any women here who have never dated, never had a boyfriend?

Page 5 of 26 [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 1:59 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So are the relationship-virgin aspie women on WP are afraid to speak up here because we "a scary bunch in a male dominated forum and we may bite them".....

My avatar doesn't exactly help in that regard.

Neither my avatar! 8O

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 2:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So are the relationship-virgin aspie women on WP are afraid to speak up here because we "a scary bunch in a male dominated forum and we may bite them".....

....or.. the more logical explanation is: relationship-virgin aspie women are simply....rare?

No you're drawing the conclusion that you want to draw. There's actually no proof. It's well known that women don't participate on this sub forum. Why in the world would they pop their head over the parapet for role call?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 2:43 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

....or.. the more logical explanation is: relationship-virgin aspie women are simply....rare?

No you're drawing the conclusion that you want to draw. There's actually no proof. It's well known that women don't participate on this sub forum. Why in the world would they pop their head over the parapet for role call?

but they certainly participate in the women's forum, it is there where I am peeking for counting.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This is only speculation because there are no statistics on this.
Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
No offense and don't take this the wrong way, but it kind of makes me feel better
That makes sense. It's reassuring to know you're not alone and to know that you may meet someone with the same circumstances as yourself.
WantToHaveALife wrote:
whenever i hear of women that are in their 20's and beyond who have never had a boyfriend than the other way around, because it seems women are far less at risk than men are at being perpetually single because women don't have to be the initiators.
I disagree. We are just as much at risk of being single because we expect men to be the initiators and when a man we are interested in does not initiate then we assume that he's not interested, even though he might be. Our lack of initiating means we may miss out on opportunities that were staring us right in the face.
Don't expect them to initiate then? Seems like a self-created problem there. Unless you're really shy of course, social anxiety makes it impossible to approach people.
Saberclaw this is hypocrisy. Why tell girls not to expect guys to initiate if you expect girls to initiate?

It is as much a self created problem for guys as it is for girls.

If we lived in a world were the girls asked guys out and the guys waited to be asked out, we would still have the same problems, just gender reversed. We would have shy girls, to nervous to ask a girl out and guys saying no girl ever asks him out.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 5:51 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This is only speculation because there are no statistics on this.
Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
No offense and don't take this the wrong way, but it kind of makes me feel better
That makes sense. It's reassuring to know you're not alone and to know that you may meet someone with the same circumstances as yourself.
WantToHaveALife wrote:
whenever i hear of women that are in their 20's and beyond who have never had a boyfriend than the other way around, because it seems women are far less at risk than men are at being perpetually single because women don't have to be the initiators.
I disagree. We are just as much at risk of being single because we expect men to be the initiators and when a man we are interested in does not initiate then we assume that he's not interested, even though he might be. Our lack of initiating means we may miss out on opportunities that were staring us right in the face.
Don't expect them to initiate then? Seems like a self-created problem there. Unless you're really shy of course, social anxiety makes it impossible to approach people.
Saberclaw this is hypocrisy. Why tell girls not to expect guys to initiate if you expect girls to initiate?

It is as much a self created problem for guys as it is for girls.

If we lived in a world were the girls asked guys out and the guys waited to be asked out, we would still have the same problems, just gender reversed. We would have shy girls, to nervous to ask a girl out and guys saying no girl ever asks him out.

Nah, there's a big difference between not initiating because you lack confidence, and not initiating because you expect the male to. I never said I expect the female to initiate.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 6:52 am

This thread makes me feel like I'm a an unlovable freak. There are only a handful of other women in my circumstances?

What's wrong with me!! !?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 6:54 am

I'm inclined to believe that the difference between the number of men who haven't dated and the number of women who haven't dated would be similar to the difference between the number of male virgins and the number of female virgins.

There are probably more chronically single males, but not as many more as this site seems to depict. To start with, there are probably more guys who frequent this site by virtue of there being more males diagnosed with Asperger's/Autism. I'd also guess based on my observations that guys who are in the throws of perpetual singledom are more likely to post on forums about their situation.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:08 am

hurtloam wrote:
This thread makes me feel like I'm a an unlovable freak. There are only a handful of other women in my circumstances?

What's wrong with me!! !?

