Am I the only who feels like this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2011, 8:23 pm

Everyone I know in high school has either had or is in a relationship and I am the only one who is not in one currently. I feel extremely left out and that I am mostly by my self and isolated in my own time. I have never gone out with anyone or have any kindof relationship with anyone. I am male and 17 and I feel extremely alone. I would like to know what where you're love stories that you had in high school? I remember that I had a crush on this one girl that I liked a lot and she was nice to me and then I wanted to hang out with her more and talk to her more often and then I got to the point where I was so annoying to her she thought that I was stalking her. Her friends started to be really mean to me and avoided me wherever I go. Then she made me really mad and started to go out with other guys in the school and I felt extremely depressed afterwards. Then she started hating me and wanting me to get away now. Later on she moved and is nolonger in the school where I am at now and I still kind of like her. Now I am to afraid to come up and talk to other people and try to go out with them. I am wondering am I just going to be alone for the rest of my life? Sorry for me making so many threads I just don't have anyone to talk to in real life so the internet is basically the way I can talk to people. But is this just me that is really lonely?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:32 pm

user1001 wrote:
Everyone I know in high school has either had or is in a relationship and I am the only one who is not in one currently. I feel extremely left out and that I am mostly by my self and isolated in my own time. I have never gone out with anyone or have any kindof relationship with anyone. I am male and 17 and I feel extremely alone. I would like to know what where you're love stories that you had in high school? I remember that I had a crush on this one girl that I liked a lot and she was nice to me and then I wanted to hang out with her more and talk to her more often and then I got to the point where I was so annoying to her she thought that I was stalking her. Her friends started to be really mean to me and avoided me wherever I go. Then she made me really mad and started to go out with other guys in the school and I felt extremely depressed afterwards. Then she started hating me and wanting me to get away now. Later on she moved and is nolonger in the school where I am at now and I still kind of like her. Now I am to afraid to come up and talk to other people and try to go out with them. I am wondering am I just going to be alone for the rest of my life? Sorry for me making so many threads I just don't have anyone to talk to in real life so the internet is basically the way I can talk to people. But is this just me that is really lonely?

My story is similar to yours, minus the crush. I never had a crush in highschool.

Cazador
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2011, 9:12 pm

interestingly enough, I had a couple of crushes in elementary school, yet none in high school.

mathesis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2011, 10:00 pm

I felt the same way as you did when I was 17, I had my first girlfriend when I was 19 or 20. My advice is: be patient you'll get there. Learn to play an instrument or artsy stuff, girls like that kind of stuff. Don't look for a gf right away, be sure to have lots of female friends.

cheers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 1:42 am

user1001 wrote:

Roughly 50% of the people in the western world have wonderful highschool years, and 50% have rather dismal highschool years. Or it seems to me it's something like that. In other words, no, you are not alone in your feelings or experiences, in fact, they are fairly common.

At least the one's that you feel alone and don't have much of a social life.

I think you should learn from your experience with this girl to learn how you can improve your relationship skills.

You claim this girl started to find you annoying.
Ask yourself how you came across as annoying. Were you doing anything socially inappropriate? Did you know at the time you were being annoying to her? If so, why didn't you respect her boundaries? If not, how can you better identify those boundaries in others so that you know when to back off?

You shouldn't be afraid to approach other girls but I think you should be more vigilant in your social interactions and be prepared to be rejected so it's not emotionally devastating for you. Guys who don't seem to have trouble with the ladies really just do so well because they usually like talking to girls. When they can get a girl to talk to them willingly it makes them feel like they've won something, and if they get rejected, even rudely, they usually just brusj it off because they know that was a risk and was part of "the game".

They don't let crushes simmer long enough to turn into potentially ego shattering infatuations before they finally get up enough courage to approach a girl.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:43 am

I felt the same way when I was 16. I felt everybody in my classroom had someone (actually not everybody had boyfriend/girlfriend, but I felt that way - I think it was my mind playing tricks on me). Then I decided to have a boyfriend just to be like everybody else. I ended up hooking up with the next guy who asked me out (in normal circumstances I would have NEVER go out with someone like him) and in a relationship I did not want to be in. The relationship ended up really bad. I will recommend you to wait until you find the right person. The girl you like obviously was not the right one. I think the need for someone is very natural, specially because of your age. When you are in your teens your hormones are running through your body and make you feel and think very weird things: your hormones want you to mate, basically. Just wait a little and all those feelings will all go away. I did that and I met the right guy when I was 23. And he was the right one. He's been my husband for 16 years.