Problem Letting Go..............

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Guardeleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2006, 1:35 pm

I have a big problem. There's this girl I'm totally infaturated with. I think she realizes this, but hasn't confronted me about it.

Initially, she was single, then she hooked up with some dude. She just told me a few days ago she got engaged.

I know, I gotta let go. But I can't!

I keep f*****g having dreams of her! It's like my mind won't let me forget about her!
I've had more dreams of her then any other girl I've known!

What the hell should I do? How can I just forget about all this nonsense and try again?

marshmallow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2006, 7:29 pm

Hi Guardeleon
This type of infatuation is really common in aspies, Ihave some aspie traits and I have had these obsessions with various people all my life.
Im female by the way, and in my forties.
These infatuations usually run their own course, but I sympathise with the pain and frustration.
It is so hard to let go, because sometimes it is a pleasurable feeling, at others it is despair.
I find talking about it in a safe environment like on this site helps a lot.
Good Luck Marshmallow

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 8:03 pm

Easiest way to get over her is replacement. The second easiest is to accentuate the part of her that you hate. Both work well.

Guardeleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2006, 2:45 pm

Thanks. I'm gonna try to end this fast.

Guardeleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2006, 7:10 pm

This is what I've decided to do:

I'm gonna tell her I have a crush on her, but that I'm happy for her.
See, I've concluded that if I can finally get whether or not she has some interest in me, that I can deal a blow to my infaturation.

Should she like me, wonderful.

Should she like me only as a friend, then it simply wasn't meant to be.

No matter the case, I think this is the best course of action, rather then just holding it in and
making a bloody fool of myself. Oh, and yes, we are friends already.

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2006, 3:28 pm

I have had similar issues, unforunately the only thing that helps is the passage of time. Or finding something new to think about constantly.

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2006, 3:46 pm

Guardeleon wrote:
I have a big problem. There's this girl I'm totally infaturated with. I think she realizes this, but hasn't confronted me about it.

Initially, she was single, then she hooked up with some dude. She just told me a few days ago she got engaged.

I know, I gotta let go. But I can't!

I keep f*** having dreams of her! It's like my mind won't let me forget about her!
I've had more dreams of her then any other girl I've known!

What the hell should I do? How can I just forget about all this nonsense and try again?

this is a problem that loads of people face, not just AS people..

dont tell her or she will think you insane, just learn to forget.

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2006, 9:42 pm

I think that it's good to still be friends. :D

_Eric ;)

Guardeleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2006, 10:03 pm

I suppose you all might enjoy what happened to me...

I didn't do it, but I don't think it matters. She's really flirty with me, and I've got an inkling her engagement isn't as stable as it looks. (Trust me on this.)

I'm fairly convinced she likes me, and up til recently, we kept email correspondence...but she's suddenly stopped sending me email. I sent her a few emails, not enough to seem obsessive, but enough to let her know I want to talk to her. She's the type of person to voice her opinion, so I don't think she's trying to tell me to F-off, or else she would have said so.

Meh. This is just something I gotta deal with. Ahh, crushing on NTs....

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2006, 1:03 pm

You know, this reminds me of a person that I knew at my high school. Her name was Samantha, and she would seem like the nicest girl you'll ever meet. She flirted with me and would say "Hi ya Hon" "or "See ya Hon". I used to talk to her all the time and she seemed interested. HA! I say HA! What a fake. One day I seen her outside the gym and I wanted to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving. I was walking up, and he goes in the door. I think Oh well and walk back and then I see her back out, and I see her and some friend giggling and going back in the door. So again, I walk back, I look behind me and she was out again, I think to myself "Now am I going to be a sucker to go back there a 3rd time?...............Yes." So I go back and same thing, her and her friend giggle and go back in the door. And then I her some girl say "HEY YOU, THE ONE WHO LIKES SAMANTHA, COME HERE, SHE WANTS TO SAY SOMETHING TO YOU!! !! !! !! !!" She was already dating someone else at the time so I said "WE'RE JUST FRIENDS" and I had to go to the bus.

She was going to let me date her at some point, but she would always have some other guy with her and pass me. I had no idea that she was a Tomboy. Other than that I've never had a dating experiance, and It's kind of shameful because I'm 18 and I've seen other teens date before me.

Oh well, I just got to pray for something of my taste to come along.

_Eric ;)