It doesn't make much difference if there are few more females in your circumstances.

I mean...yeah, I know that visibly there are more handful of males here who are in my circumstances, but we are all barely 1% of the male population, almost all males my age I know in life are not like this, so yeah...probably we are all unlovable freaks. :-/

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:11 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I'm inclined to believe that the difference between the number of men who haven't dated and the number of women who haven't dated would be similar to the difference between the number of male virgins and the number of female virgins.

There are probably more chronically single males, but not as many more as this site seems to depict. To start with, there are probably more guys who frequent this site by virtue of there being more males diagnosed with Asperger's/Autism. I'd also guess based on my observations that guys who are in the throws of perpetual singledom are more likely to post on forums about their situation.

On Facebook, I see females who joke/complain/post memes that indicate their chronic celibacy, but I never see males do so - never ever.
I am sure women are less likely to complain anonymously on forums about it because they are more likely to complain about it to their friends. Males never do that in real life.
So probably only females with very private personality (don't like to talk about it with friends/family) would vent about it on private anonymous forums.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 7:43 am

Boo: I also see males do it nowadays. But it's definitely far less common.

Hurtloam is right - there aren't many women here that visit the Love & Dating section first place.

So, let's beg the question.

Why wouldn't there be many women in a Love and Dating advice forum, that exists to provide advice relating to dating or relationships?

Is it possible it's because aspie women tend to not NEED love and dating related advice in the first place, i.e. because they don't actually struggle with love and dating, or at least are happier being single than men are?

Why else would there be so few who visit this sub-section? :wink:

But, of course, it's not 'black-and-white', and there may be any number of other reasons - female users are rare here in the first place, maybe they're just not interested in visiting even if they do have relationship struggles, etc.

Forget about the fact there's more aspie men than women for a second - the gender ratio isn't THAT big, certainly not enough so that the vast majority of people chronically single and miserably lonely are only males.

I remember the gender ratios something like 5:1, but the amount of single men here complaining vs. women feels more like 50:1.

"This thread makes me feel like I'm a an unlovable freak. There are only a handful of other women in my circumstances?

What's wrong with me!! !?"

Nothing at all, consider it a good thing.

The amount of young girls and women I see today who appear and claim to be completely 'content' with focusing on their education/careers despite the fact university is an over-priced gamble and we're heading for political, social, economic and environmental collapse down-the-line anyway is absolutely ludicrous.

Kudos to you for actually being interested in something that is perfectly natural and human.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:05 am

^^ maybe we missed out those who post frequently on the Haven too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:07 am

I would bet that there's NOTHING wrong with you, Hurtloam.

Also: WP is not male-dominated; there are plenty of females on WP.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:17 am

Outrider wrote:
What's wrong with me!! !?"

Nothing at all, consider it a good thing.

The amount of young girls and women I see today who appear and claim to be completely 'content' with focusing on their education/careers despite the fact university is an over-priced gamble and we're heading for political, social, economic and environmental collapse down-the-line anyway is absolutely ludicrous.

Kudos to you for actually being interested in something that is perfectly natural and human.

I completely agree.

Hurtloam, I do recall you said once here how some of your chronically single female friends claim they don't want any man in their lives and are totally content with everything, and I recall you said you get annoyed sometimes how they try to drag you to stay single because they want you to stay like them.
Maybe there is a strong "women going their own way" culture or something in the west of this generation, hence why you don't see much of love-related complaining (which is normal) from women members here.

This thread may reflect this general attitude: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=304404

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would bet that there's NOTHING wrong with you

Thanks, but you don't know me in person. Thete might actually be something glaringly obviously wrong with me that doesn't come across in written communication.

Thete must be something wrong with me otherwise one of those guys that seemed to like me would have asked me out.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:27 am

Yes Boo I did say that. You'll never guess. The loudest, most defiance, I'm OK on my own friend is now in a serious relationship.

It's all about saving face. Women don't want to be seen as weak and needing a man. They don't want to be seen as pathetic and lonely, so they put up a strong front, a wall.

Which I think puts men off. Its a vicious circle.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 8:31 am

And they say men have male pride. :lol:

Maybe it's the female pride which is more apparent then.