Will we end up dating life-like robots???

Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 8:45 pm

Have none of you ever heard of realdoll.com? :?

Realistic sex dolls have existed for years. It's only a matter of time before they're animatronic/robotic.

They will exist.. but I predict they will be for a very, very, small niche market of users.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2017, 2:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Have none of you ever heard of realdoll.com? :?

Realistic sex dolls have existed for years. It's only a matter of time before they're animatronic/robotic.

They will exist.. but I predict they will be for a very, very, small niche market of users.

Ya never know... remember when everyone thought Donald Trump would "never" win the election...

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm

It takes a real loser to abandon real women for robots. Something like that becoming mainstream is rather unlikely.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jan 2017, 12:30 am

I remember hearing of a study that 25% would date a robot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2017, 7:40 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
It takes a real loser to abandon real women for robots. Something like that becoming mainstream is rather unlikely.

Judgmental much? Aren't you single? What about in areas like China, where the female population is low compared to the male population? I guess they're just losers, huh?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:03 am

Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Judgmental much? Aren't you single? What about in areas like China, where the female population is low compared to the male population? I guess they're just losers, huh?

*shrug* maybe? I mean, c'mon.. no matter who you are you can take matters into your own hands.

Banging a sex doll is just.. creepy as f**k, IMO. I couldn't do it. It'd feel like some sort of twisted necrophilia nightmare or something.

It's weird.. I'm far less judgemental about people using various sex toys, even though they're not really my thing.. but once it's a full humanoid doll? It's just.. different. And perhaps because it's different it's why I think differently about it. Maybe if it DID catch on I'd feel less weird about it.. but for now, the idea of sticking it in a life-like doll is pretty creepy stuff (to me) and sounds like it'll be reserved for some verrrrry strange folks. But hey, if this is what keeps them from raping people or doing other terrible deeds, w/e it's harmless to me - just about as creepy as it gets, though.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:16 am

^^Coming from someone like you, lol

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm

Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Anyone who resorts to banging a robot is a pathetic loser and ought to feel ashamed of themselves. Though I suspect they'd have no shame left if they could resort to that. It's even worse than hiring a prostitute, which is already pretty damn low.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Anyone who resorts to banging a robot is a pathetic loser and ought to feel ashamed of themselves. Though I suspect they'd have no shame left if they could resort to that. It's even worse than hiring a prostitute, which is already pretty damn low.

You didn't answer my question. Given you responses to other thread, this response doesn't surprise me.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 7:58 pm

Cool... time to go find myself a robot for banging purposes. Perhaps even film the action! ^_^

Sabreclaw wrote:

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 8:19 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Have fun with false rape accusations and paying for someone else's kids, nagging, etc.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:54 pm

Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

You didn't answer my question. Given you responses to other thread, this response doesn't surprise me.

Your question had nothing to do with what I was talking about. So I don't care. If you want me to bother answering it then give me a reason why I should.

Boxman108 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Have fun with false rape accusations and paying for someone else's kids, nagging, etc.

That's the sort of thing a bitter person would say.. or a sexist. Good relationships aren't like that at all.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2017, 10:08 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Your question had nothing to do with what I was talking about. So I don't care. If you want me to bother answering it then give me a reason why I should.

Boxman108 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

That's the sort of thing a bitter person would say.. or a sexist. Good relationships aren't like that at all.

Wow, you don't come off as an arrogant jerk at all. You must be very sad in your personal life. YOu're probably the type of person that likes to be rude to people online in order to feel good.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 10:48 pm

Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Boxman108 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Wow, you don't come off as an arrogant jerk at all. You must be very sad in your personal life. YOu're probably the type of person that likes to be rude to people online in order to feel good.

Saying I don't care about an off-topic opinion is not arrogance. Being rude to perverts who want to f**k robots and somehow think that's a replacement to real companionship doesn't make me feel good, it's just something I feel compelled to do.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2017, 11:07 pm

Not everybody is a pervert who wants to f. robots (or f. anything else either). Some of us have gotten nothing but unkindness when we needed love the most, so I see nothing wrong with turning to mechanized love.

It baffles me how we have no problem with mechanized agriculture, mechanized transportation, mechanized warfare, etc etc... but yet we find the idea of mechanized romance to be such a low blow?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:35 am

Hey man, it's not sexist, just true.