out, unless more people start actively searching for better music.
That being said, I also worry that technology will overrun the truly musically talented.

Moseley
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jan 2012, 8:51 am

Fnord wrote:
Rap - please!

That's kind of doubtful really though. There's such a variety of rap genres and it appeals to so many people that I wouldn't say it will ever fade away, you know.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 9:18 am

Eeeeeeeemo.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 11:57 am

Anything that isn't pop music.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 12:33 pm

Dubstep will, rap won't.

I'm interested in what will supplant Venetian Snares, because I can't imagine how that would be possible.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

This is really a hairy question because it depends on how tightly a genre is defined. Those with looser rules will likely always exist in some format - like say rap, certain electronic mediums, rock being defined as guitar and singing; I can't see these disappearing. As for subgenres that are confined to a specific sound - they will melt, will split, will want to wander away from whatever they find most restrictive to metabolize more material.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

What's currently known as pop music will die and something else will assume the title instead.

If dubstep dies, I hope it's because dubstep 2 is better and has BIGGER DROPS.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Pondering wrote:

I think there are much worse things then Juggalo Music....But just about everything I listen to has been controversial at some time or another. Also, not everyones perfect if all songs where about how perfect everyones lives are music would be so boring lots of people in bands of other genres are also unhealthy, consuming a lot of alcohol and drugs as are many of the fans of various genres of music. That's actually been going on quite some time, I mean what about all that acid rock in the 60's I really doubt the majority of people into that spent all their time sober.

In the 60's The Doors where considered controversial for making drug & sex references, the way I see it if someone wants to write a song about drugs, alcohol, sex or any other topic they have every right to. As for music dying out I would hope the mainstream popular music dies because its terrible but I do hope Metal and Psychedelic Rock, and various other genres continue. Even if they do end up ignored by the vast majority of people who are too busy listening to mainstream popular music.