Online dating question thing

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Chezecaek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2014, 12:15 pm

Right, so my gut tells me I already lost this one, but here it is anyway.

Was talking to a woman pretty extensively on OkCupid and became fairly interested in her. I asked her if she wanted to meet up and she said no, she'd like to talk a bit more first, which was fine by me. Then at some point in the conversation ('cause I'm a moron) I sent her a sort of rambling message while I was drunk, and she didn't reply for a couple days (we'd been chatting every night until that point). I thought maybe I'd creeped her out or made her uncomfortable by suddenly rambling to her so I sent a message kind-of-but-not-really apologizing and explaining that I'm just awkward like that, which is true enough. Then she said that it wasn't so much because of that and that she was just busy, a perfectly reasonable explanation. She hasn't logged on since then, which would certainly reinforce the idea that she's busy, but it's been over a week and besides that she's been pretty active on Facebook (I suggested that she could send me a friend request if she wanted to, and she did, although I'm not positive whether this was a good idea or not). Considering she said so right after my intuition told me I'd scared her away, saying she's busy could easily be another way of saying she's no longer interested, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. I figure one thing I could do is ask her (as I said she's been on Fb), so I can get a straightforward answer and not have to keep sitting here agonizing about it. On the other hand that could seem like pestering if she's really just not been available to talk. Right, so I guess the question is...does it seem possible that she might still be interested (I mean if she even was to begin with, maybe she just wanted someone to talk to for a bit), and should I make a move to find out?

Thank you and enjoy this obligatory fish smiley. :nemo:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 12:40 pm

I don't think I get it. So basically you've added eachother in facebook, right? Why aren't you talking on facebook instead of the site were you met eachother?

Chezecaek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

I...don't know, it seemed more natural to do that somehow. Talking to people on Facebook feels...different...you're right though, I'm not sure that makes any sense.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

She is probably subtlety trying to say she is not interested. She may be more interested in someone else and is waiting to see if it goes anywhere, but does not want to cut ties if it does not turn into a relationship.

Chezecaek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2014, 11:40 pm

Never mind, we're talking again. She was just feeling burnt out from a wedding/family reunion she went to. As usual I was reading way too deep into it.