Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 9:46 pm

I had a crush on someone once in college. It turned out he was a jerk and he was married. I wasn't too interested after he showed his stripes.

hanpil35
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

I am not sure how it feels like to be "in love", however I have some kind of connection and obsession over this boy. I think about him every day and he makes me smile.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

I am reminded of a line from a "national lampoon" comedy record, "deteriorata"- "....therefore, do not fall in love- it will stick to your face."

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 4:10 pm

Yes, once :heart: , now the relationship is finished. It will always water my face like salty sea watering the shore. But the shore will always remember how a strong beautiful feeling it is. :)

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2017, 8:38 pm

Yeah iv'e been doped up on love potions imported from Hogwarts one time pretty bad as well. It was in early 2015 around this time and I was so lovestuck, I was singing in the shower, singing and dancing to shtty over-produced love songs, and smiling 24/7 because the thought of her was so infatuating.

Just too bad the feelings were not mutual and the thought of asking her out would have caused me to sht my pants.

A lot can change in two years... I have since asked several girls out only to be rejected. Still no girlfriend though, i'm about as good with women as my grandma is with being handed an x box controller and trying to pwn noobs on call of duty.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 1:48 am

I fell in love and stayed in love with a particular someone from the day we met until the day he died (14 years later). I wasn't looking to fall in love at the time, and it took me a few weeks to realise what the feelings I had represented, most notably a distinctive feeling of lightness in my physical body, a tremendous feeling of buoyancy. It was so distinctive that I can recall the moment I was first aware of it - walking down a street and feeling as almost if I was sailing along the surface of the footpath. Years later I saw the title of a film (and book) called "The Incredible Lightness of Being" and that phrase describes it very well. Love isn't just something that happens on an emotional level, in my experience, it affects and transforms every level of being - the physical, psychological, emotional and the deeply personal level of the soul self. I can speak only of and from my own experience as love is a uniquely personal event, and people have very different ideas about what love, and being in love is.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

I think I feel it mildly for someone I've known a long time but am wary because we've only ever communicated online, even if that has stretched past the ten year mark. Always knew I didn't love my ex but thought that would change over time, because he was a rare friend. This experience has made me re-assess whether the 'love at first sight' scenario actually does have some merit after all.
This online friend though, we'll likely never meet in comparison because we're both too reclusive to travel that far! Ah, but I've read somewhere that people can fool themselves into loving someone when they don't actually have a full 'character profile', which will be the case, here. That is, the mind fills in the blanks about that person so that their esteem of this person becomes half reality, half fantasy. Love seems a very treacherous and dangerous emotion, but enviable.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
Love seems a very treacherous and dangerous emotion, but enviable.

Oh I like that.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

racheypie666 wrote:
crystaltermination wrote:
Love seems a very treacherous and dangerous emotion, but enviable.

Oh I like that.

+Bows+ :wink:

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 3:13 pm

I've thought about this alot recently...
And came to the conclusion that most of the time I don't feel anything at all. I don't know whether I have a heart of ice, or if love really is a true illusion.

My relationships have been great I suppose, couldn't say a bad thing about them. But I have never felt anything I would call love. When I was younger I think I often confused lust with love.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm

now that I've gotten a small taste of it, I can look back upon it with fondness.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm

What is Leith?

Begbie don't hurt me.

:heart:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:33 am

Yes.

It's awfully good.
Sometimes more awful, sometimes more good. :P

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

I fell in love fast and hard.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 10:14 pm

I've had crushes, but I never fell in love.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2017, 10:35 pm

I've been in love a few times, but I'm not currently in love with someone.