Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:38 am

So Far, I Have Pop Songs As Being Over-Rated. Please Voice Your Opinions And I'll Post Mine As I Go Along.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2008, 11:48 am

You mean genres?
hiphop...

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:51 am

Synth wrote:
You mean genres?
hiphop...

In My Opinion, Hip-Hop Is UNDER-Rated. I'm In England, I Dont Hear Eminem And Stuff That Much On The Radio. We Have Our Own Hip-hop, But Its Different. Called Grime.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:12 pm

Starrsy wrote:
Synth wrote:
You mean genres?
hiphop...

In My Opinion, Hip-Hop Is UNDER-Rated. I'm In England, I Dont Hear Eminem And Stuff That Much On The Radio. We Have Our Own Hip-hop, But Its Different. Called Grime.

Here in the US, "Grime" and "Garage" are considered apart of the "alternative hip-hop" genre (which includes artists like De La Soul, The Pharcyde, Aesop Rock and others), a genre known for intelligent, playful lyrics and occaisonal and/or frequent use of live instrumentation. These artists usually get more airplay on alternative rock stations than hip-hop stations and usually chart on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart far more often than one of Billboard's hip-hop charts.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:17 pm

DocStrange wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
Synth wrote:
You mean genres?
hiphop...

Here in the US, "Grime" and "Garage" are considered apart of the "alternative hip-hop" genre (which includes artists like De La Soul, The Pharcyde, Aesop Rock and others), a genre known for intelligent, playful lyrics and occaisonal and/or frequent use of live instrumentation. These artists usually get more airplay on alternative rock stations than hip-hop stations and usually chart on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart far more often than one of Billboard's hip-hop charts.

In The US, Has One Of The Radios Ever Said The Names JME, Skepta, Devlin, Ghetto, Adam Deacon, Kano Or Wiley?

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:26 pm

Starrsy wrote:
DocStrange wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
Synth wrote:
You mean genres?
hiphop...

In The US, Has One Of The Radios Ever Said The Names JME, Skepta, Devlin, Ghetto, Adam Deacon, Kano Or Wiley?

No. I don't listen to hip-hop or pop radio stations. I listen to alternative rock radio (ie stations that play bands like Franz Ferdiand, The Cure, Madness and Arctic Monkeys).

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:44 pm

HipHop is vastly overated and so popular with females for some bizarre reason ! !

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:55 pm

Over-Rated Musical Genres:

Hip-Hop
    House
    Metal (Death and Heavy)
    Pop (Gospel and Secular)
    Rap
    Urban Contemporary
These all seem to be under the direct control of their respective recording labels. It is only the independent composers, lyricists, and performers that seem to be doing anything new nowadays.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:58 pm

Indierock. And eM0, for SURE!! ! :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 1:15 pm

Hip-Hop
Rap
Heavy Metal
Country
EMO

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 1:39 pm

How Can You All Say Hip-Hop And Rap Is Over-Rated? Are You All In America? Because, That Will Solve My Problem. I'm In England, And I Dont Hear That Much About It.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:32 am

Hip Hop is everywhere ! !

For a start it damn nearly dominates the music channels on Sky !

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 8:47 am

Trance, hip-hop, nu-metal and any other extremely commercial genre that exists only to make money.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:35 am

Zincubus wrote:
HipHop is vastly overated and so popular with females for some bizarre reason ! !

Yes, this is bizarre, considering the extreme misogyny of hip hop, its lyrics, and the artists.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 10:49 am

Hip-Hop Is Not All Misogynus Lyrics And Making Money. I Assume Most Of You Havent Heard The Songs About Why They Rap, Or How They Got Into It.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 11:15 am

Haliphron wrote:
Indierock. And eM0, for SURE!! ! :lol:

Of course, I love Indie Rock, but I understand how certain bands can get on people's nerves.

I'll also say this one last time. This new "emo" stuff is not emo. My Chemical Romance is as emo as Avril is a hardcore punk rocker. My Chemical Romance play "pop punk" or "pop rock" even.

Real emo bands include Sunny Day Real Estate and Straylight Run, who, if someone who is a fan of "new" emo listened to them would consider them simply "alternative rock".